A de-lurking hello!

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by Kkimi88, 19 February 2009 Social URL.

1. Kkimi88

Kkimi88 Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet SS+
    Hi, my name's Kim, I'm 20 and have been 'dieting' on and off for as long as I can remember! I know we (or at least 'I') say this every time but this time it really does feels different, possibly because my I have my wonderful boyfriend supporting me (he's a massive inspiration as a few years ago he lost around 3 stone and last year completed his first marathon :D) along with this amazing site. Anyway, I'm hoping to lose at least 2.5 stone for our holiday in September and have managed to drop just over 8lb in the last 5 weeks (albeit mostly those excess Christmas pounds!) Alas, I'm faltering slightly at the moment as I seem to have already hit the infamous 'plateau' stage, having only lost around 1/2 lb over the last week :sigh: I know I should be grateful but between this and other uni-related stresses I'm feeling a tad despondent about it all. It has, however, also been my TOTM, was wondering whether this was a contributor to weight fluctuations? And am just being a little shameless in this bid for support lol.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Kkimi88

Kkimi88 Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet SS+
    (Also, I should probably have said- I'm calorie counting and trying to eat about 1,200 a day. I'm swimming for an hour and a half 1-2 times a week and doing about 200 sit ups and 15 press ups a day, and trying to walk much more. Last week I tried upping my calories in case the plateau was as a result of that, to no avail.)

4. missrachyp

missrachyp Full Member

Diet:
    calorie counting
    sounds good to me! welcome and good luck :) xxx

5. Debzi

Debzi Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st0lb(35.29%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Yep all sounds good to me too.
    Don't get despondent just stick with it. Also make sure you are counting everything, it's easy to forget little things but they soon add up.

6. abz

abz Gold Member

hey there. welcome and good luck with it :) sounds like you are one fit bunny!!

abz xx

7. Kkimi88

Kkimi88 Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet SS+
    Hi, thanks for the support, today was weigh in day and I've managed to shift 2 and 1/4 (that 1/4 makes all the difference :p) pounds :D. Feeling pretty relieved that last week was just an off-week!

8. abz

abz Gold Member

well done hon :D

abz xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.