810 meal ideas

Made a new recipe!!

Took my 10ozs of Quorn mince and cooked it in some water with some button mushrooms.

Added one sachet of the CD Chicken & Mushroom Soup - less water than is usually required to thicken it up a little. Added a little pepper and some steak seaoning.

Served with two other vegetables of your choice.

It certainly improved the Quorn!

I have made half and will have the other half later on.

You could, of course, make it up with any of the CD soup packs.

Am going to try the Quorn pieces with a vegetable soup pack another time.

Remember, of course, to increase your water intake!!

Hi Guys,

Ive never really cooked fish before?? Ive just bought some tuna steaks from M&S?? Whats the nicest way to cook them? Am I right in saying we can have lemon juice too? (Sorry my book is at home!)

I bought salmon fillets too but now I see we cant have them :(

Any suggestions?

Don't think we can have lemon juice hun :( Not sure about fish as I really don't like it, but hopefully someone will be along soon that can help :) xx

The BBC's website is brilliant for stuff you need ideas for, Laney. If you use the advanced search you can put in your main ingredient like tuna, and also click on the healthy option. It'll throw up a stack of suggestions, one of which will give you the basis of something you'll like.
Here's one I prepared earlier :D

BBC - Food - Recipes - Tuna crusted with coriander and peppercorns

I sir fried tuna, brocolli, courgette and leek in spray oil last night. I also added some ginger does anyone know if that okay on the 790 as ive knocked myself out of ketosis.

Are we allowed leeks and fresh ginger ???

PS It was yummy anyway

Thanks Sara

The leek would probably knock you out of ketosis - it is not on the Cambridge vegetable list! Leeks are about 3g of carbs per OUNCE. Leeks and onions are a no-no.

thanks for that tip re onions and leeks will now give it a miss. Just come home with pak choi so should be interesting never had it before ???

Thought I would share my 790 meals -

Very basic meals really!

Today I had salad leaves with tuna and cottage cheese with some fat-free blue cheese salad dressing.

I like Quorn - I have the 10oz of Quorn allowed, either as minced or in the pieces, cooked in some stock with mushrooms and a couple of vegetables, usually a choice of cabbage,spinach, cauliflower, broccoli or asparagus.
I have to eat this as two separate meals, though, I cannot eat it all in one sitting, there is just too much of it!
White fish with plain vegetables - I don't care for spicey foods!
I might have a tuna salad on its own, or the cottage cheese salad on its own. Then make a salad dressing using fat-free yoghurt in place of the skimmed milk allowance (I am having my coffee black) and some herbs.
I do mushrooms stuffed with cottage cheese, herbs and cover it with a sprinkling of grated cheese then bake it in the oven - that is a lovely meal!
I might have chicken or turkey done as a stir-fry in that 1-cal spray fry, with mushrooms, courgettes and asparagus. With a little fat-free yoghurt added too and some herbs.
Some of my friends use the chicken/turkey/quorn and add the yoghurt and some curry powder and cumin to make a curry - I really don't like curry or spicey foods so I haven't tried that myself! Everyone says it tastes fabulous, though.

I vary my main meal every day. I have had prawns as my fish main although I am not supposed to!! I love prawns and just have the prawns on an iceberg lettuce base with fat-free thousand island dressing - yummy!!

Gosh I really must make that stuffed mushroom dish, that's 3 people now that have mentioned it and I salivate every single time lol!!

Thanks for sharing your yummy meal ideas with us xx

Another yummy recipe I made up as I went along!

Took my 6oz of chicken - which was 1 chicken breast, skin removed, sliced
Four mushrooms, sliced
Fried in a little of the 1 cal spray oil until cooked
I added a sprinkling of onion salt - yes I know we aren't supposed to!
Then I added some very low-fat plain yoghurt, a couple of tablespoons (I don't use my milk allowance)

I had it with some cauliflower and broccoli to make up my three tablespoons of veg

It was absolutely divine!

Had an idea!!

You could do minced or Quorn pieces, cooked, then add yoghurt and spices and maybe a little cottage cheese, pile it into some mushrooms and then bake it, perhaps? That would be tasty!

Or you could bake it with some sliced courgettes, sliced mushrooms and asparagus. That would be nice too!

Haven't tried it but I will in the next couple of days.

On 790 I don't use my skimmed milk allowance in coffee, so I have a fat-free plain yoghurt replacement. I use it as a sauce on the Quorn usually.

Yesterday I had 100g of the yoghurt but I added a tiny amount of the CD Summer Berry Water Flavouring - it was very nice!! Try it! Add a tiny amount very slowly and taste in between as the water flavouring is strong and you don't need much!

STBG, thanks for posting all your ideas / creations for 790. I am starting to get a bit bored of my spicy chicken so Im going to try some of your things. Will definitely be trying the yoghurt with the flavouring!

Got another idea -

Delighted to find that we can have Quorn sausages!

Have a look at the website www.quorn.co.uk

The lowest carb Quorn sausages are only 3.3g of carb per sausage, the bramley apple are 4.3g of carb, etc.

Apparently we can have SIX of the plain Quorn Sausages, or THREE of the lamb variety.

Just think, sausage and mushrooms, just a pity we can't have the onion aswell!

Had a brainwave - we could use some of a Vegetable Soup pack as a 'gravy'!! That would be delicious!

Got another idea -

Delighted to find that we can have Quorn sausages!

Have a look at the website www.quorn.co.uk

The lowest carb Quorn sausages are only 3.3g of carb per sausage, the bramley apple are 4.3g of carb, etc.

Apparently we can have SIX of the plain Quorn Sausages, or THREE of the lamb variety.

Just think, sausage and mushrooms, just a pity we can't have the onion aswell!

Had a brainwave - we could use some of a Vegetable Soup pack as a 'gravy'!! That would be delicious!

Edited to add -

I have just had the stuffed mushrooms for lunch. Mixed half the cottage cheese allowance with half of the tuna allowance. Added a tiny bit of mustard powder and some pepper. Piled it into the mushrooms and baked until they were browned on the top. Served it with some iceberg lettuce with a drizzle of Kraft Italian Fat-free dressing. Yummy, yummy, yummy!!

We could have three sausages with one quarter of the quantities of the tuna and cottage cheese, done the same way - the combo would be gorgeous!

Yes you are allowed mushrooms .. they keep forgetting to get it listed in the book before sending to print apparently?

They are listed on this Forum under 'difference between AAMW and 790'

Enjoy your mushrooms !!

Hi Ladies - Have only been on 790 for a week...

Although havent tried this on CD (I have done similar on WW/SW diets using plain yoghurt and options drink powder)

Suggestion:
Using your yoghurt, sprinkle in some choc orange (or any other flavour you like - sweet) mix up and have as a dessert...ie flavoured yoghurt....could use fruits of forest..

Probably wont get all the pack in perhaps just half...

If any one tries it let me know...;)

Back