8.5 stone to go - bit daunting but possible!!

I know exactly what you mean each time I've gained the pressure I put on myself is intense-so I'm stopping that too-no more feeling guilty if I live a little-that's my plan anyway!

That really does sound so much like me-minus the takeaway every week but that's more financial lol I still pack it away! I just think it can't be healthy, fasting and bingeing so hoping my new approach pays off :)

To be honest my first few months was the same, I couldn't have a proper treat without having more and more, I'm learning to control it but doesn't always work :/. I also stopped buying mug shots and mullerlights-i know they're 'free' but I think that's only the case if I had some suprefree things with it which I never did of course, just had 3-4 in a row and craved more-but that could just be my greed lol.

I didn't even realise people needed different numbers of syns-that's interesting and really obvious now you've written it-something to think sbout-i don't feel I can use all mine either but trying to spend the next few months changing my mindset ready for reaching that target (I hope I do!)

Sorry for the long reply-lil miss is asleep, I love Mondays and Tuesdays free time ha

Good luck for your wi tomorrow too x

I know exactly what you mean each time I've gained the pressure I put on myself is intense-so I'm stopping that too-no more feeling guilty if I live a little-that's my plan anyway!

That really does sound so much like me-minus the takeaway every week but that's more financial lol I still pack it away! I just think it can't be healthy, fasting and bingeing so hoping my new approach pays off :)

To be honest my first few months was the same, I couldn't have a proper treat without having more and more, I'm learning to control it but doesn't always work :/. I also stopped buying mug shots and mullerlights-i know they're 'free' but I think that's only the case if I had some suprefree things with it which I never did of course, just had 3-4 in a row and craved more-but that could just be my greed lol.

I didn't even realise people needed different numbers of syns-that's interesting and really obvious now you've written it-something to think sbout-i don't feel I can use all mine either but trying to spend the next few months changing my mindset ready for reaching that target (I hope I do!)

Sorry for the long reply-lil miss is asleep, I love Mondays and Tuesdays free time ha

Good luck for your wi tomorrow too x

Yeh good luck to u hun
How far u got t go until target xxx

Yeh good luck to u hun
How far u got t go until target xxx

Just over 6 stone left (better than the original nearly 12 I keep telling myself lol!) so I have a way to go yet just really want to get there-yesterday would have been good :) how far have you got to reach yours? x

Right now the boys have left I have a bit of peace lol bless them!
On a normal day I stick to ee, like you I love my pasta and meat and couldn't imagine going without them lol. Plus because they're meals I really enjoy it really doesn't feel like I'm missing out. Of course there's always the days when I overindulge, depending how bad I may rein it in and have a couple sp days but am much less grumpy on ee.
I struggle with the word 'unlimited' with certain foods like pasta-as someone who can eat it by the mixing bowl full (ashamed to say I have on many a previous occasion before starting here) to give the impression you can eat as much as you want at first glance is a bit mean. Tho I think it all comes down to interpretation of the plan-for me I absolutely limit the amount of pasta etc I have as I think that half the plate needs to be s or p foods so depending what veg I have I will adjust my portion accordingly (ie: if I have sweetcorn I'll have less carbs). People say to me that my portions must be small or isn't it great that you can have such massive portions-for me no it's not lol having massive portions was my biggest problem but I certainly don't have a small tea and am always pleasantly full. I think it helps because I precook and portion off for the freezer that helps me be more sensible with how much I have as I know I could go crazy!
Thing is you have to find something that works for you, I always think that even if something isn't strictly sw-this is my journey and I've got to keep this weight off when I'm done so I have to make it sustainable for me-there are a lot of people in group that have returned several times and I'm not slating them (I couldn't my weight has been up/down more times than I can count but only once ever even close to target) I just don't want to be returning every year-ive paid enough haha. Even my consultant (who is lovely) has gained all her weight back-ive never seen her at target which doesn't fill me with hope, but I'm going to try :).
I also only drink water (and the occasional alcohol binge) but then I don't like tea, coffee, squash etc so that hasn't changed!

Sorry for the long reply lol-i can't see how long it is till I push send on my phone haha.

Good luck with your journey-my first few weeks were trial and error for portion size (too much, too little) but you will find what works for you :)

Hope I've not confused anything and of course it's just my opinion but feel free to ask anything xx

Thank you so much for taking the time out to reply in the way that you have!! I've just glanced at your weight when you started? Am I right you've lost 6 stone almost, since October? That's amazing!!!! Do you weigh out pasta? For example I take pasta for my lunch with a chicken breast and normally take 150g (ish) do you think that's too much, or? Well, I started using the Wii fit again on Sunday and I'm doing half an hour every night, and 1 hour on Saturdays and Sunday's. I keep telling myself, I can do this!! When do you hope to have achieved target by? Xx

Thank you so much for taking the time out to reply in the way that you have!! I've just glanced at your weight when you started? Am I right you've lost 6 stone almost, since October? That's amazing!!!! Do you weigh out pasta? For example I take pasta for my lunch with a chicken breast and normally take 150g (ish) do you think that's too much, or? Well, I started using the Wii fit again on Sunday and I'm doing half an hour every night, and 1 hour on Saturdays and Sunday's. I keep telling myself, I can do this!! When do you hope to have achieved target by? Xx

No probs at all! Aww thanks, yes I have which still feels a bit surreal to me-hoping to get that 6stone either next week or the week after!

No I don't weigh anything unless I absolutely have to. Honestly I'm not sure how much that is but if it's working for you I would say stick with it. I judge the portion by eye (as my eve meals are all portioned in the same size after much trial and error I've finally got it) I have it so at most half of my plate is pasta etc but I usually try for just under.

You can definitely do it :) sounds like a fab amount of exercise, I'm still building mine in but hopefully get there soon! I'm hoping to be at target by my 30th which is the end if sep which is probably a bit ambitious but if not hopefully by Xmas-if not by then whenever it happens lol

How far do you have to go and have you set a goal date, or just seeing how it goes if you don't mind me asking? x

Urgh i want 2 lose 9/10 stone so i have a long way to go yet babe :(

I found it incredibly overwhelming when I saw my original number on the scale, but don't let it get you down-you can definitely reach that goal :) I've broken mine into smaller chunks-kept going off track thinking of it as a whole (still wish it was as easy to lose as gain grr!) Good luck today x

I found it incredibly overwhelming when I saw my original number on the scale, but don't let it get you down-you can definitely reach that goal :) I've broken mine into smaller chunks-kept going off track thinking of it as a whole (still wish it was as easy to lose as gain grr!) Good luck today x

My first goal is 3 stone then i think ill do it again another 3 stone ect see how i go. I was jus disappointed in myself i let myaelf get so big xxx

No probs at all! Aww thanks, yes I have which still feels a bit surreal to me-hoping to get that 6stone either next week or the week after!

No I don't weigh anything unless I absolutely have to. Honestly I'm not sure how much that is but if it's working for you I would say stick with it. I judge the portion by eye (as my eve meals are all portioned in the same size after much trial and error I've finally got it) I have it so at most half of my plate is pasta etc but I usually try for just under.

You can definitely do it :) sounds like a fab amount of exercise, I'm still building mine in but hopefully get there soon! I'm hoping to be at target by my 30th which is the end if sep which is probably a bit ambitious but if not hopefully by Xmas-if not by then whenever it happens lol

How far do you have to go and have you set a goal date, or just seeing how it goes if you don't mind me asking? x

It's weight losses like yours that inspire me to carry on and think I really can achieve something this time (although I always put myself down and think actually I can't!) I'm really trying to battle with my mind this time - and to stop telling myself that I can't do something, because that's what stops me in the end. I nag and nag at myself and then give up! Ideally? I'd like to lose 10 stone 8lb :( :( :( so far to go and so upset that I let myself get this big without doing anything about it sooner! But hopefully this will be the last time I try to lose weight! I'm not AS bothered about weight, I'd just like to be a nice size 14 (I'm a 22 at the moment) and I feel then that I'd be comfortable with my body. I'm setting three-monthly goals - so by the first Saturday in June, I'd like to have lost 2 stone! Very ambitious, I know.. Oh well, here goes nothing! Xx

It's weight losses like yours that inspire me to carry on and think I really can achieve something this time (although I always put myself down and think actually I can't!) I'm really trying to battle with my mind this time - and to stop telling myself that I can't do something, because that's what stops me in the end. I nag and nag at myself and then give up! Ideally? I'd like to lose 10 stone 8lb :( :( :( so far to go and so upset that I let myself get this big without doing anything about it sooner! But hopefully this will be the last time I try to lose weight! I'm not AS bothered about weight, I'd just like to be a nice size 14 (I'm a 22 at the moment) and I feel then that I'd be comfortable with my body. I'm setting three-monthly goals - so by the first Saturday in June, I'd like to have lost 2 stone! Very ambitious, I know.. Oh well, here goes nothing! Xx

Really? That's awesome thank you :). Believe me if I can do it anyone can! I felt exactly the same for the first few months, I wanted to give up so many times-lots of tears, tantrums and questioning myself-was I ready? Was it too soon after having the lil one? Etc. It felt like a constant battle with myself, however for every bad day I had somehow I had more good ones and now I'm finally starting to believe it's possible-can finally see my hard work paying off and I'm actually excited about it-well except the whole loose skin thing-not so excited about that lol but I will try and minimise and wear it with pride (I hope ha!)

You can definitely crack that, it's amazing what our bodies can do when we beat the mind-I think you've set a great target-a challenge but definitely doable :) I think we should all stop beating ourselves up about how much we weigh or how we let that happen and focus on the fact that we have taken the incredibly difficult step to say 'enough is enough' and change our lives-which for me is the greatest positive!

Here's to a great week x

Ho michrm. Just found your diary. Well done on such a fanastic weightless. My starting weight is about the same as yours so great inspiration to think that this time I may be able to do this.

Hi TDQ!

Thank you very much! You can definitely do this-hard work but worth it :)

Good luck with your journey x

It's a new sw week and it's going to be a hectic one-sigh! Will be flicking in and out when I can. The oh is away with work next Mon and Tue so my usual semi relax days are out the window as my lil boy will be home too (tragically I thought that would be easier than trying to get him to nursery-wonder if I'll still think that next week lol)

So all food is planned for the week and I would like to increase my exercise to 6 or 7 DVDs-ultimately I want to be doing 10-12 a week but I know I need to build it up. I've also accepted that if I'm going to fit it in alongside running a house and the kids it means staying up a bit later-think if I can start by 8pm I'll be finished and showered by 11 which could be worse-have to prioritise the exercise-well after the kids and housework and....ok well perhaps it's not right up the top but I have to get motivated and focused-want to be doing both DVDs 5-6 days a week by the end of April latest-we shall see!

Time to get serious and keep chipping away at the rest of this weight! x

Really? That's awesome thank you :). Believe me if I can do it anyone can! I felt exactly the same for the first few months, I wanted to give up so many times-lots of tears, tantrums and questioning myself-was I ready? Was it too soon after having the lil one? Etc. It felt like a constant battle with myself, however for every bad day I had somehow I had more good ones and now I'm finally starting to believe it's possible-can finally see my hard work paying off and I'm actually excited about it-well except the whole loose skin thing-not so excited about that lol but I will try and minimise and wear it with pride (I hope ha!)

You can definitely crack that, it's amazing what our bodies can do when we beat the mind-I think you've set a great target-a challenge but definitely doable :) I think we should all stop beating ourselves up about how much we weigh or how we let that happen and focus on the fact that we have taken the incredibly difficult step to say 'enough is enough' and change our lives-which for me is the greatest positive!

Here's to a great week x

You're definitely right there! I'm hoping I'll have lost weight this WI day, which is Saturday - feeling great so will be very disappointed if I haven't lost anything! However, a colleague suggested measuring too, because sometimes if you don't lose lbs, you lose inches! Hope your week is going well x

You're definitely right there! I'm hoping I'll have lost weight this WI day, which is Saturday - feeling great so will be very disappointed if I haven't lost anything! However, a colleague suggested measuring too, because sometimes if you don't lose lbs, you lose inches! Hope your week is going well x

Definitely agree with the measurements, I haven't done them since day 1 so I might do them again at the weekend, see how far I've come for a boost-maybe lol.

Good luck for Saturday, hope you get a great result :) x

Definitely agree with the measurements, I haven't done them since day 1 so I might do them again at the weekend, see how far I've come for a boost-maybe lol. Good luck for Saturday, hope you get a great result :) x

Really feel good this week. Hoping its at least 2lb then I'll have reached my half a stone :) thank you for all your support - you should definitely measure, I'm sure you'll be amazed! x

Back