A bit fed-up and disappointed- please help

Tanya c

Hi all, can anyone help? Need some advice.
I've been doing sw since beg of Aug and up until now, I've lost 2.5lb to date:(. Thing is, I lost about 5lb with the odd 1/2lb gain up until the 5th of sept (my b'day) and since then i've put on 7lb due to all the celebrations! week before last I lost 2.5 of the 7 that I put on and this last week I couldn't go cos I was ill.
It just feels awful and I'm not motivated as I put on more over my b'day and weighed more than when I first started:(:(.
Sorry to go on but I really loved this diet when I first started and it is so much better than ww or the cambridge that I've done in the past but I just can't stick to my 105 syns, I always go over by about 20. I have an underactive thyroid and having counselling for personal issues. Don't know whether this is affecting me. My thyroid has been checked and is stable.
WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME:mad: ??
Any advice greatly appreciated xxx

You know where you go wrong hun, you've had celebrations - so you've eaten, you've had personal problems - so you've eaten.

When you get the munchies, just reach for the free food. No one else can do it but you. You have to really really want it. If you feel like things in your life in general are out of your control, you know you could try and use food in a positive way. get the control back, only you controls what goes into your mouth - so make sure it's all good stuff and you'll be back on track in no time xx

Hiya Hun
this has happened to me in the past - and to many others too
many would have thrown in the towel - but not you - you come on here asking for help and advice - I think that is a wonderfully brave thing to do when feeling down

now my advice would be to not forget for one moment that it has worked for you in the past - and that you havent given up you are stronger than that

go right back to basics choose a day - preferably NOW draw a line under the past and start again - make this your restart

go back read the plan - choose your original green or ee days plan for them - remember to go back to weighing ALL your syns and healthy extras - no guessing
try to plan for smaller treats so making your syns go a bit further - eg if you want two biscuits have the one - if you want extra cheese have half and cut it into small cubes to savour

change some things - if you fancy chocolate try a hightlights hot choccy drink or stir one through a vanilla yoggy rather than eating chocolate
and GOOD luck :):)

I know how you feel. I've had mixed results too, but looking at your weight loss to date you've done absolutely brilliantly (much better than me!)
Ok, so you had a bad week, like Vixxster says, next time reach for the free food -bananas always do it for me (shhhhh!, but that's a whole different thread:D).
Move on and think about how much weight you have lost before. You can do it!

Thanks everyone! lots of love xxx

RIGHT! Just draw a line and start again! Do a food diary, write down fors and againsts losing weight. Do you want to be the same weight at Xmas? Would you like to drop a size by then?
Are you eating enough? Are you filling up on free food? If you are then you should hardly need any extras! It takes time and guidance to get to grips with this plan! You don't lose weight by cutting back! If you eat all you're allowed then you should never be hungry! Trust us it's true!

Back