7lb in 4 weeks is that normal?

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by Cherryade, 28 October 2009 Social URL.

1. Cherryade

Cherryade Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5.3lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6.7lb(11.88%)
    Diet:
    Atkins / Low Carb
    Ive dropped a dress size but my weight has only reduced by half a stone in 4 weeks. IM delighted as my clothes fit better and it doesnt feel like Im on a diet, so am well pleased with half a stone - but should it be more?

Ive seen signatures on here with people loosing that in a week!

Am I going wrong? or are me and Jane just slow losers? (that sounds bad Jane you know what I mean LOL! Ive seen you post up about 1lb losses etc lol)

x

Last edited: 28 October 2009
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    I lost about 2lb a week during induction, but I did have stalls along the way, 7lbs in 4 weeks sounds fine to me Cherry.

4. Cherryade

Cherryade Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5.3lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6.7lb(11.88%)
    Diet:
    Atkins / Low Carb
    Thanks Jim. Im so much happier in myself and I feel slimmer and clothes are looser or now to big - that were tight 4 weeks ago :)

Im trying not to get hung up on lb and just stick to eating sensibly :) x

5. EmmaMum

EmmaMum Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(16.67%)
    Diet:
    Rosemary Conley
    Cherry it took me 5 weeks to loose that and I was gutted cos it seemed so slow and I have much more then you to loose. But on everyones advice I have given up cheese and lost 3lb since saturday and I am over the moon

xx

6. Cherryade

Cherryade Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5.3lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6.7lb(11.88%)
    Diet:
    Atkins / Low Carb
    BONUS! Thanks Em top tip! I do eat lots of cheese ....

7. morenachica

morenachica Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(28.24%)
    Cherry measure yourself.. losing inches is losing weight.. I lost a lot of inches also... 7 lbs in 4 weeks is okay and you may have a week where you will lose 4 or 5 pounds. In the end it all balances out.. but don't forget the inches.. we wear our clothes by inches not weight.. my friend is 150 pounds and wears a size 8 because she is mostly muscle and have smaller inches..

8. Jane-D

Jane-D Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(18.39%)
    Diet:
    Atkins/low carb
    Yes I lost 6lb in my first week but it has been mainly 1lb a week since, however I am happy that it is coming off whether it is slow or not.....I am also within the healthy BMI range so I expected mine to be slow right now....I do wish I could guarantee 2lb a week but it just doesn't happen regularly........

Losing a whole dress size is fab cherryade, like everyone else says inchloss is way better than weight loss.... Good luck Jx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.