A Big Loser is back...

BigLoser

Hello to you all,

I was a a big loser once and now I have put it on agai, I am thinking about starting up with CD again. I went for 143 days without slipping once but I went and spoilt it all.
Yes, I am bitterly disappointed with myself. I had a really hard time during my weight loss period but perhaps the worst bit is that I don't actually feel that I have enjoyed any of the putting it back on. I have just been lazy, eaten badly and worst of all, I have discovered that I am a secret eater - eating in the car to and from work. I have just eaten rubbish and with 8 stone back on, I am feeling awful - my clothes don't fit, I am not sleeping very well and so the viscious cycle continues...
I have posted elsewhere about the risks of re-starting with SS have yo=yoed so badly... 26 stone to 16 stone and back up to 24 stone. I really want to know if anyone has any info about any risks... or even general advice. I was the one who gave the advice before and now I am the one that needs the help...

Oh Hun,you Sound So Down,
Im Sorry Ive No Answers For You But I Know There Is Alot Of Restarters On Here And Im Sure It Would Be Fine For You To Start Again,i`d Say Once You Have No Health Problems Then All Wil Be Fine,
I Hope You Feel Better Soon,
Elaine X

I am not so much down as just about ready to fix it again, I just don't want to cause myself harm. I want to be sure that the risk of trying to do the weight loss over a period of months or even years will be worse than any risk of SS'ing again... I know that I am new to here and I am sorry that I am being clandestine about my former screen name but I am a little embarrassed.
I took a lot from the fact that I went for 143 days, SS - no slips, not even once and then this, a cataclisimic descent into weight gain. Time has gone so quickly. I realise now that I was able to SS better than to moderate (that is the stubborn northerner in me).
The fact is that I am tired of explaining to people that don't understand or the nay sayers why I have got in such a mess again. People were reluctant to support me last time but that was more about them than it was about what I am doing. But the puritanical 'thin' types that condemn SS - they don't know how it feels to be so fat and how good it feels to lose it all.
Those same slim types are normally the ones that don't understand the principles of VLCD and as a result, I can't find the answers that I need.
It is like going to a financial advisor and asking whether or not you should rent or buy - they are in the business of selling mortgages - so guess what the advice would be....

I am rambling now...

Firstly You Dont Need To Be Embarassed About Coming Back To The "family" As We Are Always Here For You No Matter What,thats What This Site Is All About Support And Encouragement,if It Was Not For This Site Then I Would Not Have Been Able Ot Stick To Cd.
Secondly You Say You Are Ready To Do Something About Your Weight Well As You And I Both Know This Is Half The Battle Just Taking The 1st Step Is A Major Factor In Weight Loss,as We Have Then Recognised We Need To Do Something About It,for So Long I Refused To Believe That I Needed To Do Anything And Thats How I Ended Up So Big(19st 4lb At My Heaviest).
And As For All Those Doubters,well To Hell With Them Hun,you Dont Need To Prove To Anybody But Yourself That You Can Do This,let Them Say Whatever They Wish To Say,as They Will Always Have Their Own Opinion And You Will Never Change That,no Matter What You Try To Tell Them!!!! Anyway,do It For Yourself And You Cant Go Wrong,
Ive Lost Count The Amount Of Times Ive Lost Weight And Put It Back On Its Just So Hard,and Everyone On Here Knows Exactly How Easy It Is To Put Back On The Weight That We Have Lost So Far!!
Why Dont You Find Out For Definite If You Are Ok To Start Cd,which I Would Say You Are And Get Stuck Into It,you Can Feel Free To Pm Me Whenever You Like,i Know Im Not The Wisest Person On This Site But The Offers There Nonetheless,
I Wish You All The Luck And Strenght That You Need,
Elaine X

Wishing you all the luck. I too had the exact same experience earlier this year and although I only have a little left to loose, I cant stick to it for the life of me! Help and motivation needed!

But back to you, lets make it your last time. You know where you slipped and how to not make the same mistakes at the end again. You can do this!

Bren
X

do you think you may need some counselling as well as doing a vlcd?

i only ask so that you can avoid the same thing happening again... ie pay alot for diet, lose the weight but not re-educating yourself/ habits to avoid re-gaining it.

maybe Lighter Life is the better option as you get counselling along the way... i know i shouldnt be saying this but hey we are here to help!

Great advice!

I did do some therapy after my program, because I found that I was so obsessed with food, all the time after having to be so strict/planned etc.

I had a blow out last night and even though I felt awful afterwards, I have good strategies not to fall into a downwards spiral which I have put into place today and will try to continue with until my measure in day on friday!

X

Keep posting BL

Hi BL,

Ppl given you some great advice there.

I lost 3 stone on LT 2yrs ago and like you the weight crept back on so I'm losing it again.

I am trying to take this time SSing to educate myself about food and eating, even trying to get my partner to eat healthier, as I don't want to make the same mistakes this time.

The most important thing about doing it again for me was getting my mind and motivation straight. Minimins is great for that as everybody here understands the VLCDs and there is no judgement only support which really helps deal with the jealous and ignorant types that feel your weight is their business!!!

Anyway BL, you did it for 143 days before you know that you can do it again. So best of luck and keep posting :):)

Hi i may not be much help as i am only doing this for the first time, but just wanted to wish you luck x

Back