6 stone to loose. Is slimming world the answer?

Hi all, had a fairly good week except for being so desperate for something chocolate related that I had to stop myself going to the shop! Lost 4.5lbs at weigh in last night so I'm pretty pleased with that :)

Also not sure if those of you not going to group know, my consultant said that if you weigh 16st+ you get more syns, so mine are actually 18 syns :) have a good week and weigh ins!

hi everyone,
hope its ok to join in on here.
could really do with some friends right now.
i'd love to loose 7 stone (im 18 stone) im 5ft6.

a bit of my background... ive always been up and down with my weight from about the age of 15. at my best weighloss i lost 3 stone but always put it back on.
anyway before christmas i had been doing ok losing on slimming world, was getting happy, having a little bit more confidence etc etc.
i found out a week before xmas my partner of 8 years has been cheating for 6 months, ive since been told i was suffering from emotional and mental abuse but i wasnt and still arent aware, i have 1 friend and thats it,so ive moved out got myself a house and am trying to move on after falling deep into depression. ive now put all that i lost on plus more hence the now 18 stone.

so, last tuesday i restarted (im having to do it from home as i now cant afford group) was gutted to have only lost 1lb when i weighed myself on tuesday. i know id not done it 100% but it still hasnt given me the kick up the butt i needed.

anyway sorry it wasnt as short as i thought, hoping i can make friends and people dont mind me being here xx

Hey @tangerine12, you've not been on for a couple of days, how is it all going? I know you're so busy with work and your little'un, but just wondered if everything was okay?

Hey x88b88. Everything is fine thanks. Sorry I havent been on I just cant seem to find the time. I'm at work now so cant stay on for too long. My lg started crawling so I she no longer sits at peace so I have little time to just let her play and just jump on here.

So I weighed myself today and stayed the same. I'm not too disappointed cos I dont think I tried hard enough. I will this week tho I promise.

How r u getting on?

Hi all, had a fairly good week except for being so desperate for something chocolate related that I had to stop myself going to the shop! Lost 4.5lbs at weigh in last night so I'm pretty pleased with that :)

Also not sure if those of you not going to group know, my consultant said that if you weigh 16st+ you get more syns, so mine are actually 18 syns :) have a good week and weigh ins!

Thats amazing leedsvgn. Well done. You must be so pleased x

hi everyone,
hope its ok to join in on here.
could really do with some friends right now.
i'd love to loose 7 stone (im 18 stone) im 5ft6.

a bit of my background... ive always been up and down with my weight from about the age of 15. at my best weighloss i lost 3 stone but always put it back on.
anyway before christmas i had been doing ok losing on slimming world, was getting happy, having a little bit more confidence etc etc.
i found out a week before xmas my partner of 8 years has been cheating for 6 months, ive since been told i was suffering from emotional and mental abuse but i wasnt and still arent aware, i have 1 friend and thats it,so ive moved out got myself a house and am trying to move on after falling deep into depression. ive now put all that i lost on plus more hence the now 18 stone.

so, last tuesday i restarted (im having to do it from home as i now cant afford group) was gutted to have only lost 1lb when i weighed myself on tuesday. i know id not done it 100% but it still hasnt given me the kick up the butt i needed.

anyway sorry it wasnt as short as i thought, hoping i can make friends and people dont mind me being here xx

Hi, of course ur welcome here. Theres quite a few of us starting at the same weight and quite a few trying to do it from home. I struggled first week from homemind. I feel like I just make it up as I go along lol.

I'll be back later for more of an update I'm at work now so dont want to get caught.

Chat soon xx

I'd love to join ye. I joined Sw last Thursday. I'm heaviest I've ever been at 16st 10. I'd love to loses 6st too but anything would be great. Got to 13 a few years ago so still have all the lovely clothes mocking me. Weigh I. Thursday night so here's hoping. I am being really good and I'm not really using my syns. Is this bad? I'm a devil for rubbish and I'm afraid it will be all or nothing with me.

So today I have had

Breakfast: overnight oats with 35g oats and a muller light.
I didnt like them - the oats tasted quite powdery i never ate them all so I'll have the rest tomorrow

Lunch: was a tesco finest chicken and pepper salad which was lovely then I had an apple and strawberry fruit pot from tesco and then a bag of ready salted crisps which is 9 syns

Dinner: is beef stroganoff. I only need to count the sour cream so if anyone knows how many syns in this that would be great.

Drank 1.5 litres of water so far and half a 500ml bottle of pepsi max. I feel so much better drinking the water instead of pepsi max all day long.

Hope all u lovely ladies are getting on good.

Its hard in this lovely weather not to have an ice cream or a cider....even if it is a Monday lol!

I had an aldi version of a twister it was 49 cals so 2.5 syns and so worth it, its warm in sunny Norfolk today :) xxxxx

Lovely weather? It's been pissing down all day here in Devon! :mad:

Glad to see you're okay and still on track! :D

Aw shame. Its glorious up here. My day off is friday tho and its to be nice all week except friday grrrr. I'm sure this weather will reach u soon enough xx

Just catching up. Been really busy and havnt been online much. Looks like your in the swing of things. I'm finding this 2nd week easier. Are you?

Sour cream is 2 syns per tbsp. :) If it's any consolation it's tipping it down here now, the summer was nice while it lasted haha!

@tangerine12 I'm also finding that I feel so much better drinking mostly water (sometimes low-cal squash) rather than diet pepsi all the time. From time to time, I do 'wean' myself off of the fizzy stuff as I think it's actually an addiction for me! I find my tummy behaves a lot better without it, too. Glad you are doing OK - just got to keep on keeping on!

Hi, I hope you are enjoying your Slimming World journey. I'm here to sub!

My starting weight was 17 stone and 10 lbs and I lost almost 4 stone in 4 months last year just by sticking to the Slimming World plan (with the occasional slip up). Alas, since then I stopped going to the group and ate al of things that I shouldn't so I have gained all but 1 stone and 10 lbs back on. I rejoined on Saturday and can't wait to get back to feeling like I did last summer.

Stick with the SW principals of having lots of speedy veg with your meals, and plan plan plan! The weight will soon come off.

Good luck!x

Just about to have my lunch and wondering is all chicken free? Even the dark meat? I've all the skin taken off. Cheers

As far as I know as long as all the skin is off all the chicken meat is free xxxx

Just catching up. Been really busy and havnt been online much. Looks like your in the swing of things. I'm finding this 2nd week easier. Are you?

So far this week sarah things have been a bit easier. I'm really feeling quite good as well. Maybe its the lovely weather or perhaps all that junk isnt bringing me down. My mood and everythingis better :)
Hope ur well. Will try and catch up with ur diary soon x

@tangerine12 I'm also finding that I feel so much better drinking mostly water (sometimes low-cal squash) rather than diet pepsi all the time. From time to time, I do 'wean' myself off of the fizzy stuff as I think it's actually an addiction for me! I find my tummy behaves a lot better without it, too. Glad you are doing OK - just got to keep on keeping on!

Thanks Hondagirl. Same today as well. Feeling much less gassy. I gave it up a while back only drinking water for 3 whole weeks then went back to my old ways. Think I'll restrict fizzy juice to lunch and dinner and water throughout the day :) hope ur getting on well this week. Will try and catxh up on ur diary quite soon xx

Back