7 Months to a new me! Bring it on!

londongirl12 said:
Good thinking...just one question if I tip the sachet into a mug and add hot water and stir does it come out alright? I've been using that shaker thing for my soup too. Wish I had got some chocolate ones to make hot choc now, I don't like cold chocolate milkshake. I know I'm weird!.
Good luck and best wishes CC xx

Have to admit that i haven't had any soups yet so can't advise on those Im afraid. I wonder if one of those mini coffee/hot chocolate whizzers would do the trick-the little battery operated ones? Maybe that, mixed with the suggestion of using a drop of cold water to mix might work?

Day 3 was a little hellish in parts, mainly because after a 12 hour shift I just want something carby to soothe my soul. However I managed to stick 100% to SS!!
I usually get a blt sandwich from M&S or something over priced from Pret a bleedin manger for my lunch and for some reason yesterday I forgot I was on Cambridge and I thought it's ok you feel a bit sick but you'll have your sandwich soon! No, No No. I had soup instead.
Hope this gets easier!

Good luck everyone xx

londongirl12 said:
Day 3 was a little hellish in parts, mainly because after a 12 hour shift I just want something carby to soothe my soul. However I managed to stick 100% to SS!!
I usually get a blt sandwich from M&S or something over priced from Pret a bleedin manger for my lunch and for some reason yesterday I forgot I was on Cambridge and I thought it's ok you feel a bit sick but you'll have your sandwich soon! No, No No. I had soup instead.
Hope this gets easier!
Good luck everyone xx

Well done getting through day three!!! X

If you fancy a hot chocolate then poor a small amount of the chocolate tetra into a mug then top up with hot water - its makes a lovely hot chocolate and I can usually get about 3 mugs from one tetra :)

Good luck - you seem to be doing well so far!

yes, well done on getting through Day 3, it was by far the worst one for me, I'm on day 5 now and the hunger has well and truly gone, i even had a cheeky jump on the scales this morning, and was grinning because of what was staring back at me! also I'm no fan of the porridge either, so I'm just on shakes and am having no problem with it, going to try blending one with ice today and see how that turns out. x

You're past day 3 - yay! You should start to feel a bit less hungry in the next couple of days. However, that doesn't mean you won't want food - I learned that even when I wasn't really hungry I still wanted to eat, usually when I was bored or wanted a distraction or was watching TV or just cause the food was available (the list is endless). It made me aware of how much my eating was on auto-pilot without my really paying attention to it.

Way to go!

tizzy51 said:
You're past day 3 - yay! You should start to feel a bit less hungry in the next couple of days. However, that doesn't mean you won't want food - I learned that even when I wasn't really hungry I still wanted to eat, usually when I was bored or wanted a distraction or was watching TV or just cause the food was available (the list is endless). It made me aware of how much my eating was on auto-pilot without my really paying attention to it.

Way to go!

I completely agree tizzy! I think i found yesterday so difficult because we were mostly at home and normally that would mean grazing or baking with the boys so all i could think of was food. Never mind-its a new day today and I've started it with the dreaded porridge. Apple and cinnamon. Nice taste but is it meant to have lumps in it? I whisked it like a manic but they still remained. Errgh! Well done everyone-just think all that money saved on over priced sandwichs can in towards a skinny wardrobe. X

Aawww thanks for all your lovely replies. Well day 4 is nearly done and it's been a bit tough again. I have been at work and had a shake for breakfast and divided the soup in two to have over my 2 breaks. I couldn't eat all the soup as it wasn't very nice but nevermind. I have just seen my Mum and I started crying haha! Not sure why but I am ok now. I've just felt a bit weak today. I've kept up drinking the water so that's good. Also weirdly I got back off holiday 2 weeks ago and my fave jeans no longer fitted me! Yet I wore them to work today so something must be working :)
Foo Fan I shall make sure I get some of the tetra's this week so I can try and make hot choc, cheers for the tip ;)

Porridge for dinner for me tonight... kill me kill me now!

Good luck and best wishes everyone! We can do this
CC xx

Yolande I must confess to having read several of your posts a few weeks ago and found them beyond inspirational! Thanks for the reassurance with regards to SS. I am looking forward to being able to try the bars in a few weeks! Until then it's soup/shakes and the not so delightful porridge!
Fingers crossed I can do as well as you have
:)
May your success continue
Best wishes CC xx

Aw thanks makes me feel good knowing i can inspire others just like people inspire me on here i always say if it werent for minimins i dont think i cud of done this the support is unbelievable. Oh the bars are my everything now i love them and cant go a day without one its like my daily treat ha ha ha yeah i have not even attempted the porridge dont like ordinary porridge so highly doubt i wud off liked their type you will get to know what ja love and what ja hate over the weeks and then just stick to the things ja love and you will do great =D Good on ja for getting thru day 4 already for me i found it a bit tough till day 5 then from day 6 it just felt easier and now its like a way of life, you are doing great and about the crying to your mom im the same i find myslef very emotional at times for no reason what so ever the most stupid thing can make me cry lol keep it up.

londongirl12 said:
Aawww thanks for all your lovely replies. Well day 4 is nearly done and it's been a bit tough again. I have been at work and had a shake for breakfast and divided the soup in two to have over my 2 breaks. I couldn't eat all the soup as it wasn't very nice but nevermind. I have just seen my Mum and I started crying haha! Not sure why but I am ok now. I've just felt a bit weak today. I've kept up drinking the water so that's good. Also weirdly I got back off holiday 2 weeks ago and my fave jeans no longer fitted me! Yet I wore them to work today so something must be working :)
Foo Fan I shall make sure I get some of the tetra's this week so I can try and make hot choc, cheers for the tip ;)

Porridge for dinner for me tonight... kill me kill me now!

Good luck and best wishes everyone! We can do this
CC xx

Hi Londongirl and well done for getting through another day and another porridge! Most of all, well done for getting into those jeans-you are obviously well on the way. Keep going everyone-together we can do it like. . .even with those evil porridges! ;) x

Funny I just had the apple and cinnamon porridge for breakfast and ... as you said, taste is ok, but the texture!!! I added hot water a few times as it kept getting really thick and hard to swallow. Great that you got into your jeans! :)

I found that if i blended the porridge before i microwaved it (and put in some extra water) then it was really nice, hated it the first time i tried but i hadn't blended it lol x

tizzy51 said:
Funny I just had the apple and cinnamon porridge for breakfast and ... as you said, taste is ok, but the texture!!! I added hot water a few times as it kept getting really thick and hard to swallow. Great that you got into your jeans! :)

So glad that it is not just my cooking skills with the porridge! I shall endeavour to get it right-i will not be beaten by that pesky porridge! X

I'm not sure there's much to be done with the porridge - I have it from time to time because a hot, filling breakfast is nice. It really is too bad the consistency isn't better. Hope you've enjoyed the rest of the day!

Right here is my moan of the day... I hate the milkshakes, I hate the porridge and I can only just about swallow some of the soups I ordered. Therefore I keep not eating all of my sachets as I just can't swallow them. I know you're not meant to have the bars till week 3 but I may have to ask if I can have them a week early as otherwise I'm not sure what to do!!! Hope everyone else is doing good.
Day 5 is nearly over and I am hungry but that is because I have barely had anything today.

Good Luck and Best wishes CC xx

Have you tried any of the tetra's???

Rkmriddell said:
I found that if i blended the porridge before i microwaved it (and put in some extra water) then it was really nice, hated it the first time i tried but i hadn't blended it lol x

Ooooooo what a good idea might try that I hate the consistency and have still got 4 left :( was getting really worried about just having portidges on one day hahahahaha x

Hello hun I am on day 4 and have around 5 stone to lose on SS hope you keep going I am loving reading your diary. Hope you have good week when Is ya weigh in mine is Friday
Luv Sharon.x

No Yolande I think I may order some this week. Is it the chocolate tetra that can be made into hot chocolate do you know? xx

Hello hun I am on day 4 and have around 5 stone to lose on SS hope you keep going I am loving reading your diary. Hope you have good week when Is ya weigh in mine is Friday
Luv Sharon.x

Oh thanks Sharon, how are you finding it? My weigh in is on Thursday morning xx

Back