790 and Quorn Sausages

SoonToBeGorgeous

Loving the Cambridge Diet
Got another idea -

Delighted to find that we can have Quorn sausages!

Have a look at the website www.quorn.co.uk

The lowest carb Quorn sausages are only 3.3g of carb per sausage, the bramley apple are 4.3g of carb, etc.

Apparently we can have SIX of the plain Quorn Sausages, or THREE of the lamb variety.

Just think, sausage and mushrooms, just a pity we can't have the onion aswell!

Had a brainwave - we could use some of a Vegetable Soup pack as a 'gravy'!! That would be delicious!

STBG I could kiss you! I love Quorn Sausages and was wondering if it would be OK to have them (I'm thinking of doing 790 at weekends) I love em with large flat mushrooms grilled - yum!

*Rushes in *

Did someone say quorn sausages??? LOVE THEM!! AND LOVE YOU FOR FINDING THAT OUT!!!! And 6?! :eek: A proper little sausage fest will be happening at my house this weekend :D:D:D:D

And what's with the mushroom thing?? Perhaps I can't read, but the yellow book doesn't mention mushrooms ..... or does it??

do the quorn sausages taste of anything or do you need to add herbs etc? i had some tofu the other day and it was most peculiar!:D

Hey JJJ

Quorn can be a bit dry and bland so I tend to cook mine with herbs or a sauce of sorts. Thinking I may make sausage casserole with some veg bouillion and my veg on the side!! They are quite substantial though so you do feel like you have eaten something!!

You are allowed mushrooms on aam and 790 - apparently they just keep forgetting to put this in the yellow book when it is reprinted.

I may have to nip out later for some of the plain sausages :p:p

Thats a good idea about the bouillion Dobbie - i think i'll try that! x

I didnt realise we could have quorn sausages, will be giving them a go at the weekend, will make a change from my usual chicken.

I have just had the stuffed mushrooms for lunch. Mixed half the cottage cheese allowance with half of the tuna allowance. Added a tiny bit of mustard powder and some pepper. Piled it into the mushrooms and baked until they were browned on the top. Served it with some iceberg lettuce with a drizzle of Kraft Italian Fat-free dressing. Yummy, yummy, yummy!!

We could have three sausages with one quarter of the quantities of the tuna and cottage cheese, done the same way - the combo would be gorgeous!

Hey JJJ

Quorn can be a bit dry and bland so I tend to cook mine with herbs or a sauce of sorts. Thinking I may make sausage casserole with some veg bouillion and my veg on the side!! They are quite substantial though so you do feel like you have eaten something!!

I always cook my usual Quorn in Marigold Bouillon as it adds flavour! :)

Stop it!!! You are making me drool all over my desk!!! Now I'm torn between sausage casserole and tuna bake for dinner .... decisions, decisions ...... SS is sooo much easier!! There are no options LOL!!

Droooooooooool, little old me is still ss ing, but its nice to know for 790, thanks all.
What about the soups pack as a sauce, have heard of people using that before.

Does anyone know the Qty we can have of mushrooms on 790??

Yes you can have some of a soup pack as a 'gravy'

Mushrooms have no carbs, so basically I have what I want!!

No way!!! My god - you have made me the happiest girl today. I can eat my fave food and still lose weight!! Yay! Vx

PMSL!!! We're off to watch the rugga tomorrow night at my mums - she's cooking hot dogs for everyone else. So I am saving my quorn sausages for tomorrow night - but no roll ;). Just the thought of them is making me drool!!

Enjoy your lunch STBG - tell us all about it when you are through !!!

Yummy, yummy, yummy!!

I had the Quorn Cumberland Sausages - three of them, with green cabbage, mushrooms and pickled cabbage (since I can't have chutney!), with a touch of gravy made with a tiny bit of Marigold Bouillon.

They are lovely!! A little anaemic-looking, maybe, but very tasty! I did enjoy them!

The other three I will have at teatime just to nibble on!

Back