790 thread

Hi All, I had another 2lb loss yesterday, so all is well in 790 world, only 1lb to go till goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that cottage pie sounds yum, may try it x

Vicky - 1lb is a good trip to the loo !

Well done on reaching your goal.

Just back from official fortnightly WI and lost 6lb, so dead pleased. Had a toffee bar to celebrate! Still 6 lb from goal...
Laura, has the K fairy visited you yet?

Vicky, let us know when you lose the last 1lb! Wohoo!

What's everyone having for dinner tonight? I need some ideas...

Hello all 790ers

Well done on the 6lb loss bagpuss that fab!! I got weighed lastnight and have lost 4lbs so I am very pleased. I need to buy some smaller clothes ideally as mine are starting to hang off but Im waiting till the end of the month for pay day (well other halfs pay day, lol) so I can get a couple of bits to keep me going till I drop another size.

Tonight for dinner I will be having spiced chicken (chilli and herbs sprinkled over it wrapped in foil and popped in the oven for 15mins) with watercress and a dollop of cottage cheese. Hot choc drink for pudding with a couple of nibbles of my cranberry bar.

Hope you all have a good day!!

Chicken cooked for 15 mins - is that long enough ?

I frazzle mine in the oven for ages !

Yep 15 mins, I buy the really flat/thin chicken fillet strips, I dont have the thicker breasts so these dont take long at all to cook.

Yep 15 mins, I buy the really flat/thin chicken fillet strips, I dont have the thicker breasts so these dont take long at all to cook.

I am sure there is a joke there somewhere :p

lol ... just read it back.

Hello all! Took me a while to find the 790 thread! :)

Well it took me 48 hours to get back into ketosis and my weight loss has been slow slow slow, I went from losing a 1lb a day over 4 days, then got out of ketosis via my blip and in the last 5 days I've put back on 2lbs and now lost 3 lbs, so overall in 5lbs I've lost a 1lb! Bit disheartening but I'm going to pick myself up and start again!

Just did my ketosis stick and found I'm NOT IN KETOSIS AGAIN!!!! It was driving me mad trying to work why, as I've been sticking to the plan so well, but then realised that I only very rarely have a cup of tea with skimmed milk (probably every 3 days or so) and today my mother in law made me a cup and more than likely used the semi skimmed milk in the fridge (as every else has that!) and forgot to use my skimmed milk :-((( That is the only think I can think of! So I'm really hoping it won't take me another 48 hours to get back in ketosis, I'll keep you posted on that one!

I have a holiday coming up in a week to Butlins, but I am not going to eat (other than my 790 plan stuff). I know its a holiday, but it just isn't worth getting out of ketosis again, I was doing so well and I just want to get back to where I was and I will do!

Read some of icemooses blog tonight for a bit of inspiration which always helps :))

So I'm fired up again and although I still have seen that 13 stone mark pop up on the scales, I'm hoping that I will in the next day or two. I've been 14 stone for the past 2 days now, but one thing I can tell you is that this bloody fat is not going to beat me! However hard it tries!! I'm going to win the war this time ;-)

I'll keep you posted and let me how you are all getting on :)

Take care

Laura
x

Well done Laura !

i lost 5lbs on my first week of 790 which is great! I am definitely sticking with this plan!

I admit I am having more than 3 tablespoons of veg though. I am strict on the protein but cant seem to control the veg! I'm also chewing rather alot of chewing gum but I figure if it stops me from cheating with bics, choc or anything similar then it has to be the lesser of two evils!

xx

JodieJoJo - for me anything to keep the diet going.

As long as you stay in ketosis and the weight loss isn't affected go for it.

I usually have around 1/2 a plate full of lettuce and don't scrimp on the dressings either.

I've ordered some ketostix leehal as I've no idea whether i'm in ketosis from one day to the next!

Congratulations on your loss so far btw - you've done fab

xx

Thanks, you should be able to tell - hunger will be the key.

I am freezing most of the time, so I know I am in the 'zone' - got the heating on today.

Off to the match later and thinking of putting my thermals on !

I don't seem to suffer with being cold, but then I've always been really hot blooded, so I suppose if anything I don't get as hot as I use to!! :) I always have half a plate of salad stuff or veg as well, can't be dealing with measuring :) How much harm can it really do! :)

I'm testing tonight though, as I've been using a very small amount of onion in my chicken and mushroom stir fries and I'm wondering if that has affected my ketosis. I'm steering clear of the tea for today so if I end up out of ketosis again I'll know it was the onion and not the tea :)

It really is trial and error! :)

I'll be doing another stick tonight to check and I'll let you know how I get on! :)

Leehal, you were saying you get bored of the lettuce, do you like any veg, cauli? broc? runner beans? cabbage? I've found if I add a load of vinegar to the veg it makes it a bit less bland and I'm actually enjoying my veg now more than ever! I can actually taste it! I use to just have so much thick gravy on my plate that I never use to really be able to taste the veg!! :))

Also I have one of these cheese and brocolli soups which I didn't like as a soup and I'm wondering if I could make it into a sauce to go over my veg, has anyone tried this, do you just make it up the same as you would a soup or can you make it thicker??

Let me know

Laura
x

I've just done my ketostick and I am just in the pink, and I have been downing the water quite a bit tonight, so maybe that is why its more the faded pink than normally, but definately pink so it looks like I survived the onions :)))

Laura
x

Just thought i would bump this thread up as its all gone very quiet? I hope everyone is getting on ok and the pounds are still flying off!!

I think we have lost Lee from this thread now though seeing as he's moved up the plans now he is nearing goal (well done Lee)!!

Ooo glad this has been bumped up :)

I'm still doing good. I forgot I had some ketosis stix upstairs & have tested & I'm in the pink++ :)

Will keep looking in and offering advice if needed.

Back