810 meal ideas

mmmmmm, i think plain fat free yougurt would be much yummier than skimmed milk. I think i will have that. I might add a bit of spice to it and have it with my chicken.

I was just wondering, how much plain yogurt can we have?? Would it have to be measure in tablespoons?

Thank you xx :)

When my CDC told me that i had to move onto 790, i mentioned that i dont really drink tea or coffee and i know i will not like the milk with my milshake because i am not too keen on skimmed milk. So she said that i would have to have some sort of low fat yogurt. So it might be allowed.

I will ring her today or tmrw and ask her. I think i would stick with the 1 tbsp too.

Well done with your weightloss so far Laura, it must be fab to ged rid of the first stone. :)

Good luck with your weightloss journey :) xx

I think everyone experiences a few problems at first. I remember on 2 occasions where i was just crying because i wanted food so bad. I also wanted to give up after my week 2 loss because it was low and i was missing food so bad.

But i am so happy that i started CD and stuck with it, because it made me realise how much emotinal eating i used to do. I kept a diary and noted down everytime i felt hungry and why i felt it, whether it was emotinal/pshychological or physical.

So now i can identify this better and change my ways of thinking, its fab. So i did alittle of my own therapy there, lol.

Thank you for your kind words about my weightloss. Good luck with your weightloss :) xx

I've just started 790 and am having fish curry tonight.

My thoughts are to make a paste out of a small amount of curry powder and water and spread it on top of the fish. Then i'll bake it for a bit until it's cooked and serve it with a few vegetables.
I suppose you could pre cook the food and then mix it all with the curry paste before baking it for a short while. This would make more of a curry dish.
I'll let you know how it works out.

Anyone else got any ideas for 790 meals? Im coming up to week 4 and would like to try some different things now before I start getting too bored?

I've just started the 790 plan after two weeks of sole sourcing and I'm loving it!

I didn't do bad on sole source, I've lost about 15lbs in total now, but I was finding the 'no food' thing quite hard and started picking a little, which wasn't doing me any good. So I've moved onto 790 and now I wake up every day feeling great, just knowing that I can have some food!

Apparently it only makes a difference of a 1lb a week on your weight loss, so if you usually lose 4lb on sole source, you'll still lose 3lb on 790!! :) Sounds great to me :) and it seems to be working! :)

I'm planning to have quorn mince tonight, dry fried with a load of vegetables :) I wonder if we are allowed quorn sausages does anyone know??? I've also bought some tuna steaks which look lovely but haven't tried them yet :))

Take care, Laura x

I have done the 790 since day 1, I find that if I can get work out of the way (where I drink 5 litres of water) then I feel the diet day is over as I have food to look forward to.

I have had lettuce every day, more than the recommended amount but there aren't many calories in it, have this with sea bass (which I pan fry), tinned tuna, oven baked haddock with different sorts of chili/curry powder, cottage cheese, chicken breast.

I really look forward to my meal and finish it off with a frozen bar.

Diet has been relatively easy for me, the hard bit will be keeping the weight off.

Tonight i'm having pan fried tuna steaks with steamed cabbage. mmmmm Cant wait!!

If you go out for a meal Chicken Tikka main course is good, generally comes with a small salad and I avoid the yoghurt.

Yum yum, been having this at least once a week all through my diet.

I just wanted to say THANKS so much for this thread, I have just started following the 790 plan and this is sooo helpful.. CHEERS!!!!

This is what you are looking for - it is on another minimins thread

AAM is add a meal and it's supposed to be in your 5th week for 1 week only. You then...depending on your BMI or what you want to do you either go back to SS for another 4 weeks or on to 790.

You have all your packs as normal and on top of that you have a small meal consisting of.....

Protein

11g/4oz cottage cheese (reduced fat)
50g/2oz chicken or turkey breast without skin
80g/3oz cod, haddock or other white fish
80g/3oz quorn
60g/2.5oz soft tofu opr 120g(5oz) firm tofu

and...

Veg

2 tablespoons of one of the following...

green salad leaves eg. roquette, lambs lettuce watercress, raddiccio, little gem/romain lettuces.

celery, cucumber or red raddishes

courgettes or marrow

broccoli, cauliflower or any cabbage including pickled cabbage.

spinach, kale, turnip or taro tops

asparagus, fennel and celeriac, mushrooms

chinese leafy greens such as pak choi or chinese cabbage.

don't add salt or fat but add herbs and a bit of stock if you want.

For 790, it's very similar. still same number of packs and a small meal but a few more options.

Protein

250g/8oz cottage cheese (5% fat)
325g/11oz reduced fat cottage cheese (less than 2% fat)
175g/6oz chicken or turkey breast without fat/skin
275g/10oz white fish as before..
260g canned tuna in water (drained)
190g fresh tuna steak
275g/10oz quorn pieces/mince

Veg

exactly the same range as AAM but 3 tablespoons this time.

Does anyone know if tomatoes would take you out of ketosis? Just wondered if I can have a couple in my salads.. thanks!

Also.. does anyone ever put any dressings on their salads.. like low low fat mayo or zero fat french dressing?

Cheers! Sarah xx

Does anyone know if tomatoes would take you out of ketosis? Just wondered if I can have a couple in my salads.. thanks!

Also.. does anyone ever put any dressings on their salads.. like low low fat mayo or zero fat french dressing?

Cheers! Sarah xx

I had a few slices of tomato now and again, but not alot - they seem to have a high sugar content and I think could lead to knocking you out of ketosis.

Less than 1% dressings I used all of the time.

Have you tried a search on the forum ? This has been discussed many times.

Oh thanks for that.. hadn't thought about doing a search so will do so now, cheers. Will also treat myself to a couple of dressings yiippppeeee even more choice now! THANKS! x

Back