790 thread

Hi everyone

I look forward to joining you all very soon. I have another 5lbs to go and then my CDC has suggested i move up to 790 from ss as i'll be bmi 25.

Really enjoyed my aam week so cant wait to get going on the 790!

Will be interested to see how your losses go over the next few weeks.

I was under the impression that at 25bmi you should be on 1000 ~ not starting 790. My CDC and others have said that when you reach a 26bmi you should AAM then 790 into 25bmi.

Perhaps a CDC on here could clarify this ?

Hi all!

Well, I'm now a convert to 790 too...

Did my restart first week of SS last week, and yep did it ok no food probs, lost 8lbs - yay! - but have decided for longevity and for me to succeed 100% at this then I think 790 is the way to go...

Have done 790 now for 2 days and am amazed at the difference psychologically for me...

Lee, like you said in an earlier post, I've been keeping 'working hours' - til 6pm for the diet, then afterwards is kind of normality, with a lovely dinner of chicken and veg, followed by a supper of a choc pack split into a hot drink (with coffee mmmm) and the other half making a muffin or pudding...

I think my mind is welcoming this change - my moods and emotions ran haywire last week and left me reeling a little as I have always turned to food for support, with the help of this website and a few tears and now the 790 plan, I feel 200% more confident at being able to carry on with this long-term and survive physically and mentally lol!

Thanks for this thread... it's nice to look at other people doing 790 and still see good losses - Lee yours are amazing!

Here's to us all doing so well in the future!! xx

tinks x

Hi Tinks,

I completely agree with you, I got back onto sole source 3 weeks ago and managed to get through 2 weeks quite well, but psychologically it was getting me down and I felt I had nothing to look forward to foodwise. I didn't like the soups which didn't help me, as I always tend to prefer savoury stuff, so it was hard to live on milkshakes and mousses all the time :)

I started on 790 on Monday and I felt like a weight had been lifted, I now wake up every morning knowing that I have a meal to look forward to :)

Had tuna steaks tonight which was regrettable as I didnt' really like them, but previous to that I've had chicken salad and haddock with veg which was lovely :) I've also had quorn sausages last night, which I think I wasn't suppose to have and it did seem to slow down my weight loss some what as I was up by 1/2 lb today, but I figure its no big deal, I'll just stick to the fish and chicken from now on :)))

For me this feels so much more achievable long term :) If I can lose 3.5lb a week that would suit me great as that works out to a stone a month! I'm getting weighed early this week (Sunday morning instead of Monday evening) but I think I'm already 2lb off (despite the hiccup) so I'm hoping for another 1.5lb in the next 36 hours :))) Fingers crossed! :)))

Take care

Laura
xxxx

I just realised we both had about the same starting BMI!! :) Would be great to keep in touch, I have tried many times to lose this weight over the past 10 years or so, (I'm 33) and this time has to be my last time, I just can't be overweight any more, I feel like I HAVE TO DO IT!! :))) and need all the support I can get :)))

Take care

Laura
x

Hows all our 790ers doing today, Im fine, had a choc tetra for breakfast, just had a soup, diiner is chicken and lettuce!

Im off to the pics tonight, and Ive stuck a tetra in the freezer and Im going to take a spoon with me so I have choc icecream to eat when Im there!!!

Having a hungry day, probably because I don't have work to take my mind off things. I normally don't eat anything until around 3pm, but today I had my bar at 11am, and I've just eaten my dinner as couldn't wait any more! I had stir fried mushrooms and chicken (dry fried) and covered in black pepper seasoning (which I hope your allowed as I couldn't find any info on it) along with lettuce, cucumber, celery and a dash of fat free french dressing :) Went down a treat! :) I'll be having my choc mint mousse a little later :))) Take care, Laura x

oh i didn't know that domino - i'll have to check it out. Thanks for the info

x

Phew- I'm back. Weekends are so hectic for me - in fact life in general is mad at the moment!!

790 is fine and I havent a clue if i've lost weight as my scales have blown up!! Have decided to just use my CDCs now and to stop obsessing about it.

Today has been. Peanut bar for brekkie, choc tetra for lunch. chicken breast and salad leaves for tea and a strawberry shake for dessert. I am struggling with my water though. I just feel too full to drink more than 2 litres. I know this will affect my weight loss though so am going to try and do better. x

HI..

I started 790 today, after doing 7 days on ss and missed my food too much..
Anyway,
Before i started 790 i rang my cdc just for some advice, and she said i can swop the 1/2 pint skimmed milk for 100g of reduced fat cottage cheese,

( ive asked for confirmation that this is ok on here but only got one reply and i was making tea at the time)
so today ive had:
choc tetra for lunch,
175g chicken breast and 3 mushrooms
(made a kabab)
100g reduced fat cottage cheese
butterscotch moose for pud
& and cd bar for supper.. oh and the water:tear_drop::tear_drop:

Have i stayed within my 790 guidelines ??

:sign0144: to 790 so any advice would be good..

Personally I would avoid adding the cottage cheese, as long as you drink plenty of water you shouldn't feel hungry and for me I want the minimum amount of time on the diet. A few portions of cottage cheese on a regular basis could add weeks on to your diet.

I am sure if you were allowed to add cottage cheese it would say so in the booklet.

Remember the diet isn't all about calories, the food intake is finely balanced to keep you in ketosis.

Morning 790'ers - how's your Monday?

Had a good weekend, took a chicken salad in a bag (saddo!) to dinner at the in laws and survived my m-i-l's interrogation and dire warnings I needed to stop losing weight (dur, with half a lard mountain still on me, I don't think sooo) and have lost 3 lb this week.

Just had a bar and my coffee and raring to start another 790 week!

Well I'm definately raring to go!! Had a great week last week and would have lost 5 lbs!! Go me! Only yesterday I let myself down a little. In my defence, we went out for the whole day and so I decided to try the 'eating out' option and see how I went :) Ended up with a chicken salad at lunch time with a very small amount of chicken, and then went for an indian last night, so had the chicken tikka and salad. But couldn't resist a little nibble on a poppadum and did go a bit wild with the old mango chutney and mint sauce thing, so this morning I'm 2lb up! Oh dear! :-(

Still I'm not worried, I'm back to normality now, so I'm glugging the water and getting ready for my quorn and cabbage lunch :)) I'm sure I'll knock those 2lbs off again really quickly! Haven't done a ketosis check yet, but will do very soon, if I knocked myself out of it then hopefully I should be able to get back into it today!

Only problem is I have a holiday coming up in two weeks for a week at butlins with the kids, so that will be a bit of a test, but as we are self catering, I'm just going to try and avoid meals out and buy food in :))

Wish me luck!

Laura
x

Morning all!!

Weigh in tomorrow for me and hopefully I will have lost something. Ive been very good this past week to make up for the previous week which was a total disaster, nibbling for four days and gained 2.5lbs ... argh!! So Im hoping to have lost that and a little more this week, soon find out tomorrow?

I love my spiced chicken with watercress and a dollop of cottage cheese, I am alternating my days with that and tinned tuna with cucumber. The water is going great too, I have about 3 litres a day now, Ive tried drinking more but I end up feeling quite bloated?

Completely fell out of the good zone the week before so Im glad to be back on track and heading to a slimmer me again.

Have a good day all!!!

Made it to 6 pm without mishap and almost time for the ol' quorn cottage pie (mashed cauli on top, before it starts sounding too exciting ;))

So hope we're all feeling strong and over blips ... I've had a couple of those lately, too ... oh god, mango chutney!! ... I can relate! ... drawing a line under them and getting back on track takes more discipline on 790 somehow...

Hey, at least we get back on the wagon, eh?

wishing everyone a good evening :)

Good luck with your WI Missymoo! Let us know!

Just wondering, do you grill the mashed up cauli?? so it browns? Might give this a try myself :)

Managed to get through the day okay, just checked if I'm still in ketosis and I'm not, so I guess those few nibbles on the poppadum and mango chutney did more harm than I thought :-( No idea how long it will take me to get back into ketosis, but I'm hoping not long! Oh bugger, I was doing so well!!!

Ah well, I reckon if I can just get through the next 24/48 hours I should be fine again :)))))

Wish me luck!

Laura
x

I cooked the cottage pie for about 20 minutes in the oven, then, yep, turned the grill on. It did go quite crispy and not a bad substitute for cottage pie topping! (use loads of seasoning, though, or it's pretty bland. I chop up mushrooms and runner beans and use those with the quorn mince with a bit of stock.)

Awww, you'll be back in K by this time tomorrow, I bet - keep glugging the water and flushing it through! Let us know when you're back in!

Thinking now I'd better check K myself - I hd a teaspoon of jam in the middle of the night :eek:

Thanks Bagpuss, I'll definately give that a go :) I'm well into my seasonings, so I'll be using loads! :)))

By the way I love bagpuss, my favourite show when I was a kid :) Well that and Fraggle Rock! But you just can't beat Bagpuss :))

I'll be checking my ketosis again before I go to bed and no doubt again when I wake up and then every few hours until I'm back in the pink!!! I'm glugging water as I type ;-)

I'll let you know when I'm there!

Take care

Laura
x

hello 790-ers xxxx

just did my first week on CD doing 790 and lost just under 8lb so im well chuffed. i may well carry on doing 790 after this week as im happy with that loss!!! if so then i will be popping in here quite a bit for ideas and motivation, if u'll have me lol

xxxx

Hello :)
I'm on day one 790 today. Had a break for my wedding but determined to finish the job :)

Hope everyone is doing ok

K xx

Back