7 Months to a new me! Bring it on!

londongirl12

Tomorrow morning I will begin CD and hopefully it will be the start of a big transformation for me.
I have a LOT to loose, about 7 stone! But this time I am absolutely determined. Can't believe how I have got to this weight but I think it is actually easier to put on quite a bit of weight then some try to make out.

Anyway I am 30 (sob sob) I have an ok job, great friends, lots of nice clothes which I no longer fit in to and a supportive family. My weight has gone up and down over the last 10 years, probably the smallest I have managed to get down to is a small 14- not sure how much I weighed at this point? But I do know I felt great!

Alas like many on here I comfort eat and when relationships have ended or work or studying has got too stressfull I have turnt to food, bread being my fave!
I have noticed in the last year which has brought a lot of changes to my life, mainly positive but stressful all the same I have began to binge eat. As such I reckon my best bet is to avoid all food for a little while. I realise this doesn't sound healthy at all but I think a meal replacement plan is best for me at the moment.

Last few months I have been away a lot and had lots of social things so have waited for everything to calm down a bit so I can do this properly with no interuptions!

So tomorrow I start and am therefore grazing away tonight finishing everything in the fridge!
I am feeling excited, nervous, anxious and everything in between. I have decided to tell my friends that I am simply cutting out the booze for 6 months as I find when I mention I am on any type of diet they seem to insist on trying to get me to cheat... little sods! I have only told my Mum and my Sister who both think I am brave haha!

I really HAVE to do this, I am miserable the way I am and my confidence has rocketed and as shallow as it sounds I really, really love clothes, not just in a Topshopy/Asos kind of way, I love design and fabric and everything and I want to be able to wear what I love.

I have been reading over a few diary entries on here for the last few weeks and they really are inspirational. Any support or advice would be great
:)

I just have 2 questions:
1) My mum has got me some glucose tablets as she said they will help if I feel faint during long shifts at work, anyone know if these will ruin the plan and weight loss?
2) I know there can be issues with bad breath etc.. on any diet, if I buy sugar free polos will this mess up my plan?

Sorry for the extra long post, the rest will be shorter. I will be updating this with moaning, rants and weigh in results from now on.

Good Luck everyone
CC xx ;)

Hi and good luck!

You definitely don't want glucose tablets, the main things you need to avoid are carbs incl. sugar. If you struggle and need something to keep going, the best thing to have is protein, chicken or eggs.

londongirl12 said:
Tomorrow morning I will begin CD and hopefully it will be the start of a big transformation for me.
I have a LOT to loose, about 7 stone! But this time I am absolutely determined. Can't believe how I have got to this weight but I think it is actually easier to put on quite a bit of weight then some try to make out.

Anyway I am 30 (sob sob) I have an ok job, great friends, lots of nice clothes which I no longer fit in to and a supportive family. My weight has gone up and down over the last 10 years, probably the smallest I have managed to get down to is a small 14- not sure how much I weighed at this point? But I do know I felt great!

Alas like many on here I comfort eat and when relationships have ended or work or studying has got too stressfull I have turnt to food, bread being my fave!
I have noticed in the last year which has brought a lot of changes to my life, mainly positive but stressful all the same I have began to binge eat. As such I reckon my best bet is to avoid all food for a little while. I realise this doesn't sound healthy at all but I think a meal replacement plan is best for me at the moment.

Last few months I have been away a lot and had lots of social things so have waited for everything to calm down a bit so I can do this properly with no interuptions!

So tomorrow I start and am therefore grazing away tonight finishing everything in the fridge!
I am feeling excited, nervous, anxious and everything in between. I have decided to tell my friends that I am simply cutting out the booze for 6 months as I find when I mention I am on any type of diet they seem to insist on trying to get me to cheat... little sods! I have only told my Mum and my Sister who both think I am brave haha!

I really HAVE to do this, I am miserable the way I am and my confidence has rocketed and as shallow as it sounds I really, really love clothes, not just in a Topshopy/Asos kind of way, I love design and fabric and everything and I want to be able to wear what I love.

I have been reading over a few diary entries on here for the last few weeks and they really are inspirational. Any support or advice would be great :)

I just have 2 questions:
1) My mum has got me some glucose tablets as she said they will help if I feel faint during long shifts at work, anyone know if these will ruin the plan and weight loss?
2) I know there can be issues with bad breath etc.. on any diet, if I buy sugar free polos will this mess up my plan?

Sorry for the extra long post, the rest will be shorter. I will be updating this with moaning, rants and weigh in results from now on.

Good Luck everyone
CC xx ;)

Hi

I'm restarting on sat. You can't have the mints or chewing gum! Good look! I also love clothes! X

Thanks for replying...

Well I'm on day 1 and woke up late as went to bed late last night. Just attempted to eat the porridge for a very late breakfast and I must admit I think it is vile! Oh dear God I have another 6 sachets of the stuff to get thru this week. Anyone have any tips to make the porridge more bearable ?! Day off work today so I am going to spring clean my flat from top to bottom with the help of gorgeous Amy Winehouse playing in the background.

I won't bother with the glucose tablets or mints then... I'm downing evian like it's going out of fashion.

Good luck everyone xxx

a lot of people hate the porridge! if you can get to your CDC they should let you swap sachets for something else if you really need to.

you might find you start to like it after a bit as it's the nearest to real food available...

Yeah my CDC seems really sweet and said she's happy for me to swap anything I don't like but to be honest I am just going to try and grin and bear it ;)
I usually like porridge so hopefully I will get used to it.

Day 1 is just about done...get in!
My evaluation of my first day is basically: The porridge is rank, shake is do-able and the soup (chicken and mushroom) was actually pretty nice.
I have been weeing like a race horse even though I have only managed to drink 2litres of water today.
Overall I feel alright, had a bath, pyjamas on, cup of tea and bed time. Oh the excitement! xx

londongirl12 said:
Day 1 is just about done...get in!
My evaluation of my first day is basically: The porridge is rank, shake is do-able and the soup (chicken and mushroom) was actually pretty nice.
I have been weeing like a race horse even though I have only managed to drink 2litres of water today.
Overall I feel alright, had a bath, pyjamas on, cup of tea and bed time. Oh the excitement! xx

Ah, a fellow porridge hater! Im on day 3 and had my first maple and pecan porridge yesterday-good lord it was terrible, but i battled on and swallowed it down. Won't be getting any more though! My favorite tip so far has been putting ice in the blender with the shakes-yum! Like you i haven't told my friends what i am doing-just have my husbands support and of course people on this fab forum! Sadly-i too am already tucked up in bed. Completely knackered and yes, also Peeing like a racehorse! Good luck! X

As you get further into CD and ketosis you may find yourself being cold a lot (it's a ketosis side effect, like the bad breath). Although I don't care for the porridge either (to me it is very similar to the glue paste we used as kids to make paper mache models), I have that or soup as an option when I really want a hot meal. Shakes with ice in the blender are great (at least some flavours) and for when you need something hot, you can always warm them up. Heating the choc/choc mint shakes is like having cocoa - very nice.

Oh - and a tip I learned from someone here - add a dash of cinnamon to the porridge. It doesn't change the texture, but for me it makes the taste bearable.

Good luck!

Aaww thanks for the replys demonp and tizzy51 :D

I woke up really late again today, good job I'm not working but saying that I do have lots of work to do for uni!!
So far I feel ok, a little bit achey like I am getting a cold, but just going to keep drinking the water.

Little bit worried as I am working 9-9 tomorrow and as I don't want anyone at work to know I'm on this bleedin' diet I am going to have to plan my day well.

I will have to get a little blender to blend the shakes properly with ice, I've just used that shaker thing.
Next week if I was just to order 2 lots of soups and 1 lot of shakes for every day, would that affect my weight loss?

I just don't want to mess up my plan because of that evil porridge although I will try some cinnamon - thanks tizzy!

Anyway I better attempt to eat some of that tasty glue-like stuff now.

Bring on day 2

Good luck everyone!

xx

My CDC said Sugar free mints or gum is fine in moderation :) and good luck on your journey! x

My CDC said Sugar free mints or gum is fine in moderation :) and good luck on your journey! x

Oh cheers for this info!!
My job involves talking to a lot of posh-artsy people all day long and the thought of my mouth drying out and that breath issue makes me want to cry a little bit.
Good luck to you too! xx:)

tizzy51 said:
As you get further into CD and ketosis you may find yourself being cold a lot (it's a ketosis side effect, like the bad breath). Although I don't care for the porridge either (to me it is very similar to the glue paste we used as kids to make paper mache models), I have that or soup as an option when I really want a hot meal. Shakes with ice in the blender are great (at least some flavours) and for when you need something hot, you can always warm them up. Heating the choc/choc mint shakes is like having cocoa - very nice.

Oh - and a tip I learned from someone here - add a dash of cinnamon to the porridge. It doesn't change the texture, but for me it makes the taste bearable.

Good luck!

Top tips there! Interesting to hear about the feeling cold to as i haven't been able to get warm for the last 2 days. Ill take it as a good sign. Have lost my voice today-don't suppose that's a sign of good weight lose is it!? ? ? ;)I've not tried any of the soups yet but will definitely get some next time- any recommendations on flavours or those to avoid? Keep going everyone-our beautiful slim bodies are in there just waiting to be revealed-mine is just currently hiding! X

Day 2 almost done. Today I had the apple and whatever it is porridge for a late breakfast, which I have to say is ok. I will remember to just order that flavour next week. Had a vanilla shake for lunch which was sweet but ok and vegetable soup for dinner which was again alright.
I'm being a bit naughty because my consultant has actually put me on stage 2 due to my sickenly high bmi and weight, she said I am just over what I can be to start on SS stage 1. But I have decided to just stick to SS mainly because I think I just about can and also because I am very skint lately and having forked out nearly £50 for my packets and extra bits I don't really want to have to go and buy chicken breast and prawns and all that- as tempting as they sound tonight!

Bit worried about working from 9-9 tomorrow and having to make my shakes or soup up at work as I'm trying to keep all this on the downlow. Hey hoe those nosey little gits at work will just have to keep guessing won't they!

Good luck everyone xx

Hey hun, i started on ss straight away and my bmi was higher than yours so should be fine for you to just stay on ss. I dont like the soups or the porridge so i only have tetras and bars might seem boring having the same things but i really like them so it works for me =D Wishing ja the best of luck on your journey and hey when i started i had 9 stone to lose which seemed like it would take forever but im already over half way there its unbelievable how quick time goes and how fast the weight falls off =D

londongirl12 said:
Day 2 almost done. Today I had the apple and whatever it is porridge for a late breakfast, which I have to say is ok. I will remember to just order that flavour next week. Had a vanilla shake for lunch which was sweet but ok and vegetable soup for dinner which was again alright.
I'm being a bit naughty because my consultant has actually put me on stage 2 due to my sickenly high bmi and weight, she said I am just over what I can be to start on SS stage 1. But I have decided to just stick to SS mainly because I think I just about can and also because I am very skint lately and having forked out nearly £50 for my packets and extra bits I don't really want to have to go and buy chicken breast and prawns and all that- as tempting as they sound tonight!

Bit worried about working from 9-9 tomorrow and having to make my shakes or soup up at work as I'm trying to keep all this on the downlow. Hey hoe those nosey little gits at work will just have to keep guessing won't they!

Good luck everyone xx

Hi. Know what you mean-Im keeping quiet from people at work too-not always easy. Why don't you empty the soup powder into a sandwich bag then they won't know what it is. If they ask, just say that you have a bumper pack of cup a soup at home which you are rationing off. i just had my hot chocolate shake- delicious-!Good luck and stay strong.x

I use the soup at work - it is not unusual for people to have soup from packages so CD is just another kind. Everyone has their favourite flavours and oddly enough they change from time to time, so keep experimenting - it'll also keep you from getting bored. My favourite soup is tomato after I learned to make it properly (mix thoroughly with a little cold water at first and keep stirring/whisking as you pour in the hot water - makes it nice and smooth, no lumps). Mmmm! Some days I also find the vanilla shake sweet/too sweet - when that happens I add a shot of espresso or some coffee powder. Have been considering trying cocoa powder one day as well, but haven't done so yet (and it is probably NOT on CD :p).

Tonight I tried making a chocolate mousse for the 2nd time (first time was terrible - runny, lumpy, gloopy); am happy to report it worked and was quite nice. And so, another texture is added. Woo hoo! :)

Hey hun, i started on ss straight away and my bmi was higher than yours so should be fine for you to just stay on ss. I dont like the soups or the porridge so i only have tetras and bars might seem boring having the same things but i really like them so it works for me =D Wishing ja the best of luck on your journey and hey when i started i had 9 stone to lose which seemed like it would take forever but im already over half way there its unbelievable how quick time goes and how fast the weight falls off =D
Yolande I must confess to having read several of your posts a few weeks ago and found them beyond inspirational! Thanks for the reassurance with regards to SS. I am looking forward to being able to try the bars in a few weeks! Until then it's soup/shakes and the not so delightful porridge!
Fingers crossed I can do as well as you have
:)
May your success continue
Best wishes CC xx

Hi. Know what you mean-Im keeping quiet from people at work too-not always easy. Why don't you empty the soup powder into a sandwich bag then they won't know what it is. If they ask, just say that you have a bumper pack of cup a soup at home which you are rationing off. i just had my hot chocolate shake- delicious-!Good luck and stay strong.x

Good thinking...just one question if I tip the sachet into a mug and add hot water and stir does it come out alright? I've been using that shaker thing for my soup too. Wish I had got some chocolate ones to make hot choc now, I don't like cold chocolate milkshake. I know I'm weird!.
Good luck and best wishes CC xx

I use the soup at work - it is not unusual for people to have soup from packages so CD is just another kind. Everyone has their favourite flavours and oddly enough they change from time to time, so keep experimenting - it'll also keep you from getting bored. My favourite soup is tomato after I learned to make it properly (mix thoroughly with a little cold water at first and keep stirring/whisking as you pour in the hot water - makes it nice and smooth, no lumps). Mmmm! Some days I also find the vanilla shake sweet/too sweet - when that happens I add a shot of espresso or some coffee powder. Have been considering trying cocoa powder one day as well, but haven't done so yet (and it is probably NOT on CD :p).

Tonight I tried making a chocolate mousse for the 2nd time (first time was terrible - runny, lumpy, gloopy); am happy to report it worked and was quite nice. And so, another texture is added. Woo hoo! :)

Aaaww cheers for the tips tizzy, this forum is fantastic! Certainly keeping me going and I feel really positive :)
Good luck and best wishes CC xx

Back