6 stone to loose. Is slimming world the answer?

It is, isn't it. I'd happily pay 5 pounds a week to be an online member but unfortunately you have to pay three months in advance don't you and I can't afford it in one hit. I used to go to class, but I've put on five stone since then and I'm not going back until I've lost at least four! Also the groups are free once you get to target, they're not online...

Ryvita isn't free although I'm not sure what they are, 1 1/2 each maybe?

Can't wait for you to start proper!!

Here to follow. I have lots to lose to....we can do this.

It's 15syns max per day. I saw earlia up you said it was 10. So you go to meeting, online membership? Or doing it free from home?

Here to follow. I have lots to lose to....we can do this.

It's 15syns max per day. I saw earlia up you said it was 10. So you go to meeting, online membership? Or doing it free from home?

Hi Sarah, I'm biting the bullet and joining my local meeting on Monday. I bought some books from ebay the year before last and tried doing it myself from home but I felt I was just making up my own rules etc.
What about u? Are u joining a meeting?

Yeah the online membership can be tricky if you don't have the money to pay up front. To be honest, I got a deal where they were doing free joining (instead of £19.95) and I got the 3 month bronze membership (no books or magazine subscription as I already subscribe to the magazine on my ipad) for £44.95. Once you get past the initial 3 months, you can choose to pay month-by-month at £20 per month. Look out for offers that are on because they can result in a good deal, particularly if they're combined with free joining. The big thing for me is being able to check the app for syn values in the supermarket - if it's too many, I don't buy it! I also like the motivational emails and things and recipes. I never know week to week what my schedule will be like, so it's easier than a set group for me. Just ask if you need syn values though, I'm happy to help :)

Yeah the online membership can be tricky if you don't have the money to pay up front. To be honest, I got a deal where they were doing free joining (instead of £19.95) and I got the 3 month bronze membership (no books or magazine subscription as I already subscribe to the magazine on my ipad) for £44.95. Once you get past the initial 3 months, you can choose to pay month-by-month at £20 per month. Look out for offers that are on because they can result in a good deal, particularly if they're combined with free joining. The big thing for me is being able to check the app for syn values in the supermarket - if it's too many, I don't buy it! I also like the motivational emails and things and recipes. I never know week to week what my schedule will be like, so it's easier than a set group for me. Just ask if you need syn values though, I'm happy to help :)

Oh rite, I didnt realise u needed tonpay up front for a few months. I need to do it tho cos I have tried doing it myself and I've just been making up my own rules. The app sounds brilliant tho and just what I need.
Thanks @HondaGirl for the info. I cant wait until Monday x

Urggghhh so today I went into town to buy a light cotton smart blazer type thing for saturday night. Couldnt find anywhere. And I guess when I say anywhere I mean the 3 shops that do above a size 18. Of course if I was a size 12 I could pick one in an array of colours. Its days like this that remind me that I actually hate being fat. Maybe I'll write a list of all the things I hate about being fat. Then I can revisit them in a few months and see if I feel any better about them.

* cant buy clothes in high st shops
* I live in leggings day and night
* there are no pics of me and my daughter :(
* back fat (you know where ur bra strap is)
* my calves. I hate them this actually shluld have been at the top. They are huge and I cant get boots to zip up past my ankles. I have a pair of brown leather boots ( bought online of course) in a eee fit for calves and they dont fit. WTF. My feet btw are not abnormally wide they are normal. And of course I cant be arsed to send them back so they will fit me this winter......watch this space.

There was one more thing but I cant remember. Oh probably that I'll be going out saturday night dressed up and having to wear a bloody parka. Tho we had snow here earlier so perhaps not such a bad thing but I fear I'll look silly with sandals and a parka on o_Oo_O

they will fit me this winter......watch this space.

That's the spirit. I have a pair of bastard jeans that have never fitted, even though they're supposedly an 18. Couldn't get them past my thighs last week and now they're almost on me bum... I shall attempt them every week until they fit without a muffin top - watch this space too!

That's the spirit. I have a pair of bastard jeans that have never fitted, even though they're supposedly an 18. Couldn't get them past my thighs last week and now they're almost on me bum... I shall attempt them every week until they fit without a muffin top - watch this space too!

Wow amazing. Well done u. Its been a while since a size 18 went anywhere near me. I was quite happy in a size 18 so I was. I'm hoping to be out my 22s and into 18s for my daughters 1st bday xx

Hello all, would you mind if I hopped on your thread for a bit of support? I just joined a class on Tuesday and couldn't believe I came in at just under 17st, think I've been kidding myself tbh! Hey ho, I've started now and I feel very motivated to lose almost 6 stone too :eek:

I joined earlier in the year and didn't bother doing if. I signed up online and got free magazine subscription/printed books. So I have all the information in book form and ibook on my iPhone. Going to see how it goes. The only reason I'd need to join is for the syns calculator on the app. No local meetings my end.

Hello all, would you mind if I hopped on your thread for a bit of support? I just joined a class on Tuesday and couldn't believe I came in at just under 17st, think I've been kidding myself tbh! Hey ho, I've started now and I feel very motivated to lose almost 6 stone too :eek:

Of course. The more the merrier. I'm dreading my 1st weigh on Monday. Until Monday I'm munching like I'll never eat again. I have a hen night tomorrow so I plan to get embarrassigly drunk :)

Do u have a diary we can all teek a peek at?

Morning :) just popping along to say hi! As soon as you've got that first week out the way and you've had a loss you'll be super motivated. Don't be nervous, it might Minot be as bad as you think in the scales and it will be the last time you see a number that high (that's what I told myself anyway haha!)

Hey hondagirl. Suffering big time today. Drank waaayyyyy to much last night but had a blast so was worth it. Sooooo looking forward to tomorrow and starting properly. Tho I've ran out of absolutely everything. Getting a food shop tomorrow between 10-12 so no idea what I plan to have for breakfast.
I'll update tomorrow with my proper start weight. Hope ur doing well...I must check out ur diary xx

So today didnt quite go as planned. Wasnt the worst day ever. I ran out of almost everything so had no cereal or anything. Had a banana at breakfast. Then went to a local cafe for lunch (greasy spoon) had a panini with tuna mayo came with salad and a spoonful of coleslaw and like a mountain of chips. I ate some but not all. Then had my dinner which was salmon veg and rice so not bad at all but had half an empire biscuit as my little girl made it at nursery :)

I also didnt join at class. I'll try again following with books etc. I have lost weight before without going to class and now I have less cash than ever before as I have ro pay a full time nursery fee for my girl so I just dont have the cash to join and go every week. Plus I overspent on my night out on Saturday.

But tomorrow I plan

Cereal for breakfast
Salad for lunch ( already made and syn free)
Dinner will be ckn in tomato past which will also be free.
I'll snack on fruit and a muller light yogurt.

So I guess that tomorrow looks like a syn free day so far :)

Hi! Shame you couldn't make group, but like you say, nursery fees are astronomical aren't they. :(

You'll have to promise to log weigh-in's on here though, there's a few of us watching out for you now... I put on weight again because I thought 'oh well, no one will know, I'll make an extra effort next week' which of course I never did, otherwise I wouldn't be here again.

Yes, I'm nagging LOL

Hey, yeah I'm fine thanks. Sounds like a challenging weekend for you! I agree with @X88B88 that you should still weigh in on here as this is your support group regardless of whether you go to group or not. That's why we're on here so that we are accountable to someone. I know it helps me to know that at the end of each day, I have to check in to let others know how I've done. Hopefully it will help you too!

Yes absolutely. I thought about doing the online thing but then thats what I'm here for I'll just not really know the syn value of things. Never mind.

Plus I had a flat like 10yrs ago and had virgin media in there. Ive since moved like twice and got a letter from a debt agency saying I owe them £50 so thats another crappy thing I need to pay.

I know @X88B88 its another mortgage payment. After I pay them and other things I have like £300 left and out of that I have £70 travel a month. So really cant afford weigh groups and classes which sucks.

This mornings weight was 17stone 11.75
So not actually as bad as I thought.

I am actually hungry right now tho and I know I have a belvita breakfast biscuit in my desk drawer that is calling my name.....but I shall refuse temptation......I hope.

Hope everyone else is doing ok. I'll catch up on ur diaries later on - better go do some work x

Back