A bit demotivated

leslabelle

Weigh in morning was yesterday and only lost 1lb last week..........how can that be?....................? :mad:

I could be eating nice thing and doing Weight Watchers or something and i would probably lose more than that in a week.

Feeling like the weight loss is really slowing down for no apparent reason. 1st week -11, 2nd week -10, 3rd week -4, 4th week -3, last week -1 !!!!!!!!!!!

Feeling like, is it worth it! :confused:

hi, I'm a newbie to exante (so hopefully someone more experienced will be around soon ) but not to dieting in general. The only thing I could think is have you done your aam week? It could be that your metabolism needs a boost after a few weeks on such a low calorie diet??

I think most of us on a VLCD have had a 'bad week' and made the same plea about how we could have done the same on a conventional diet. However, think carefully ... you've lost 29lb in just over a MONTH!!!! That's TWENTY NINE POUNDS!! What an amazing, awesome result! NO conventional diet on the face of the planet would have given you a result like that!

VLCD companies say you will have an 'average monthly loss' of a stone ... you have far exceeded that. They don't say you will lose 3.5lb per week as our bodies experience weekly fluctuations for various reasons (periods etc). It all evens out in the end though.

I just wish my losses were as good as yours. Well done!! :)

Chin up! Its just a small bump in the road to achieving your goal! Stick with it, you may have a fabulous loss next week! Have you been drinking enough water? TOTM?

By the looks of other people, normally week 2 goes to less, say maybe 3-5lb but your week 2 was still high. It could just be that your body is catching up. Don't feel demotivated 2st 1lb in 5 weeks is absolutely fantastic and you should feel really proud of yourself. I hope by the time I get to 5 weigh ins, i've achieved the same loss!
Stick at it!
FF :eek:

Thanks folks, I know what you are all saying is correct, its just that i can't help feeling it should be more. It's not like i'm nearly down to target weight with just that last few pounds to lose, i've got stones and stones still to go so i was just feeling that it's gonna be a long time if it comes off at such a slow rate.
Hopefully it'll catch up next week like you say.
I know 29lbs in 5 weeks is great but a stone and a half of it was in the first 2 weeks, and recently it's been dragging.
Maybe i do need to be drinking more, maybe i have slipped a bit.

Onwards i go :)

Hi Lesley, don't worry about it. Same thing happened to me (look at my stats) for a couple of weeks and I was ready to throw in the towel but I persevered and weight started to shift again. (sneaky half week weigh showing another couple of pounds so far) I think our bodies are programmed to slow down and wait and see if food is coming and when it doesn't it starts to eat the fat stores again. Stick with it :D

I think most of us on a VLCD have had a 'bad week' and made the same plea about how we could have done the same on a conventional diet. However, think carefully ... you've lost 29lb in just over a MONTH!!!! That's TWENTY NINE POUNDS!! What an amazing, awesome result! NO conventional diet on the face of the planet would have given you a result like that!

VLCD companies say you will have an 'average monthly loss' of a stone ... you have far exceeded that. They don't say you will lose 3.5lb per week as our bodies experience weekly fluctuations for various reasons (periods etc). It all evens out in the end though.

I just wish my losses were as good as yours. Well done!! :)

Spot on - I agree. Your losses are absolutely amazing - give your body a chance, its just stopped for breath. Nothing is broken, nothing is wrong - keep calm and carry on.

GSQ

Back