a bit of a mess

kingiejules

Just found out my class are making myself and another teacher a three course dinner next week to say thank you for all we have done over the year for them. I think this is such a nice gesture for them to do as they are really the disadvantaged group in the school. I know it will be a set back but its not like I can say no and the last thing I would want to do is offend them and knock their confidence. Any ideas or advice?

That's really sweet of them to do some thing like that :) if eating doesn't put u off sticking to the diet then maybe eat a little bit..or u could push the food around the plate like ur eating (sounds mad i know) I'm not sure wot I'd do in that situation I can understand u not wanting to afford them

Thats a difficult one - is there anyway you can influence the menu? Maybe then you can make some really good choices, without going off course or offending anyone. xx

Yeah I told them that I'm on a really special diet for allergies and can only eat really low sugar and low calory foods like fish and chicken with green vegetables. they told me it was a three course too so Starter is vegetable soup and then desert is a cake thing but i may just take a spoonful of it and tell them i am stuffed. I was thinking of just eating half of each (bar dessert) because i wouldnt be offending them really and that. not sure. my pharmacist is away this week so he gave me extra shakes and that and cant get into contact with him as to what to do :(

Your idea sounds good - to just eat half of each course and pretend to eat the cake. It's a pain but in life we have to give in control sometimes, and especially for such a sweet cause. xx

Yes a difficult one; eating protein and no carbs will help keep you in Ketosis. As for the cake; I would take a sandwich box in your handbag and say that you will take that home because you are full - and it is what you always do - make a joke of it.

Back