50 Shades of Grey

Right finally finished them all... So bored by the end! Cannot bear to read the words 'Oh Ana' or 'Oh Christian' ever again!!!!!

Still haven't got round to reading them yet as I was already on a book when they come out and it's hard enough reading that with a 10 month old and doing 3 jobs :S lol! which one was everybody's favourite? X

on the final book of 50 shades... been on the final few chapters for about a month and can't be bothered to finish it! Become a bit repetitive to be honest :(

lilbabyfish said:
Right finally finished them all... So bored by the end! Cannot bear to read the words 'Oh Ana' or 'Oh Christian' ever again!!!!!

And I thought I was the only one! I was exhausted by the end. Lol!

Bet ana was too haha

Just finished the 3rd book lastnight!

Now where do i find myself a MR Grey???

Loved them!

Yes, I read "The Story of O" a long time ago. People who were uncomfortable with "Shades of Grey" would be horrified by "The Story of O" though...
I heard there was a 2nd book to this, do you know if this is right? and yep totally agree with you!!

I read all 3 books in the space of a week. I must say, the background story lines were very intriguing and got me hooked but i was getting so bored of the erotic bits i ended up skim reading through them parts as it was so samey.

lol ladies, if u liked Shades of grey books take a look at The Butcher, The Baker the candlestick maker, by Suzanne Portnoy! I was mortified as an older colleague lent this to me. A must Secret read ;-)

Ive bought bared to you as thats meant to be quite good but havent got round to reading it yet. Infact i think ive left it at the OH's house. OOps!

Oh my friend told me about those. I just bought the story of O. By Pauline Reage. Gonna start it tonight once kiddies are in bed. Will keep u posted. Let me know what the Bared to You turns out like.

I've read the first two, in very quick succession. I agree not well written but there is something compelling about it. I just can't get my head round why Ana could like someone so controlling. For me Christian Grey doesn't make me swoon & I'm struggling to care about either of them in the last book!! Twilight far superior, although also a guilty pleasure!! I always feel I should be reading something more high brow, so I read these at home....sad eh! :)

Just my opinion, of course;
Terribly written, completely misinformed about the dom/sub relationship, two-dimensional characters and not so much erotic as just as bluntly put as humanly possible.
It offends me as both a writer and a pervert.
:')

Totally agree, I thought it was an awful book with poor grammar and very ridiculous story. Most of my friends that have read it have said the same. It was a case of I'll read it to see what the fuss is about ha ha

"It offends me as both a writer and a pervert.
:')"

That is one of the funniest things I have ever read on here......

So, whilst I am here (as a bloke) I will tell you what I have just read.

"The Death Of Eli Gold" by David Baddiel.

So so beautiful, moved me very very deeply.

Back