A Bit Confused

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Without The Pounds' started by XxAbbiexX23, 13 October 2009 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. XxAbbiexX23

XxAbbiexX23 Dieting & Mummy To Ethan

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slim And Save as of 13th April
    When I went for my scan last Thursday she said that the baby was 7 weeks and 4 days old, not 7 weeks and 2 days as I had thought.
    Then she said that by going by my LMP, I was 8 weeks and 2 days. But the thing is my cycle is a little long at between 33-35 days.
    So I'm a bit confused about how far along I actually am now, am I now 8 weeks and 2 days because of babys age or am I 9 weeks pregnant as of today going by my LMP.
    It's just that it seems that the numbers don't add up. She gave me a new EDD as well, saying the baby was due on 20th May so it's thrown things a bit out of sync now. I am wanting to update my ticker so wanting to know which to update it to, 8 weeks and 2 days or 9 weeks.

Help?? lol xxxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. shelbell

shelbell Trainee Human On Board

Start Weight:
    20st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st4lb
    Lost(%):
    9st9lb(46.71%)
    Diet:
    Gastric Bypass
    they tend to go by the dates at your 12 weeks scan. we jumped around a fair bit before then because we had a lot of scans, so just hold tight and see what that brings :)

4. XxAbbiexX23

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    On the one hand, I wanna say I'm 9 weeks because that'd give me another 3 weeks til the 12 week mark lol, but either way, I'm kinda almost there anyways! Only 5 days difference. :)

5. Purple Hugs

Purple Hugs Loves weight.. training!

Start Weight:
    13st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(3.47%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    they'll go by your 12 week scan - measure baby in certain points and go by two or more matching dates from those measurements.
    I have had FOUR different due dates - admittedly all within a week time frame.

6. Sunflowers

Sunflowers Wants to be a yummy mummy

The most accurate time to date a pg is by your 12 week scan - the presumably have booked it based on the dates of your lmp? She'll be able to see clearly if you're not quite the 12 weeks by then as there will still be a yolk sac and no obvious placenta!

Sounds like you're nearer the 8 weeks than the 9 though - I was the same, I should have been 5/6 days further on if you went by lmp but I didn't ovulate until day 20 so that explains why I went back by nearly a week!

7. shelbell

shelbell Trainee Human On Board

Start Weight:
    20st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st4lb
    Lost(%):
    9st9lb(46.71%)
    Diet:
    Gastric Bypass
    Don't you just love having our own resident midwife? Sun rocks :)

8. XxAbbiexX23

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    LOL Shel, she most certainly does :D

9. Sunflowers

Sunflowers Wants to be a yummy mummy

lol.. I haven't done antenatal mw for a couple of years now though, I work in NICU so I am always the first to admit I might be a little rusty on some things though!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.