6 week challenge

Well I did pretty well this week, I lost 3.8lb! :D I also realised earlier in the week that I had lost 1lb last week, and should have added it, but I decided to wait until today since I'd be updating the scores anyway. So...

Dan8317 - 14lbs (lost 0lbs)
nikki299 - 14lbs (lost 0lbs)
Hules - 10lbs (lost 1lbs)
Razzle Dazzle - 10lbs (lost 0 lbs)
Sarah -14lb (lost 0lbs)
Rosebud - 14lbs (lost 0lbs)
Lorny - 10lbs (lost 4.8lbs)
the_last_time - 10lbs (lost 4lbs)

Good luck everyone else weighing this week!

Lost a pound - phew! Thanks goodness for that!

Hules - 10lbs (lost 2lbs)
Sarah -14lb (lost 0lbs)
Rosebud - 14lbs (lost 0lbs)

Right, week 3, bring it on!

3.8 is fabby hun! Well done lady xx

Well done! A loss is a loss; so long as it's going in the right direction it's good news! Week three, we can do this!!!

Lost 3lbs in just over a week. It's been difficult and haven't had any time to check in and see how everyone else is getting on. But happy with my progress.

3lbs that's brilliant, well done :)

I've updated it if that's ok?!

Sarah -14lb (lost 0lbs)
Rosebud - 14lbs (lost 3lbs)

Well done rosebud hun. 3 is brill!

3lbs is wicked! Keep it up!

Hey peeps,

Struggling again :'( got a lot going on at the moment so turning to food which is not the answer I know but doesn't seem to register when I'm eating it!

On the plus side had a sts this week so I'm happy with that as it could of been a lot worse. Laptop is broke so if anyone is updating will you please add my 6lb loss from last week as can't copy and paste from my phone.

How's everyone else getting on?

Dan x

Dan8317 - 14lbs (lost 6lbs)
Sarah -14lb (lost 0lbs)
Rosebud - 14lbs (lost 3lbs)

There you go hun! Sorry to hear you are struggling, I am too, but I just keep plodding along. At least I'm on here, if I didn't have the support is definitely have totally lost it by now.

Could we help? Want to talk about what you're eating? X x here for you x

Last edited:
HULES! i see ur on the old system i have a question why is the foods one more points? before the pp plan started cottage pie use to be 3 points and the cheesecakes deserts use to be 5 poiints for the two but they r now calculating to extra points do u know why this is? does anyone know how the discover plan works and if its good?

Well the Pro Points (PP) system takes in to account more than just the calories and the saturated fat, which is how the old system (Discover) works; it works out the fibre and all that too, which is to help people make better choices, hence why all fruit and vegetables on PP are 0pp, whereas on Discover, they range from 0.5-1pt. The points haven't 'gone up' as such, the whole diet has changed, so the daily points have changed too in light of this; no one is 'losing' points cuz the Pro Points appear higher in value, they just need to use the right points system for them. Does that make sense?

As for whether it's good, I lost six stone on it before, and many other people have lost a lot and are maintaining on the diet. It just depends on whether you can get your hands on the relevant gumpf to help you, such as old points calculators, discover plan points/eating out guides... It's harder to come across that stuff as it isn't the diet anymore, but I personally think it's worth the extra effort, as I couldn't get on with the PP plan at all.

Hi Claire and welcome to the discover board. I think Lorny has pretty much covered everything, give us a shout if want to know anything else :) For me it was mostly the fact that I had lost weight on the old system before and know it works and can remember lots of the info and points. I really struggled to learn knew points values and didn't really get on with it either. I guess it depends if you need the support of a class or not?!

Hey peeps,

Struggling again :'( got a lot going on at the moment so turning to food which is not the answer I know but doesn't seem to register when I'm eating it!

On the plus side had a sts this week so I'm happy with that as it could of been a lot worse. Laptop is broke so if anyone is updating will you please add my 6lb loss from last week as can't copy and paste from my phone.

How's everyone else getting on?

Dan x

Sorry to hear you're struggling but 6lbs in 2 weeks us still a great achievement...if you say in two weeks you can ignore the sts! Sts are always good though, especially if you're off plan :)

HULES! i see ur on the old system i have a question why is the foods one more points? before the pp plan started cottage pie use to be 3 points and the cheesecakes deserts use to be 5 poiints for the two but they r now calculating to extra points do u know why this is? does anyone know how the discover plan works and if its good?

Also you have less points & no weeklies on discover, so 18p was the minimum points whereas its 26pp & your weeklies. I started years ago so have done both. I was following the plan when pp was introduced so I just went with the flow...personally I prefer it but have found both very very effective....providing I stick to it & track everything ;)

I found weeklies to be too tempting. I would rather save up a couple points a day for a treat, rather than have main points and 40 points I hadn't earned!

Yes but the theory is the 26pp is equivalent to 14p on the old plan, so instead of saving up your own dailies they just give you a weekly allowance, I think it's all relatively the same...I used to have 3/4 14p days & use 12/16 extra in one hit :D

Ohhh, I see! Now I know. I don't know how I couldn't do well on it then! Perhaps it was cuz I knew the old points so well.

The switch was hard at first but because I was in group for the transition it was a bit easier as no one knew what was going on!! Now I think I'd struggle on points, remembering it all, apart from a decent portion of carbs was 3 & now it's 6....boo!!!

Back