A bit confused.

kingflab

I'm under the impression that if you maintain a steady diet with a calory deficit, workout in order to help keep the metabolism going, and try to eat healthy, then the weight should theoretically only go in one direction...down.

I mean I know you can temporarily stop losing weight, but that can only last so long as the body will eventually need to use it...

So then, with that in mind, I've been losing weight all fine and dandy, I then had one night out, drank and ate an extra 2000 calories (this is just for one night only...) and ever since it's put me 3 lbs up...

Surely 2000 calories can't equate to 3lbs? At my lowest on thursday I was 13:8, since the 'pissup' on friday I'm now 13:10 (only getting down to 10 this morning).

That just doesn't make sense to me. If a pound is the equivalent to 3500 calories, I can't see how consuming an extra 2000 is going to do that much damage. It's left me concerned that once again I've dropped the calories too low and my metabolism has probably gone to pot, so now I'm going to have to do my last trick of upping the calories for a week.

It's not 3lbs of fat. It's your glycogen stores replenishing. Keep at your plan and the extra weight will disappear.

Aha, I have no idea that that is, but aha anyway!

*wikis*

Out of wonder, is that a good or a bad thing?

Thanks for clearing that up :p

what did you drink? its just coz alcohol has empty calories. dont worry about it too much it will drop off in no time :) x

Heh, er, red wine, spiced rum, scotch, and lemonade.

Back