Step 1 Sole Source 6 Months in - Sudden urge to eat?

Tygermoth

Been very good. Have stuck to plan no urges to derail never been hungry except for my first week and when I scheduled an off plan week for my birthday - 6 stone lost and in a size 12. However this week I have suddenly wanted to eat I feel hungry. When I say wanted I mean it felt like a NEED to eat.

My health is good - I do 20 mins of hard core yoga a day (6 days a week) Ariel silks once a week and gymnastics twice. Up to a month ago I was doing Bikram 3 times a week. Drinking my water like a demon :D

Now I am getting close to my target weight I am wondering if my body is telling me I have to up my calories? and maybe this is why i have been feeling hungry?

Wobbling about cooking up some scrambled eggs with cheese/bacon and onion as thats what I am craving (not carbs oddly enough)

Any thoughts?

Many thanks :)

Congratulations on loosing 6 stone! That's amazing!

How much have you got left to loose?

Maybe it's time to go up to step two if you are near the end?

Wow, great loss. I would take it as a hint to go up a stage. Generally I would say you need it with that level of exercise but then you have been doing it all along so that doesn't explain why you are hungry all of a sudden.

Be careful though your scrambled eggs with cheese and bacon, while it sounds divine and has no carbs, the cheese and bacon probably aren't the best diet foods as high in fat. Sorry to be a party pooper. How about a mushroom omelette..... that said, if scrambled eggs with cheese and bacon keeps you from going more off the rails and that is what you need today do it. After 6 months you deserve it.

Wow you have done brilliantly, what a fantastic loss - you must be so proud of yourself

Are you still doing SS? - You must be pretty close to the BMI of 25 + a stone where we should step up to step 2, so this might be why you are feeling that way - or it could be just this weekend - I know a couple of us are feeling fed up with it and we haven't been going nearly as long as you!

Like Chlo said - avoid the bacon and cheese - maybe choose something from step 2 or even 3 so you are still on plan?

Good luck whatever you do!!

Hi Guys,

Thank you for the replies.

Thought I would update :)

Spoke to my lady and she agrees I am close to the BMI 25 + Stone and that's maybe why suddenly I have lost the zen like feeling I had where food is concerned. Still have the last few pounds to shift though* and being this close to the end is making it ridiculously hard! I seem to have turned into a ravening beast who just wants to eat - not unlike the first few weeks of getting into it where its seemed so hard.

Its a bit of a sea change and its knocked me of my perch a bit.

I am not ready to go up a step from SS as all along I have only lost a pound or two a week at the most (I really struggle to lose - all through i have been totally dedicated & no cheating - only came off plan once and that was a pre agreed planned event) If i go up without hitting my target i will never get there !

I need a will power infusion - stat!

*(I should mention I would love to get slightly below my target weight as in two weeks I am off on holiday. this event has been planned for some years and will have ALOT of eating involved (America) so I will be having carbs and wheat after ages without)

Last edited:
I don't know if you're still having this dilemma but you might find that your weight losses actually improve if you go up to step 2! I know of a lot of people who have plateaued towards their goal weight and moving up plans has kick started their losses. Might be worth a try if you're still struggling.

Back