A Bit Confused

XxAbbiexX23

Dieting & Mummy To Ethan
When I went for my scan last Thursday she said that the baby was 7 weeks and 4 days old, not 7 weeks and 2 days as I had thought.
Then she said that by going by my LMP, I was 8 weeks and 2 days. But the thing is my cycle is a little long at between 33-35 days.
So I'm a bit confused about how far along I actually am now, am I now 8 weeks and 2 days because of babys age or am I 9 weeks pregnant as of today going by my LMP.
It's just that it seems that the numbers don't add up. She gave me a new EDD as well, saying the baby was due on 20th May so it's thrown things a bit out of sync now. I am wanting to update my ticker so wanting to know which to update it to, 8 weeks and 2 days or 9 weeks.

Help?? lol xxxx

they tend to go by the dates at your 12 weeks scan. we jumped around a fair bit before then because we had a lot of scans, so just hold tight and see what that brings :)

On the one hand, I wanna say I'm 9 weeks because that'd give me another 3 weeks til the 12 week mark lol, but either way, I'm kinda almost there anyways! Only 5 days difference. :)

they'll go by your 12 week scan - measure baby in certain points and go by two or more matching dates from those measurements.
I have had FOUR different due dates - admittedly all within a week time frame.

The most accurate time to date a pg is by your 12 week scan - the presumably have booked it based on the dates of your lmp? She'll be able to see clearly if you're not quite the 12 weeks by then as there will still be a yolk sac and no obvious placenta!

Sounds like you're nearer the 8 weeks than the 9 though - I was the same, I should have been 5/6 days further on if you went by lmp but I didn't ovulate until day 20 so that explains why I went back by nearly a week!

LOL Shel, she most certainly does :D

lol.. I haven't done antenatal mw for a couple of years now though, I work in NICU so I am always the first to admit I might be a little rusty on some things though!!

Back