A BLOODY POUND

Would be quite happy to lose a pound every week = 4 stone in a year. Imagine how unachievable it would seem to say on January 1st, right I'm going to shift 4 stone by the end of the year. But saying I am to lose a measly 1lb a week - well that sounds much more do able. High five to everyone who "only lose a 1lb" this week! :)

This is an amazing thread. I am worried I have either STS or lost just 1 lb terrified about my weigh in tomorrow. But this has made me feel better.

I just joined today and reading this thread brought tears to my eyes. I have printed it off already and stuck it in a wee frame in my bedroom!

ah yeah that was a great point to make but also the one about looking at a pound of lard or butter ! I always get disheartened when i lose a pound but you are all correct x thank u for putting that in perspective x will try and remember it when i get on the scales

Really love that reply KD, I think I'll cut, paste and print and stick it on my fridge x

Wow thanks for this
Hello, do you know me?
If you don't you should. I'm a pound of fat, and I'm the happiest pound of fat that you would ever want to meet. Want to know why?

It's because no one ever wants to lose me; I'm Only One Pound, just a pound. Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds or fifteen pounds, but never only one, so I just stick around and happily keep you fat.

Then I add to myself ever so slyly so that you never seem to notice it, that is until I've grown to ten, twenty or even more pounds in weight. Yes, it's fun being Only One Pound of fat, left to do as I please.

So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying "Oh, I only lost one pound." (as if that were such a terrible thing!)

For you see, if you do this you'll encourage others to keep me around because they will think I'm not worth losing. And I love being around you - your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you. Happy Days!!

After all, I'm Only One Pound of fat!!!
--------------------------
You'll probably have a great weigh in next week:clap:

Hello, do you know me?
If you don't you should. I'm a pound of fat, and I'm the happiest pound of fat that you would ever want to meet. Want to know why?

It's because no one ever wants to lose me; I'm Only One Pound, just a pound. Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds or fifteen pounds, but never only one, so I just stick around and happily keep you fat.

Then I add to myself ever so slyly so that you never seem to notice it, that is until I've grown to ten, twenty or even more pounds in weight. Yes, it's fun being Only One Pound of fat, left to do as I please.

So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying "Oh, I only lost one pound." (as if that were such a terrible thing!)

For you see, if you do this you'll encourage others to keep me around because they will think I'm not worth losing. And I love being around you - your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you. Happy Days!!

Enjoyed this, so giving it a bump up :)

I lost 2lb after a awful week, back on track this week hopefully, 2-3lb off please!

I ONLY lost 1lb this week too... but at least I didnt put it on... which is the way I look at it... slow and steady I am going this time. I wonder where I have lost it though... it always makes me smile... ...we can see where it all is... .but where does it all go... :confused:

My hubby got on the scales and has lost in total 6.5 lbs in 3 weeks... he can actually do his suit jacket up now and is "ded chuffed"

Loving the great post on the first page! 2nd week I've just lost a lb but pretty much half a stone down now and into the next stone bracket. Proud that I've lost weight at all, I rarely stick to these things! x

Hello, do you know me?

VERY VERY inspiring.... Thank you xx

Hello, do you know me?

I'm going to print this out and read it each weigh-in!

I really like KD's post it reminds me that every pound counts! Hope I've made progress I get weighed tomorrow :)
fingers crossed*

hi guys help needed !!! i have gained splatno1 1lb i have changed from ww to sw (doing this at home btw) last week i lost 4lb great this week i put on 1lb despite being good where am i going wron is it just the change over thing or what seriously not impressed any advice would be gladly recieved cheers in advance

Back