6.5 stone down... AND MAINTAINED for 6 months!

So since posting in January, I thought I'd do another picture update for anyone who wants some support and encouragement. Since originally posting I have continued with my exercise routines (1.5mile run, insanity and squat and plank challenge!) and continued with healthy eating with occasional fat days! My weight is maintaining, if anything iv lost a couple more lbs! If I can help any more with questions/encouragement please let me know!! I want everyone to get to their goal and feel good!! I found it so helpful having a true person to question, rather than my consultant. She was lovely, but it was her business - if that makes sense! She had to be professional - I can tell it how it is!! Hope you are all staying motivated... Especially because it's so sunny!! Don't have an icecream, just crush ice and mix in your shake mix instead of adding water!! It's a good fake icecream!! Sarah

You are so inspirational Sarah. You look absolutely amazing! X

You are by far my favourite before/after story! Thank you for sharing!

I wish I could think of a sensible, or fitting, question to ask you, but you have answered anything I would like to know in this thread already! Very informative. Good work! Xx

I love love love this thread cus not only did it give me encouragement when I started it is one of the most positive threads when it comes to maintaining too, you seem like you have completely settled in to healthy living while still allowing some time for the food you love! So inspirational :)

Yeah and you don't seem to have any saggy skin either*!! What's your secret?

Total loss = 26lbs

You have just became my ultimate inspiration! I'm due to start Cambridge Sole Source + on Tuesday and as daunting as it is I'm so excited to finally be doing something about my weight. Whenever I'm struggling I will look at your pics and know its possible to get it off and keep it off. This is not a quick fix for me, I want to change my life for the better and I hope in a years time I will be able to tell a remarkable story like your own. Well done!

Yeah and you don't seem to have any saggy skin either*!! What's your secret? Total loss = 26lbs

Honestly.... Exercise and a secret cream.....

PILES CREAM!!!! So once at my grandma's house, I was reading her box for her piles cream whilst on the toilet - no idea why! And it said "reduces the size of piles" to which I thought "piles are skin right." So got googling and other people had used it to combat stretch marks!!

So yes, I smothered myself in piles cream!! But be careful as it's so so thick, that it's definitely a before bed, when the husband isn't expecting anything sexy! It turns your skin white/grey as it's so thick! I can't guarantee it's worked, but I think it has!!

Hope it's going well!!

Good luck to everyone starting post Easter binges :)

And if you've been naughty over Easter (which I have...!) good luck getting back on it tomorrow!! X

wow Sarah, your truly amazing, and your figure is bootiful, I would love to look like you ;o). I have a few questions if you don't mind.. I am wondering how long you stayed on ss for and when you moved up the steps did you put on weight initially?
I have been on SS for 5 weeks and have lost 27lb which I am really happy with but am going on holiday in 3 weeks and am wondering if I stick to Vege/Salad and protein and drink loads of water could I put on as I am not used to eating? I know some people take their shakes with them, but I wanted to have this as a test on how I cope with eating real food as I don't want to ever go back to my old bad habits. Did you go on hols while doing this?

Thanks again
Debs

That's brilliant! Totally shows that it can be done! Well done you!

wow Sarah, your truly amazing, and your figure is bootiful, I would love to look like you ;o). I have a few questions if you don't mind.. I am wondering how long you stayed on ss for and when you moved up the steps did you put on weight initially? I have been on SS for 5 weeks and have lost 27lb which I am really happy with but am going on holiday in 3 weeks and am wondering if I stick to Vege/Salad and protein and drink loads of water could I put on as I am not used to eating? I know some people take their shakes with them, but I wanted to have this as a test on how I cope with eating real food as I don't want to ever go back to my old bad habits. Did you go on hols while doing this? Thanks again Debs

Ask away...

I was on SS for 2 months (October until mid-November) and had wanted to binge/go crazy on Xmas and kind of assumed I'd gain and thought ok... It's Xmas as long as I have the will power to remain focused after... In mid November I stepped up to 8-10.

A week before xmas I went up to 1000 as then I'd introduced carbs before I binged... I then after Xmas went back to 810 and on weigh in day, I had lost a lb. my consultant said it could have been a metabolism boost! But I genuinely didn't gain... Throughout going up each step I never had a weigh in where I had gained and I only ever sts when I was up to 1800 cals!

Have a lovely holiday and enjoy it without stressing too much about food - easier said than done I know!!

Just don't let yourself not return back to the good ways... Nip it again after holidays and I'm sure you won't gain!!

S x

What a fantastic change you have made, and it's great that you are now really fit too with all that exercise. It's nice to see that you stuck around to answer everyone's questions too, you come across as very warm and kind, and the points you've made such as the 1 biscuit not satisfying the craving anyway, which will stay with me. I think it's interesting that it works for you to have a big blow out day every 2/3 weeks (assuming you still did that). I have been and 8/10 and maintained it but I think it's when I've binged and the after thoughts that made me spiral downwards e.g. It's the end of the world, I'm going to get fat again, may as well keep on eating and stifle out this etc!! I'm only now realising that had I planned it and allowed myself to relax once in a while, the after thoughts and eventual actions may follow suit.

Massive well done to you :)

What a fantastic change you have made, and it's great that you are now really fit too with all that exercise. It's nice to see that you stuck around to answer everyone's questions too, you come across as very warm and kind, and the points you've made such as the 1 biscuit not satisfying the craving anyway, which will stay with me. I think it's interesting that it works for you to have a big blow out day every 2/3 weeks (assuming you still did that). I have been and 8/10 and maintained it but I think it's when I've binged and the after thoughts that made me spiral downwards e.g. It's the end of the world, I'm going to get fat again, may as well keep on eating and stifle out this etc!! I'm only now realising that had I planned it and allowed myself to relax once in a while, the after thoughts and eventual actions may follow suit. Massive well done to you :)

I plan my "fat days" in advance so I have something to work towards and look forward to and only allow myself to have one if I have managed to get back down to weight :)

Hope that helps,

S x

Thanks Sarah, thats really helped me.. Have now lost a total of 34lb in 7 weeks and really happy, I have decided to take shakes with me on hols and have one meal a day, but if we go out, will obviously have something but am not touching alcohol or carbs. its amazing to see how you have done and I really appreciate you answering my questions.. Mad how you panic about things you normally wouldn't care about ;o).

Take care

Debs

Hope everyone is doing well - remember ... Crush ice in those shakes in this sunshine and trick yourself... "I am eating ice-cream!"

S xx

You make me motivated!!

Well done you, its amazing

A little tip to get you through the sunshine...

Blender... Loads of ice... About 100ml of water and coffee granules.... 3 sweetener tablets (Canderal) and 1/4 of a teaspoon of xanthan gum .... Blend, blend blend....

Makes the most delicious frappe/ice cream!! And it's SS/ketosis friendly!!!

Enjoy the sun xx

Back