A bit of slow cooker advice please?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by mommyB, 3 November 2009 Social URL.

1. mommyB

mommyB love it

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.87%)
    Have recently bought a slowc ooker and really please with so far,but want to try and cook my sunday lunch in it-probably a chicken.
    Can anyone just tell me exactly how to do this ( no real instructions with my mine) . i think i stand it on the veg/spuds do i add any liquid ? And does any fat run out of the meat onto the veg does it affect the syns

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. LucyJayne

LucyJayne Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hiya
    I stand my chicken on rolled up balls of foil, no added liquid as whilst its cooking it will make more than enough liquid to cover the pot. I put mine on first thing in the morning and leave it cook until we are ready for lunch depending on what time lunch is I either cook on high or low! I stuff it with a lemon cut in half and sprinkle with black pepper . . yummy!! Ive not put mine on any veggies so dont know how that would affect syns ~ I guess it would be up there with using meat juices as gravy and such :confused:

4. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Starting again!!

Start Weight:
    19st8lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2.5lb(11.13%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Yup, just chicken on it's own (upside down so the juices run into the breast ;) ) That's all folks! You can add garlic & other herbs if you want.

5. mommyB

mommyB love it

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.87%)
    Thanks both-sounds simple!!!

6. LucyJayne

LucyJayne Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Ooo thanks Claire I hadnt thought of putting it in upside down :) shall give that a go this week!!

7. mommyB

mommyB love it

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.87%)
    i can see us cooking our chrstmas duck in it !!!

8. SLACK ALICE

SLACK ALICE Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4lb(21.51%)
    Diet:
    SLIMMING WORLD
    ooh never thought of doing that with the foil
    i cooked a chiciken in mine - I put in 2 carrots , leek,pepper and water and some sage. We took off all the skin of the breast and removed the wings- they are for flapping ,not eating LOL . then cooked it on high for about 3 hours , I must say that although it had been in water for all that time it was a bit dry , but all the same the flavour of the sage had gone right through it and it was nice ..mmm

9. aimeesmumy2007

aimeesmumy2007 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I cant get enough of my slow cooker! Twice ive done a whole chicken with carrots, onion, diced potatoes with the skin on & add 450ml of Knorr chicken stock. Its gorge!! This sunday just gone I done a whole chicken in chicken oxo with sage herbs on top of the chicken, the whole house smelt delish!! The chicken had a lovely taste too!

I havent actually turned a chicken upside down yet though lol

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.