A couple of questions about Xenical.

Ness

The Weight Loss Monster
Hello everyone.
I've just skipped over from the WW section to ask a couple of questions of you good people.
I've been dieting for a month and a half with WW. I'm loving it but it's a real slog. I currently weigh in at 12 st 10 lbs and my bmi is 33. My questions are:

• Will my GP be ok about prescribing me Xenical?
  • Is Xenical ok to take while doing a Weight Watchers diet?
  • Does the weight go back on when you stop taking it?

Right, sorry for the Spanish Inquision :eek:, I'm just frustrated that my weight loss is slowing to a crawl and all this weight is exhaughsting me.
Thank you in advance for your help.:D

Yes your GP *could* in theory prescribe Xenical ( given your BMI), and yes you can take Xenical while doing WW.
The weight will only go back if you do not change your life style/eating habits and you go back to old eating habits, much the same if you stopped any diet to be honest.
It's certainly not a miracle drug that will speed up your weight loss though. I've found that the closer I get to target weight, the slower my weight loss, and I think that is possibly what's happening with you Ness.
I'm not saying that you shouldn't go on Xenical, not at all, but I think you need to talk this over with your GP and or your WW consultant.
I think that if you are steadily losing weight on WW then maybe stick with it hun?

i agree with ali , (shes knows her stuff)

my thoughts on xenical are that they dont actually make you loose the weight its the lifestyle changes you make with xenical that do the work..

if you have a steady loss id stick to what your doing ... any weightlosss slows right down teh smalller you get xxx

well im 14st 7 at the min and my bmi is around 30 and im lossing 1 - 2lbs a week. im also going to gym 3-4 times a week. so i guess it just slows down the smaller you get! You could try upping your exercise a little! It will also give u more energy too if u r feelin tired!!!

luv katie
xxx

Thank you all very much. I've listened to what you've all said and I totally agree with you, I think it's best I stick with WW for now... At least I am actually loosing weight! :)

Thank you for all the excellent advice, it really means a lot. :D

Back