7 Months to a new me! Bring it on!

londongirl12 said:
Oh thanks Sharon, how are you finding it? My weigh in is on Thursday morning xx

Mine is Friday morning I am dong ok thanks bit of a bad day :( emotionally wise lol but getting through it had lovely bath :) xxx

Mine is Friday morning I am dong ok thanks bit of a bad day :( emotionally wise lol but getting through it had lovely bath :) xxx

Aaww I had a bit of an emotional day yesterday, a nice long bath always makes me feel better :) xx

Oh i defo reccomend you try them they all i like and the bars and yeah the choc one can be made into a hotchoc if ja want.. you can also freeze them to make them like ice cream ( i have them just as they are tho and i really enjoy them) so its a worth a try to maybe get them and see if ja get on better with them.. nothing worse than having to force yourself to eat something you find yukkie =)

londongirl12 said:
No Yolande I think I may order some this week. Is it the chocolate tetra that can be made into hot chocolate do you know? xx

I make the powder one into hot choc. It's lovely x

Oh i defo reccomend you try them they all i like and the bars and yeah the choc one can be made into a hotchoc if ja want.. you can also freeze them to make them like ice cream ( i have them just as they are tho and i really enjoy them) so its a worth a try to maybe get them and see if ja get on better with them.. nothing worse than having to force yourself to eat something you find yukkie =)

Yeah I think I am going to ask my CDC for some this week and hoping she lets me have the bars a week earlier then we are meant to have them as I think I will find it a bit easier with them :) xx

Don't give up entirely on the shakes, soups, etc. I have found that some things I didn't like the first couple of weeks, I now like or at least find acceptable. For example, I really didn't like the tomato soup, but now it's one of my favourites. Also, because the products provide all your nutrition, perhaps it might help to think of them as medecine that you just have to get down to get better (aka lose weight).

Hang in there and good luck with the tetras. If you get the bars, just be aware that they are more caloric (shakes/soups/porridge are approx 150c; bars are approx 220c), higher in carbs and you will need to drink more water to digest them.

Good luck!

Don't give up entirely on the shakes, soups, etc. I have found that some things I didn't like the first couple of weeks, I now like or at least find acceptable. For example, I really didn't like the tomato soup, but now it's one of my favourites. Also, because the products provide all your nutrition, perhaps it might help to think of them as medecine that you just have to get down to get better (aka lose weight).

Hang in there and good luck with the tetras. If you get the bars, just be aware that they are more caloric (shakes/soups/porridge are approx 150c; bars are approx 220c), higher in carbs and you will need to drink more water to digest them.

Good luck!

Thanks for the tip Tizzy but I am finding it really hard to stomach the soups and shakes not sure what to do! xx

Day 6 nearly over and I really don't know what to do. I made porridge this morning before work at 7am and couldn't eat it all because I hate it. I took soup to work and again didn't eat it because the thought of eating it made me sick. I am now at home forcing it down me. So from 6:30 am till 7:30 pm I had basically only had 3 litres of water and 3 cups of green tea. I felt like I was going to faint on the train on the way home my legs went all funny and my head went dizzy :cry:
I can't continue like this... I have barely ate a thing this week which isn't healthy at all. I am considering switching to Slimming World but I know it will be a much slower weight loss :cry:

Somebody please give me some advice

xx CC

londongirl12 said:
Day 6 nearly over and I really don't know what to do. I made porridge this morning before work at 7am and couldn't eat it all because I hate it. I took soup to work and again didn't eat it because the thought of eating it made me sick. I am now at home forcing it down me. So from 6:30 am till 7:30 pm I had basically only had 3 litres of water and 3 cups of green tea. I felt like I was going to faint on the train on the way home my legs went all funny and my head went dizzy :cry:
I can't continue like this... I have barely ate a thing this week which isn't healthy at all. I am considering switching to Slimming World but I know it will be a much slower weight loss :cry:

Somebody please give me some advice

xx CC

Speak to your consultant hun. Try the tetras and the bars x

Agree - speak to your CDC and she can perhaps swop out some of what you've already bought for some other things. If you really, really can't stand CD, then perhaps Atkins would work? CD gives you all your nutrients in the packages, and I hear that Atkins also has shakes and bars which taste different than CD.

The important thing is to find something you can stick with and lose with. What you're doing now is starving yourself, without getting hardly any nutrition and that isn't going to work.

Don't give up on finding the right combination of products and/or diet....your health is too important for that. Good luck!

I make mine using more liquid than is recommended and then I find them palatable - and more filling! I also bizarrely only have mine mixed with hot water as I feel the cold - so I have hot chocolate, hot cappucino and if I have a vanilla I mix in some decaff coffee to make a latte. The porridge I just mix again with just boiled water and make it really quite liquid. dont know if any of this helps but it may be worth a try? hope you find a solution that works for you. Good luck.

Well my first week is over. The good news is I lost 10lbs... the bad news is I am giving up Cambridge!

I just don't think for me personally it is healthy as I just couldn't swallow any of the products and as such have basically starved myself this week and survived on green tea and water which resulted in me nearly fainting in quite a dodgy part of south London this week. As a former binge eater to have to survive a diet where I need to eat nothing at all as the taste and texture of the products made me gag was never going to work long term really.

Thankfully I am still in 'the zone' as it were and so feel positive about continuing with my weight loss. For the next week on or so I am going to stick to a mainly high protein diet and probably next week I may join Slimming World just to keep me in check.

I would like to add that I think the Cambridge Plan is fantastic if you're able to get on with the products. For me sticking to 3 meal replacement produts a day is actually very do-able, it's just the particular products available didn't agree with me. Saying that I think anyone that can stay on the plan long term deserves a bleeding medal and a pat on the back ;)

Anyway thanks for all the lovely messages of support during my first week. I will continue to use this site as I think it is fantastic alas I will probably be in another forum as I am no longer doing Cambridge.

Good luck and best wishes to you all. You can do it!

CC

xx

Well done and good luck in whatever you decide to do - there are other shake replacement diets, lighter life, slim and save you could try. Or you could follow atkins which also works on ketosis, or exante. Either way, i wish you well x

Well my first week is over. The good news is I lost 10lbs... the bad news is I am giving up Cambridge!

I just don't think for me personally it is healthy as I just couldn't swallow any of the products and as such have basically starved myself this week and survived on green tea and water which resulted in me nearly fainting in quite a dodgy part of south London this week. As a former binge eater to have to survive a diet where I need to eat nothing at all as the taste and texture of the products made me gag was never going to work long term really.

Thankfully I am still in 'the zone' as it were and so feel positive about continuing with my weight loss. For the next week on or so I am going to stick to a mainly high protein diet and probably next week I may join Slimming World just to keep me in check.

I would like to add that I think the Cambridge Plan is fantastic if you're able to get on with the products. For me sticking to 3 meal replacement produts a day is actually very do-able, it's just the particular products available didn't agree with me. Saying that I think anyone that can stay on the plan long term deserves a bleeding medal and a pat on the back ;)

Anyway thanks for all the lovely messages of support during my first week. I will continue to use this site as I think it is fantastic alas I will probably be in another forum as I am no longer doing Cambridge.

Good luck and best wishes to you all. You can do it!

CC

xx

Glad you're still in the zone and will be continuing a weight loss plan. Good luck!!!

Back