575 Lb Man Has Heart Attack @ 29

I read the article and I may say I'm totally disgusted by that restaurant. The boss has no heart or human ethics; offering free 8000cals hamburgers for everyone over 350 pounds??!! that's like promoting super obesity or, in other words, death.
At least he had the decency of saying it becomes into heart attacks :/

I read the article and I may say I'm totally disgusted by that restaurant. The boss has no heart or human ethics; offering free 8000cals hamburgers for everyone over 350 pounds??!! that's like promoting super obesity or, in other words, death.
At least he had the decency of saying it becomes into heart attacks :/

I agree! I find that the restaurant owners are disgusting and that the restaurant if you want to call it that should be shut down as it is a hazzard to the public no matter what their size! The owner is to blame as much as any person who decides to dine there. I just can't understand how someone could even think about opening such a place let alone doing it.

Yes, it's a real shame. Obviously the super obese people who go there to eat over 18000 cals for free (at a single meal) have an binge problem and somehow the boss of that restaurant finds funny to joke with those people's problems and unhealthy habits, promoting them.

This makes me remember the feeders and feedees, such a sad thing. It shocks me how some people find great to promote such dangerous behaviours; this is promoting death :(

shocking and so sad

thats horrible! then again, no1 made him eat stuff like that, not that this makes it ok :(

Ugh, I remember reading about that restaurant. It's in shockingly poor taste!

That's disgusting. How can you actively encourage people already carrying health risks to eat such awful food? It really should be shut down. The owner is exploiting innocent people's issues with food to get rich. It's vile.

I get what you're all saying about the place being unhealthy and all that, but the guy did not die of a heart attack, which is what's stated in the title of this post ('575 Lb Man Has Heart Attack @ 29'). According to the article, the cause of death is unknown.

He was a spokesman for the restaurant, and the 'face' of the restaurant with the name 'Heart Attack Grill' but nothing in the article says that he had a heart attack.

River died on Tuesday and his cause of death is unknown, but River had been suffering from pneumonia.

:)

Of course - although I'm sure he would have generally been a lot healthier if he didn't weigh 575 lbs :)

I think the general outrage was over the discovery that such a place exists, and the terrible values it bases its marketing on.

Something else disgusting about the restaraunt is that the waitresses there wear "naughty" (slutty, tyvm) nurse costumes. Try Google image search -- worse than Hooters, imho.

I also found this quote in a blog:
"research shows that severely obese men are at greater risk of developing pneumonia, a complication of obesity."

Last edited:
if you saw dead fat, pneumonia and obesity would not surprise you.. fat squishes all the organs up and squashes the lungs into a small space, so they are significantly less ineffective than healthy people.

Lets face it anyone at 500lbs, and not dealing with it, is heading straight into a coffin anyway :(

That's awful. I always think it's sad when someone dies young. I'm 29, and I feel I'm only just beginning to live my life.
As for the restaurant, I guess they're pretty honest with their advertising! I find it worrying that you could actively sell food saying "our food is really bad for you, eat like this and you'll give yourself health problems", and people will choose to go there!

That's awful. I always think it's sad when someone dies young. I'm 29, and I feel I'm only just beginning to live my life.
As for the restaurant, I guess they're pretty honest with their advertising! I find it worrying that you could actively sell food saying "our food is really bad for you, eat like this and you'll give yourself health problems", and people will choose to go there!

You'd think so, but you only have to look at a packet of cigs to know that health warnings don't work :(

Back