A bit disheartened

melarnz

Silver Member
I went to weigh in tonight and only lost 1lb. As it was my 2nd week I was hoping for at least 2.

I have followed the diet to the letter and have been to the gym 4 times this week.

My food diaries are on here under mel newbie if you want to take a look for me. I'm wondering if I'm eating too much free stuff.

It's not going to make me give up, but after all the effort I put in, I was hoping for more (especially as some members were saying they were naughty and still lost more than me)

Just to make you feel better, I was good and I put on 1lb! ;) I'm sure someone will help with your diaries - I'm still working it myself so not a lot of help I'm afraid.

nope u cnt eat to much free stuff, u mite find ul hve bigger loss nxt week..i often found that wen i went to gym i didnt lose as much as when i didnt (weird i no)but it evened itself out!maybe up ur superfree foods n measure ur healthy extras xx

if you are going to the gym you are toning up and muscle mass is heavier than fat, check your inch lossi'm sure it'll be better than you expect! when i workout i always weigh about 2 pounds more than when i don't! ;)

Might be water retention, when youre exercising make sure you drink a LOAD of water... It'll even out over a few weeks. :)

What diet were you following before? Wonder if it could be related to that.

Don't be disheartened though. It's still early days and I'm sure those pounds will start falling soon enough. If not, there may be tweaks you can make.

Aww Melarnz sorry you're feeling disheartened. There's nothing more frustrating than hearing people say 'oh I've been so naughty all week' and then go on to lose more than you when you've been perfect. Personally I feel like strangling them! :giggle:

Stick with it, it will shift and you'll hopefully have a lovely loss next week.
:)

Oh I agree totall that it will even its self out over the next couple of weeks.

Our C told us just on Monday that they like to look at things over a 4 week period when looking into people's diaries as it gives the body time to adjust.

Have you just started going to the gym? If so then you will be retaining water in your muscles. When I started exercising last year my weightloss slowed down for 4 weeks, but in that time I lost 2" off both my waist and hips! We put too much emphasis on the scales. Get your tape measure out and update your measurements every month to give you a true picture.
How much did you lose last week? If it was a big dollop then your body will be adjusting. Keep the faith xxx

ps you look fab in your latest photo.

Losing a 1lb is brilliant, well done, we don't always lose the same amount of weight every week I'm afraid, our bodies are very 'fickle'.

I have 'only' lost 1lb a week for the last 2 years, mate. It's sustainable, realistic, healthy and achievable, it allows your skin time to adjust and your mind to catch on to the new way of eating, it gives you time to overcome your battles with food and learn to have a new relationship with what, when and how much you eat.........and it all adds up (102lb and counting)

1lb a week ROCKS!!!!!!

I have 'only' lost 1lb a week for the last 2 years, mate. It's sustainable, realistic, healthy and achievable, it allows your skin time to adjust and your mind to catch on to the new way of eating, it gives you time to overcome your battles with food and learn to have a new relationship with what, when and how much you eat.........and it all adds up (102lb and counting)

1lb a week ROCKS!!!!!!

Good post, I thoroughly agree with this.

Also agree with the above posts about the gym - might slow weight loss down initially in the short term, but after a while the benefits will become apparent in terms of general fitness, health and body shape, as well as body fat percentage loss.

1lb a week is 52 lbs a year lol

Well done on your loss (so much better than a gain) but i agree with everything everyone else has said

I always look at my losses over a 4 week period as they show some interesting figures, exercising will make a difference and stick with it girl

x

Hi, I know how you feel, I have been struggling lately as I haven't really seen the scales budge much, 1lb here, 1/2 lb there, on & off . Driving me crazy. But I am a size 12 at the moment, and I brought a size 10 dress the other day, thinking one day I might get into it.

When it arrived, I thought I'd try it on, see how far away I am. I didn't think I would get any where near being able to wear it, as I haven't lost much weight recently, although trying hard.

...and the best thing happened, I got the dress on and the zip went all the way to the top and I didn't feel sqeezed into it at all. I could of cried! as I used to be a size 16-18.

What I'm trying to say is that the scales aren't the be all and end all. measure yourself. You never know. Plus it also takes a while for your body to catch up with losses, and can retain water. So maybe drink a herbal tea, might help. :)

Try to see it as a lifestyle change, and try not to get obsessed with what the scales say, as it can emotionally get you down if you don't reach the huge targets we set in our head. It's a journey, you know that SW works. Don't fret lovely, and I will try not too either ;)

xxx

Thank you so much for your replies!!

Answering your questions; I was doing lighter life before thus diet and yes I have only just started to go to the gym.

I will keep on, because I am really enjoying it!!

Thanks again xxx

Excellent advice as ever on this thread - just to add don't be disheartened! You are doing brilliantly :) xx

Back