7 week plan in new mag

I know someone who has done the 7 day plan before and said it was expensive. I can understand how that might be as you're not planning your menu around what's on offer or in your cupboard, potentially have to but lots of new ingredients if yu don't already have them

Well said Circes, I think SW should take a bit more of a practicle real world approach to their plans, and keep the cost down more. I have only followed the plans a couple of times because of the cost issue and find I can do my own menus for 1/2 the price. In saying that, they are brilliant for ideas and look so delicious you cann't help but be tempted by some of the dishes, so I do do some of the meals but just cann't afford the whole weeks worth.

I looked at the Pasanda recipe to see why it might not have turned out ok for evethewitch, but it's not the sort of thing I would make - HATE curry!!

But one odd thing about it - it says to soften the chopped onion and cinnamon stick in a pan sprayed with Frylight. Huh?? Soften a cinnamon stick? I don't think so!!

When I use a whole cinnamon stick I pop it in then remove it when the dish is cooked, rinse it, dry it and use it again. You can't eat it.

it never tasted of curry i never used cinnamon stick used a cinnamon spice when i use a jar the whole fam love it strange cant wait to see if anyone else makes it and has a diff opinon than mine the jar has 11.5 syns for a quarter jar just a bit to many syns:confused: thabks for having a look anyway;)

Im still waiting for my copy to be sent cause I do it online, keep looking at it in tesco and putting it back thinking dont be stupid it will be here soon lol think im obsessed!!! I might try the seven day plan also and see how I get on:)

I made the Eton Mess featured in the calendar last night and my husband loved it (he isn't going to Slimming World but eats whatever I make for dinners). I've made a few other things from the magazines and all have been a success. I haven't done a plan, though.

Some of the recipes in the magazine (and calendar too!) look really great!

Going to try a couple this week so I'll let you all know how I get on. :)

The mag is out every two months.

I have to say that if you've been a member for a while then you start to notice the same recipes coming up time and again, so I don't buy it every month. Also there is a huge recipe resource on the web, many of which can be made SW friendly.

I made the carrot and corainder soup, it tastes delish but looks like vomit, I dont have a hand blender so wizzed it in a normal blender and its gone a bit like baby food now :(

The potato bake is sooooooo yummy too, proper winter warmer mmmmmm!!!!

x

The roast broc and cauli dish is absolutely delish, I put garlic on mine and can't wait to have it again

Back