A bit of a breakthrough for me

Don't punish yourself! ;)

You are in a very stressful situation and you've dealt with it the way you have learnt to. Be easy and forgiving - you want to make the best impression tomorrow don't you?

Beating yourself up about unwise food choices isn't going to help so why not go and do something else you enjoy and try to relax. Eat a healthy tea that will give you the nutrients you need to get through tomorrow - it doesn't have to be high calorie.

Something that can be helpful when you've made some mistakes during the day is to spend some time visualising the way you wished you had done it. See yourself worrying about the interview but turning down the crisps etc and choosing instead to do something constructive perhaps (just for example) sorting out your clothes or finding some way to relax. This will make it easier next time you are in a similar situation to choose a better way of coping.

Masses of good vibes coming your way for tomorrow.

Hiya Micci, sorry for the late reply I've only just worked out that you wrote something to me :D

I'm still not having a very good week, I'm still sticking to my calories or thereabouts but getting lazy with it. So I'm saying I 'think' this is 300 that'll do and not doing it properly and also eating junk food like pizzas and what not but obviously not as bad as before. I think I'm just very down this week, my weight isn't coming off very fast, I'm skint and unemployed graduate and it's all getting to me a bit and I just feel like giving up! I've just been shopping and got a bit more shopping so hopefully I'll have a bit more choice of what to eat now rather than convenience.

I think from your advice the best thing for me to do is to busy myself and find something to do instead of eating. It's hard though when I'm down and bored out of my brains :sigh:

Thank you though and hopefully I'll get to my goal soon enough! :)

Hi Bobinna,

I'm so glad you posted again, I was worried that I had offended you. Skint .... yeah I'm in that position too ... its not a load of fun particularly when you are responsible for children and want to give them so much more than you can.

Identifying that you are eating because you are bored sounds very positive. Have you thought of what you can do to make life more interesting? How was the interview?

M xxx

Nooooo, why would you have offended me! :D At least I'm not responsible for anyone, only myself *hugs*.

I'm not doing well on my diet to be honest even though I'm not eating that much the pounds are just not shifting. So, today I've decided to try Weight Watchers but because I'm skint I don't know what points I should be on or what points the food have in them, lol. Relying on some dodgy calculators on the internet for information :D Sounds bad but it seems you can't do anything without money these days, I'd love to go out for the day but you need to pay for the train, or go to the cinema costs money grrrr. Interview went as bad as I'd imagined, I must sound like a nutter when I get my words mixed up because I'm so nervous! Thing is, I know I can do it and I'd be good at the jobs too nevermind whatever will be will be. Thanks for asking though.

Hows life for you?

My life? Thanks for asking. Pretty crap atm but it will pass. What about some voluntary work? I know even that's hard to get now with so many unemployed but if you could get something interesting where they paid your fares it would look good on your CV.

My counselling is going well and to help me get through this patch of my life I was reminded of a technique I'd learnt before that could well help with your anxiety in interviews.

First you need to remember a time when you felt really positive and good about yourself and the world.

When you have identified a good memory you get into it as much as possible, remember the sounds and sights and smells, even texture and feelings.

I don't know anything about WW but a lot of the SW stuff is available here and there online.

PM me if you want

Then make a physical gesture that you will associate with that experience of feeling good.

You will find that you can bring back the memory and feeling by doing the physical gesture.

Here is a page that goes into more depth on this technique.

Anchoring Techniques: Practice These NLP Anchoring Techniques Frequently

Wow you two... Sounds like you could both use a friend.....count me in.. Message me anytime you need to offload or just chat...I'm a great listener :) xx

My life? Thanks for asking. Pretty crap atm but it will pass. What about some voluntary work? I know even that's hard to get now with so many unemployed but if you could get something interesting where they paid your fares it would look good on your CV.

My counselling is going well and to help me get through this patch of my life I was reminded of a technique I'd learnt before that could well help with your anxiety in interviews.

First you need to remember a time when you felt really positive and good about yourself and the world.

When you have identified a good memory you get into it as much as possible, remember the sounds and sights and smells, even texture and feelings.

I don't know anything about WW but a lot of the SW stuff is available here and there online.

PM me if you want

Then make a physical gesture that you will associate with that experience of feeling good.

You will find that you can bring back the memory and feeling by doing the physical gesture.

Here is a page that goes into more depth on this technique.

Anchoring Techniques: Practice These NLP Anchoring Techniques Frequently

I'm really sorry that your life is crap hun, if you want to talk about it then I'm here for you :) I have really good listening skills (or should I say typing skills! ;))

I've applied for voluntary work, just for something to do and also to get some experience which is what everyone seems to want these days! I've been waiting days for a response but nothing yet, who knew offering your services for free would be so difficult :confused:

Glad your counselling is going well and I will try that technique thanks, I'll have to work hard to search my memory to remember a good time, it's been a while haha.

I've been perusing the WW stuff and there's a lot of useful recipes but upto press I'm starving hehe. :eek: How's your diet going?

I'll check out that link tomorrow when I can focus properly, thanks again!

Sigourney, we should start a group or something :p If you need to chat or anything the same applies to you just message me :) xx

Bobbina said:
I'm really sorry that your life is crap hun, if you want to talk about it then I'm here for you :) I have really good listening skills (or should I say typing skills! ;))

I've applied for voluntary work, just for something to do and also to get some experience which is what everyone seems to want these days! I've been waiting days for a response but nothing yet, who knew offering your services for free would be so difficult :confused:

Glad your counselling is going well and I will try that technique thanks, I'll have to work hard to search my memory to remember a good time, it's been a while haha.

I've been perusing the WW stuff and there's a lot of useful recipes but upto press I'm starving hehe. :eek: How's your diet going?

I'll check out that link tomorrow when I can focus properly, thanks again!

Sigourney, we should start a group or something :p If you need to chat or anything the same applies to you just message me :) xx

Sounds good ... I have no idea how to though... But would be nice to have somewhere that a few of us could check in and see who needs s lift or just a vent... Maybe even a giggle lol... Basically somewhere to share the day ...:) ... Do you know how to ? X

Hello Sigourney, I've had a quick look but can't see anything there's so many options :/ I guess we could just start a thread in the general section? Eeeee dunno! x

Bobbina said:
Hello Sigourney, I've had a quick look but can't see anything there's so many options :/ I guess we could just start a thread in the general section? Eeeee dunno! x

Yeah let me ponder ... And I'll message you tomorrow with any thoughts :) x

Well done for recognizing the underlying reasons for over-eating.

Personally, one i'm asleep nothing can wake me up, even if i'm starving! lol, my mother on the other hand will wake up mid night to get some food.

Yeah let me ponder ... And I'll message you tomorrow with any thoughts :) x

I like the idea a lot but my difficulties are to do with the mental health status of family members so I don't feel comfortable talking about my situation on a pubic forum like this ... brilliant idea to have an area for supporting each other through hard times.

Micci said:
I like the idea a lot but my difficulties are to do with the mental health status of family members so I don't feel comfortable talking about my situation on a pubic forum like this ... brilliant idea to have an area for supporting each other through hard times.

I have just started a thread because restarting tomorrow and really worried.... Cos gone carb crazy....but that's a different issue...right tell you what I'll start one in the relationship section ok... I'll do it now..."Need support ? We are here for you" .... Sound ok...? ... Oh and private message me anytime you need me ... Ok ! X

Back