810 meal ideas

My problem is that I hate veg and salads. I'm really struggling with trying to find something to eat. The chicken was ok-I had cauliflower mash with it-which wasn't exactly tasty but I ate it. I want to try celeriac chips too, but Sainsburys don't have any celeriac...grrrr. Going to have quorn tomorrow-it might disguise the taste of the cauliflower a bit more...

Currently on my 810 week and this morning I had half of my 150g tub of 0% total greek yog mixed with cinnamon and 1/3 of a toffee malt bar cut in small pieces. It was sooo scrummy! I'm looking forward to the next time I do 810 because I'll be stepping up the plans! back to SS for me on Friday.

Menu today is- lunch- cottage cheese&lettuce then for tea-chicken with cucumber,other 1/2 tub of yoghurt and chopped mint.

my cooking skills arent up to much.... and am getting a bit bored of my (quorn) mince with tabasco and courgette and mushroom and a stock cube and paprika....

Oooooooooooo ladies, made this tonight and it was DELICIOUS!!!

Stuffed Cabbage Leaves - CD style!

Par boil whole green cabbage for 5 minutes so the leaves peel away easily and keep them whole.

Meanwhile in a bowl mix minced turkey, grate in some courgette, mushroom and cauliflower. Add in salt, pepper and paprika to season.

Wrap a small ball of the mince in one of the cabbage leaves. Put in ovenproof dish. Once they're all in cover the parcels in stock made from Marigold Bouillion or CD savoury drink powder. Bake in oven for 25 minutes or so on high.

Voila!!!!!! Yummmmmmmmmmm will eat this even when not on CD. THe normal version of it is made with minced beef, rice, onions, mushrooms and covered in chicken stock with sliced tomatoes over the top of the parcels, but this was just as good.

Hi Laura,

Not really but between the five of us I only used 1 courgette, about 3 mushrooms and a couple of heads of cauliflower. I had three cabbage leaves so figured that would together be less than the three tablespoons of veg that I would be allowed. If you were only making it for yourself though it would be much easier to do.

Oooooooooooo ladies, made this tonight and it was DELICIOUS!!!

Stuffed Cabbage Leaves - CD style!

Par boil whole green cabbage for 5 minutes so the leaves peel away easily and keep them whole.

Meanwhile in a bowl mix minced turkey, grate in some courgette, mushroom and cauliflower. Add in salt, pepper and paprika to season.

Wrap a small ball of the mince in one of the cabbage leaves. Put in ovenproof dish. Once they're all in cover the parcels in stock made from Marigold Bouillion or CD savoury drink powder. Bake in oven for 25 minutes or so on high.

Voila!!!!!! Yummmmmmmmmmm will eat this even when not on CD. THe normal version of it is made with minced beef, rice, onions, mushrooms and covered in chicken stock with sliced tomatoes over the top of the parcels, but this was just as good.

Hiya

The recipe sounds lovely, however, you should not be eating salt if you are following 810. You can use the CD Savoury veg flavouring max 1 teaspoon per day (that is providing you haven't had the mousse or sweet flavouring as its restricted to only one add on per day).

If you were only making this for yourself you would need to ensure no more than 3 tablespoons of veg were consumed.

An important part of CD stabilisation is teaching portion control.

Oops I gave away my salt addiction! :cool: So ignore the salt all you good people.

I used about 1tsp per person of the marigold bouillion, but this was only used to bake it in and not actually consumed in the end up but obviously you will get some of it.

As I said, if making it for yourself, you could just use the amount of vegetables you are allowed to make up the recipe for 1. Obviously I cooked this for more than one person but I'm pretty positive i was still within my allowance.

I love the quorn pieces - my fave meal on 1000 is as follows.....

quorn pieces - actually quite a lot when you weigh them out!
put in frying pan with touch of water and shake of curry powder or spices
boil very gently just topping up with water so it does not burn for about 10 / 15 mins usually.
Meanwhile i cut sweet potato up into cubes and dry roast in oven with a touch of oil spray.
When quorn is done i add a tablespoon of 0% yog to quorn pieces and this is like a little curry!!
For the veg side of things add some cooked broccoli and cauliflower or green beans to the curry as well.

This seems to make a very substantial meal and one of my faves!!

At the moment everything i cook on 1000 plan has spices in -anything to make things more exiting!!

xx

Well done Purplepixie! I go up to 810 next week but just for my one week between SS; can't wait until my BMI says I have to move up completely :) You should be very proud of yourself.

Ok, so I'm not officially sposed to be at 810 until I go away on Saturday, but it was for only 5 days, and seeing as it 810 WEEK i decided to start 2day.

Just made a really tasty treat-
Tofu
Pak choi
Half oriental chilli soup

I chopped marinaded the tofu in some garlic and soy sauce (not sure if soy's allowed, but I'm always in a strong ketosis so I took the risk)- I'd normally have lime but as that's citric acid that's a no no.

I then dry fried this off until browned on both sides and added the pak choi.

Finally I added half a pack of oriental chilli soup made up with about 5 fluid oz hot water and added it to the mix.

Let that thicken and it sort of makes a vegetarian thai type curry. Yummy! Bet it's good with chicken or quorn pieces....

I'm trying this here, no response in the other thread so far...

Anyone know if we can use lime leaves and lemon grass in 810 meals? From what little info I can find they appear to be citric acid free...

Just craving for a nice soury flavour! :D

I'm not sure Bubblypenguin but was thinking the same thing as you! Hope somebody has the answer.

I made a bit of a stroganoff type thing for my first 810 meal:
275g quorn chicken pieces
Enough mushrooms for your 3tbsp allowance
2/3 of a CD mushroom soup
garlic pepper
cayenne pepper
ground coriander

I used four whole sprays of Fry Light as I was using a big frying pan, sauteed the mushrooms in it until they started to brown a bit and release some juices. I sprinkled on some garlic pepper, cayenne and ground coriander and cooked a little bit more.

Then I added my quorn chicken (from frozen), and a little bit of hot water to help it defrost and not stick to the pan. While that was warming through, I made up my 2/3 of a pack of CD mushroom soup (you can use a whole pack, I just used 2/3 as I had 1/3 of a peanut bar for dessert!).

Once the quorn was softened, I added some more garlic pepper, cayenne and ground coriander to taste. Then I added a few good splashes of the mushroom soup (enough to stop the quorn from sticking to the pan).

Once it was all warmed through, I plonked all of the quorn and mushrooms into a deep bowl and poured over the soup.

It certainly seemed like a lot of food, but honestly it was gorgeous!!

Hi
Im a little confused I am reading that the 790 was supposed to keep you in ketosis, but am assuming the 810 does not?
How do we make the celeriac or parsnip chips does anyone know?
Does anyone know how much deviation is allowed? and is swede and beansprouts or sweet potato def off the menu?
OR does it not really matter so long as your calorie aware, assuming theres no ketosis involved in the 810? Yet I am still reading people refering to ketosis in this plan? very confused?

Flobble - you need to get the yellow book. Cambridge upped the cals to 810 from 790 to make it a LCD instead of a VLCD but obviously not much difference. You are likely to still be in ketosis.

The food is pretty much the same as SS+ but just more of it. My tip is to stick to the plan. You have the rest of your life to eat whatever else you want.

Back