Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

A bit of slow cooker advice please?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by mommyB, 3 November 2009 Social URL.

1. mommyB

mommyB love it

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.87%)
    Have recently bought a slowc ooker and really please with so far,but want to try and cook my sunday lunch in it-probably a chicken.
    Can anyone just tell me exactly how to do this ( no real instructions with my mine) . i think i stand it on the veg/spuds do i add any liquid ? And does any fat run out of the meat onto the veg does it affect the syns

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. LucyJayne

LucyJayne Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hiya
    I stand my chicken on rolled up balls of foil, no added liquid as whilst its cooking it will make more than enough liquid to cover the pot. I put mine on first thing in the morning and leave it cook until we are ready for lunch depending on what time lunch is I either cook on high or low! I stuff it with a lemon cut in half and sprinkle with black pepper . . yummy!! Ive not put mine on any veggies so dont know how that would affect syns ~ I guess it would be up there with using meat juices as gravy and such :confused:

4. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Starting again!!

Start Weight:
    19st8lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2.5lb(11.13%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Yup, just chicken on it's own (upside down so the juices run into the breast ;) ) That's all folks! You can add garlic & other herbs if you want.

5. mommyB

mommyB love it

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.87%)
    Thanks both-sounds simple!!!

6. LucyJayne

LucyJayne Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Ooo thanks Claire I hadnt thought of putting it in upside down :) shall give that a go this week!!

7. mommyB

mommyB love it

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.87%)
    i can see us cooking our chrstmas duck in it !!!

8. SLACK ALICE

SLACK ALICE Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4lb(21.51%)
    Diet:
    SLIMMING WORLD
    ooh never thought of doing that with the foil
    i cooked a chiciken in mine - I put in 2 carrots , leek,pepper and water and some sage. We took off all the skin of the breast and removed the wings- they are for flapping ,not eating LOL . then cooked it on high for about 3 hours , I must say that although it had been in water for all that time it was a bit dry , but all the same the flavour of the sage had gone right through it and it was nice ..mmm

9. aimeesmumy2007

aimeesmumy2007 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I cant get enough of my slow cooker! Twice ive done a whole chicken with carrots, onion, diced potatoes with the skin on & add 450ml of Knorr chicken stock. Its gorge!! This sunday just gone I done a whole chicken in chicken oxo with sage herbs on top of the chicken, the whole house smelt delish!! The chicken had a lovely taste too!

I havent actually turned a chicken upside down yet though lol

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.