A Core Question...

Starlight

Gold Member
Noooo not for me, its for my mum whos decided to do Core :)

We're having a Chinese take away tomorrow night for my brothers birthday, what would you recommend for being best on Core?

Also how many activity points can you work up/use on Core??

I'm not sure about activity points but thought it was 12 a week same as on points. Lydia's your expert on that one.

Chinese-wise, I'd always go for a chow mein. I'd have a mushroom one but I'm veggie anyway. Chicken or prawns are core foods though and so are noodles so she'd probably only need to count a couple of points for the oil.

I second that Karen - Just pointing the ingredients that aren't core.

Technically if you are eating more than 2 non core ingredients in a meal then you are supposed to point the whole meal, but in reality very few people do that and the majority only point the non core items ie oil - which seems sensible to me. Hope you mum enjoyed the chinese.

As for activity points WW changed the rules on this about a year ago and you can now eat as many of your activity points as you want (or as few).

Hi Lydia

What about Beef in gravey, as both these are core, but its a ready made thing. How does that work?

Thanks

I'm a vegetarian but if I have veggie gravy when I was on Core I always pointed it as its a processed food so I would point it at 1/2 point per 75g serving. Although if you make your own gravy from scratch then I can't see why that can't be Core and just point the thickening agents if you use any.

Oh, I only asked about that food, because both the gravey and the beef slices are core. But this is a pack from Tesco with both foods in, so wondered if its a bend of the core rules?

Bet it has flour or cornflour in which isn't Core ingredients. I would look at the ingredients and point the non core items.

Back