a bit confused with ee help needed please.

josiejo1968

going to do it!!!!
Hi all,
im on my second week of sw, last week i did mostly green days as im a bit confused with ee!could anyone tell me if:

I can have weetabix with milk for my breakfast using my hexs or do i need to add superfree as well like fruit?

If having jacket pot for lunch could i have it with beans and salad or veg or do i have to add some kind of meat/fish??

Is it only superfree foods i can snack on? or could i have say a slice ham or a yogurt? or do all snacks have to be 1/3 supefree too (if that makes sense)

Thanks for any advice, my fab consultant has explained it but i just cant understand it at all!

this is my plan for today can somebody tell me if it looks ok please

B trimmed bacon, egg, tomatos and mushrooms, with 4 ryvita dark rye( hexb)

hexa 250 semi skimmed milk to use in coffee

L mullerlight yogurt, banana, alpen light bar x 2 6 syns

D chicken breast with homemade syn free veg sauce ( toms, onions, mushrooms, garlic, corgettes), boiled rice,

fresh fruit salad

does this look ok ?? any advice greatly appreciated thanks

Hi hun, first of all don't worry about being a bit confused it can take a while to get your head around the plan!

Looking over your food diary it looks great, you even have room for a few more syns if you want them :)

Official advice from SW is that 1/3 of each meal should be superfree so in response to the weetabix question I'd say yes try and have some fruit with that as well.

With regards to the jacket potato, that would be fine with beans as long as you had some salad or other superfree with it - you dont need to have green and red free food at every meal.

You can snack on anything between meals, using either your syns, free food or healthy extras.

You seem to be doing fine with the superfree juudging by your food diary, but if the concept of 1/3 superfree at each meal isn't quite workinf just try and ensure you have 1/3 superfree over the course of the day.

Well done on the weight you've lost so far and good luck with the rest of your weigh loss :)

Thanks clareel for the quick response, i just cant seem to get my head round it at all but youve made it clear for me. So it only the meals that need to be 1/3 superfree? It was the snacks i couldnt understand.
You've done so well have you lost it all with sw?
Ive also got a bit of a panic on as i can do various diets but when i get to the weight i am now i seem to stall its like my body wont let me get into the 12 stones for some reason, so i dont want to mess this up and want to do it properly:D

No problem hun, the meals are the main thing you need to focus your superfree on, but if you are wanting a snack I would advise you to try and have some superfree first otherwise your syns can run out quickly!

I have lost all my weight on SW, just over 4 stone. I stuggled in the past with various diets but this one just really works for me. It is a bit confusing but once you get your head around it it's really easy to follow!

I try and do my snacks with 1/3 as well - so like in the morning I'll have a couple of plums and a yog and then in the afternoon I'll have an egg scrambled with some peppers and tomatoes; I suppose I'm kind of going back to school-days eating - a playpiece at half ten and an afternoon snack at half 3 :D

Then for my syns I'll either have them in a meal (which then has the 1/3) or I have them at suppertime without the 1/3. If I need a wee something outwith my 3 meals and 3 snacktimes then I go for fruit.

I do know I've got a bit of an issue with bingeing or at least not making very good choices if I haven't planned and the structure of the meals suits me like that, but my consultant was talking about this the other week and said to try and make sure that 1/3 of your total day's consumption's SFree and suggested that it might be easier for some people if they fruit snack in the morning rather than leaving it to later :)

Back