A BLOODY POUND

excellent response KD just one pound every week makes 52 in a year. Better one pound off than one pound on.

i am so glad i have read this, i am due to start my diet in a few days time, i am not going to expect too much or get depressed if i only lose 1lb as you all so rightly say, a loss is a loss!! TY

Hello, do you know me?
If you don't you should. I'm a pound of fat, and I'm the happiest pound of fat that you would ever want to meet. Want to know why?

It's because no one ever wants to lose me; I'm Only One Pound, just a pound. Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds or fifteen pounds, but never only one, so I just stick around and happily keep you fat.

Then I add to myself ever so slyly so that you never seem to notice it, that is until I've grown to ten, twenty or even more pounds in weight. Yes, it's fun being Only One Pound of fat, left to do as I please.

So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying "Oh, I only lost one pound." (as if that were such a terrible thing!)

For you see, if you do this you'll encourage others to keep me around because they will think I'm not worth losing. And I love being around you - your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you. Happy Days!!

After all, I'm Only One Pound of fat!!!
--------------------------
You'll probably have a great weigh in next week:clap:

what wonderfull words ..im going to remember this ..ty kd x

i lost "just a pound" last week too - gutting. but then i realised thats about 9 packs of butter, and 8ish sausages! i felt loads better! xxx

Wow, I lost a pound this week and wasn't too chuffed about it but now... Well, I'll never moan about it again. I wish I'd read this post before because I'm actually really proud of myself now.

Thank you guys, I can always count on this forum to make me proud of myself, you guys are amazing! :D

This post is fantastic and gets a big 2 thumbs up from me!! Made me feel so much better about a recent 1lb week!!

Don't worry about it only being a pound, larger people lose weight quicker, so if you've lost weight in a short amount of time, and aren't anymore just think your body has to slow down or you'd lose it too fast.

Don't give up or get upset, just keep pushing to lose the rest! G.Luck x
I've only just set up my account so i don't know what i'm doing XD

I am definitely printing that off and keeping it in my food diary :) Thanks!

Hello, do you know me?
If you don't you should. I'm a pound of fat, and I'm the happiest pound of fat that you would ever want to meet. Want to know why?

It's because no one ever wants to lose me; I'm Only One Pound, just a pound. Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds or fifteen pounds, but never only one, so I just stick around and happily keep you fat.

Then I add to myself ever so slyly so that you never seem to notice it, that is until I've grown to ten, twenty or even more pounds in weight. Yes, it's fun being Only One Pound of fat, left to do as I please.

So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying "Oh, I only lost one pound." (as if that were such a terrible thing!)

For you see, if you do this you'll encourage others to keep me around because they will think I'm not worth losing. And I love being around you - your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you. Happy Days!!

Awesome.... so inspiring, helps me get over the fact that my weight loss this week will likely not be very good... but its all a bit closer to that goal! x

I think I will have to print that post out too :) Its very good!

I work in kilos and grams usually (living in Holland) and a couple of weeks ago I lost 2 grams.... it seemed totally pathetic and I was so disappointed. Then the week later I put on 2 grams and was even more devastated. I realised later that I was really upset at losing 'only' 2 grams the week before as it seemed so little, but when I put it ON it seemed like a mountain! Its just not rational is it :)

Now I am telling myself regularly (and started to convince myself) that ANY weight loss is good no matter how much or how little, its all heading the right way to my goal.

Well done on your loss so far- any loss great or small is better than a gain right?

- starting to walk 1 hour four times a week would have probably started to make your legs a little more muscular - making you gain a bit muscle weight, which is always a good thing ;)

Yep chum chums your right one pound a week works out to 4 stone a year if only I thought of it like that before, because in my previous diets when I would only lose a pound I would end up self sabotaging my diet and then start piling the pounds on.

Hello, do you know me?

thanks for this made me smile as i am feed up today second weigh in and i only lost 1lb as well :)

Back