A de-lurking hello!

Kkimi88

Hi, my name's Kim, I'm 20 and have been 'dieting' on and off for as long as I can remember! I know we (or at least 'I') say this every time but this time it really does feels different, possibly because my I have my wonderful boyfriend supporting me (he's a massive inspiration as a few years ago he lost around 3 stone and last year completed his first marathon :D) along with this amazing site. Anyway, I'm hoping to lose at least 2.5 stone for our holiday in September and have managed to drop just over 8lb in the last 5 weeks (albeit mostly those excess Christmas pounds!) Alas, I'm faltering slightly at the moment as I seem to have already hit the infamous 'plateau' stage, having only lost around 1/2 lb over the last week :sigh: I know I should be grateful but between this and other uni-related stresses I'm feeling a tad despondent about it all. It has, however, also been my TOTM, was wondering whether this was a contributor to weight fluctuations? And am just being a little shameless in this bid for support lol.

(Also, I should probably have said- I'm calorie counting and trying to eat about 1,200 a day. I'm swimming for an hour and a half 1-2 times a week and doing about 200 sit ups and 15 press ups a day, and trying to walk much more. Last week I tried upping my calories in case the plateau was as a result of that, to no avail.)

sounds good to me! welcome and good luck :) xxx

Yep all sounds good to me too.
Don't get despondent just stick with it. Also make sure you are counting everything, it's easy to forget little things but they soon add up.

Hi, thanks for the support, today was weigh in day and I've managed to shift 2 and 1/4 (that 1/4 makes all the difference :p) pounds :D. Feeling pretty relieved that last week was just an off-week!

Back