A Brave New World

MrsR24

I have dabbled with other diets in the past but was blown away by the menus in the slimming world magazine that I was browsing in the supermarket on Sunday - they're so "normal". I purchased it and shared it with my husband who I have sold the idea to. A quick sign up process got me access to the world of slimming!

So here we are, day 4. We have managed to keep each other on track although I do keep getting emails from dominoes (which is tempting!) and my love for chocolate has been distracted...for now.

We have tried some of the recipes from the magazine and website but they are becoming same-y already. I suppose it is becoming familiar with what I can and shouldn't eat and just being experimental. Am I really allowed that double burger with bacon from the website?! I must be more adventurous and embrace the "naughty" foods that other diets would frown upon!

As an example, we are eating a lot of tomato based dishes, peppers and pasta. Tonight I am delving into chips. Chips - on a diet - its a brave new world! :p

And so the adventure continues...

I just weighed myself and already, I've lost 3lbs! Unbelievable. My OH has lost 8lbs.

Just hope I can keep going strong :)

That is great, well done. I am a new starter too. x

Thanks ladies! I stumbled upon this website - its great. I had the chicken and chips from the August magazine recipe - yummy!
My only stumbling block is that I'm off on holiday next week :eek:

Week one is over. I was doing really well until the weekend as I was celebrating my first wedding anniversary. Although I was more informed about my decisions on food - the alcohol won. It's not completely disastrous as all in all I have lost 3lbs this week. Also, I am not weighing myself now until I'm supposed to as I'm starting to get a little obsessed with it all.
Right - here we go week 2, ready or not.....

Back