8 stone + to loose....

emmapetty

Going for Goal!
Good morning all!

I am on day 2 of my restart. Yesterday I met my new cdc and got weighed, which I was dreading.

When I first did the diet 2 years ago, i was astonished that at 22 years of age I was a whopping 22 stone. I stuck with it and got down to 16 stone. I felt amazing. I was a size 18! I hadn't been that size since I was about 15 years old.

Then came a holiday in France, where I lapsed badly. When I returned home I tried to get back into the swing of cd, unsuccessfully. I seemed to have lost all my will power in that one week, probably because I had enjoyed the french food too much! How I cried...I just couldn'tt bear it anymore.

So there began my biggest mistake. I stopped suddenly and quickly reverted back to my old bad habbits.

I married my gorgeous Husband in August last year. I was a big Bride, but nevertheless it was the best day of my life and I know I did look beautiful despite the weight.

We have now been discussing trying for the pitter patter of tiny feet next year. So i had a long chat with my hubby about how I was going to loose weight to ensure that I am able to carry our baby safely.

And here I am!:p

I was pleasantly suprised when I went to be weighed by my new cdc yesterday. I'm not as big as I was when i very first did cambridge. But still a very obese 19 stone 13lbs. :(

I have given myself a target of a 1 stone loss each month, which I hope will take me through to Christmas time, when I can begin maintence (there's no way i'm stopping so suddenly again - If im going to do it, it's being done the right way)

I'm considering purchasing a wii fit...although I do live in a flat, and i think i will have to choose my time to use it wisely, otherwise the neighbours downstairs will think there's an earthquake about to errupt!!! ha ha!!! ;)

When you have such a lot too loose it's hard to keep at it, you can't see beyond the final result you so desperately want. But i'm starting to realise that that is a unhealthy way to loose weight. When I see the numbers going down on the scales, that's when i'll feel that i am progressing towards my final goal of 11 stone.

Em - you are gonna be gr8 at this diet malarky me thinks!?!?!?!? xx

Em - you are gonna be gr8 at this diet malarky me thinks!?!?!?!? xx

I really hope so hun. I need to do this.

I know it wont happen overnight, but it will happen gradually in the next 8.5 months - that's what i'm going to continue saying to myself and aiming for.

What are your goals? You're a newbie aren't you? x x x

I'm a re-starter BUT decided to be a 'newbie' this way its like a complete fresh start! I am re-inventing myself and it started here.
8.5 months - well look at it that we're all ready 4.5 months into 2009.... You'll be at goal before you know it and working up the plans even quicker than that!
I've decided that this is not a prison sentence - I am embracing the entire SS thing as a way of ridding myself of being 'food dependant'! which for me can only be a good thing! xx

BEST OF LUCK EMMAPETTY!!
Hope to see you around here quite a lot, I'm on day 2 also of my restart!
Hope the journey is a good one!

BEST OF LUCK EMMAPETTY!!
Hope to see you around here quite a lot, I'm on day 2 also of my restart!
Hope the journey is a good one!

thanks hun - good luck to you too ;) Re-starting they say is more difficult - but i think your state of mind plays a bigger part in this diet.

watermelon - lol you're right hun, its not a prison sentence! i'm sure you'll do just great. it's sensible to aim small - tiny steps with one ultimate target

emmapetty - i am with u! i am on day 1 and have never done anything this drastic before - but need to lose weight both for myself and so i can have a baby safely. i agree with wot water melon is saying - i need to do this so i will not b food dependent too!!!

just hope i can stick to it! cus if i dont i will soon be a blob being pushed around in a wheel chair!

You have taken a bog step in coming back its not easy hun ....sounds like u have some deterimation there so i just know u wont fail ....are u from bristol originally?

You have taken a bog step in coming back its not easy hun ....sounds like u have some deterimation there so i just know u wont fail ....are u from bristol originally?

Hey hun - no i'm from Manchester originally, but been in Bristol now for 2 years. I see you're not far from me in South Wales. Where abouts are you? x x x

Torfaen hun ...i think bristols miles away only coz i dont drive!

well done for restarting

yeah it is quite far. Prob about 1.5 hours.
So what are your reasons to loose weight? Do you have a special event coming up? x x x

Hi and welcome :) I'm on day 1, and have a huge 13.5 stone to lose..but, it's ok... I'm gunna do it!!! :)

Good luck :)

You will do it angel. :) How is your first day going? I'm on my 2nd day. Had porridge this morning around 8.45, and im starting to feel rumbly in my tumbly! But going to make me a nice cold water, to see if i can stop the hunger pangs for another few hours.

Best of luck emmapetty you have a fantatic incentive and it will keep you going its great to have something to aim for keep posting and let us know how you get on x

i have my sisters wedding coming up ..............she told me i was too fat to be a bridesmaid....hhmmm so im in the process of planning on looking so fab i upstage her!

i have my sisters wedding coming up ..............she told me i was too fat to be a bridesmaid....hhmmm so im in the process of planning on looking so fab i upstage her!

Oh you poor thing hun, what a cruel thing for her to say.

I must say, when i went down to 16 stone people changed how they were with me. It peed me off actually because i'm still the same person, just was a lot less.

I had male attention, which was unknown for me, i was always the one watching the bags in clubs while my m8s got jiggy with it with guys.

I also had a long distant relative (cousin) who became jealous of the family discussing my good weight loss and she began treating me terribly, we haven't spoken now for a year.

It's crazy, but you do learn who your real friends are.

I hope your sister is supporting you in this diet. I remember you saying your family were quite negative at first. At the end of the day it's your decision. Stick with it girl, you will be the belle of the ball at the wedding x x x

Jo, you'll show her!!! As much as I try to be nice to people and consider their feelings..there's definitely something to be said for a little bit of revenge :D

Jo, you'll show her!!! As much as I try to be nice to people and consider their feelings..there's definitely something to be said for a little bit of revenge :D

LOL i agree hun - i love revenge!
I've got my eye on a purple dress, i'll be showing everyone who ever doubted me that i'm the sexy lady they never thought existed, but has been screaming to get out...BWA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!! :D

Oooooooooooo luvin the incentive for that one hun :cool:

LOL i agree hun - i love revenge!
I've got my eye on a purple dress, i'll be showing everyone who ever doubted me that i'm the sexy lady they never thought existed, but has been screaming to get out...BWA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!! :D

Hee hee - well you know wat that say about dishy up revenge... always best served'cold' or 'icily' sounds even better! Good luck to you both! xx

Back