A diary of a slimming world consultant

Thanks caretaker, this weeks going by in a blur! I had my group last night but just observing i did the new member talk to 5 new, which was my first time! The lady on relief forgot her pda so was late weighing, people walked out etc no Very happy. People saying they were leaving group, they have had enough. Its knocked me a little and made me question everything. I had to do my first interest table last night also as there wa nothing at all jusr a sad raffle and a slimmer of the week basket! I guess ill carry on, but you do keep getting the knocks it is hard to stay positive.

Oh Alice that sounds a dreadful experience for you and for members which I'm sure Sw is NOT about!!
Just think how you can change these members experiences by being the best you can be - being organised, thoughtful and helpful!
Please see this as a positive in so far that you can improve so many people's lives

Chin up chuck xxxx

Thanks caretaker, this weeks going by in a blur! I had my group last night but just observing i did the new member talk to 5 new, which was my first time! The lady on relief forgot her pda so was late weighing, people walked out etc no Very happy. People saying they were leaving group, they have had enough. Its knocked me a little and made me question everything. I had to do my first interest table last night also as there wa nothing at all jusr a sad raffle and a slimmer of the week basket! I guess ill carry on, but you do keep getting the knocks it is hard to stay positive.

Shame she forgot her PDA but we are all human, we all make mistakes and forget things - I've got to group without scales before ( essential bit of kit BUT I am only human! ) my consultant card has been taken ( no image therapy with the PDA ). These things happen.
Running a group on relief is hard, she might not want to run that group but someone has to, hence the sad raffle. When I do relief it's normally a book from the shop. Members don't like relief either, we get set in our ways with our consultants, wait until you go on hols - not many stay to group (or come to group) when you are away, this is why a lot don't tell their group they are off!
Im not being negative here, just trying to put a different spin on things. If the group is rock bottom when you take it, it can only get better - it can't be that bad though if she's getting 5 new!!!

It's always good to look for the positives in dreadful situations Alice and as Caretaker says, you had 5 newbies so all is not lost. I thought you had to observe TD groups? But I guess as you are taking this group on that would be why.
I too am relaunching a relief group and although it's not til January I can't wait!!
I know I've got the chore of leafleting over Xmas but hey ho - plenty if body magic for me!! Will be asking for help from friends too - love em!
Xx

It's always good to look for the positives in dreadful situations Alice and as Caretaker says, you had 5 newbies so all is not lost. I thought you had to observe TD groups? But I guess as you are taking this group on that would be why.
I too am relaunching a relief group and although it's not til January I can't wait!!
I know I've got the chore of leafleting over Xmas but hey ho - plenty if body magic for me!! Will be asking for help from friends too - love em!
Xx

Im not caretaker ;-)

You don't have to observe TD groups. You are meant to observe two or three successful groups. If you are taking over an existing group, you would normally go in for a good few weeks prior to relaunch to get to know the members.

Sorry only know what I have been told by my TD and DM.
No offence meant xx

Correctly since april which is a real head start when you hear some people on the training. You just start doubting yourself when you get a few knocks but i know it will be fine.

hi everyone, i know this thread is quite old but hope that there is someone on here that may give an insight. i too have been to an opportunities event and decided to 'go for it' despite the upfront fees. my interview appointment has, to say the least ,been a whirl wind of yes this day, no sorry that day and time, oh sorry again this time! i have been nothing but open and accomadating to every change but when i needed to cancel my interview due to problems beyond my control i have been blanked! i had said i was still interested but would had to put it off for a few months. i have also read that the amount of earnings isnt exactly what was 'promised' at the meeting either, most people are saying they earn only £25-£30 per meeting, not going to feed my family is it?! i am prepared to do all the promoting it takes and know that it will be hard work to build up a group, but is it worth such a large outlay for such a small return?

I would suggest reading all this thread. It might take a bit of time but you will get a very wide insight into it all.

People are doing well, people have started and handed their notice in quickly. It's not for everyone and no, you won't feed your family. I see it as pocket money!

Good morning happy people
Bit misty out there today!
How's it all going? Xx

Okay so the earnings are not massive. But the amaizing feeling of watching others lose that weight in group is truly priceless. Whilst remembering it is a business and you get out exactly what you put in. I didn't "fast track"and am on 25% earnings. But the tortoise won the race. I work full time and don't drive- so can't give 100% to the promotion and that's why my group isn't massive. But it is growing. Slowly. And its about them and not about me after all. So it's my business which is my hobby. Took it on knowing this.

Got my pre-training meeting tomorrow in Luton
Anyone else doing their HQ training 1st & 2nd November?
Of the consultants, can you let me know how you store your certificates and awards (stickers) so that they are easy to use and access? What sort of box please and where did you get them?
Also, anyone got a cash box that they really would recommend??
Many thanks in anticipation xx

Im about to do my first class and exhausted got another leaflet drop today. Confused how can I make money if new members packs are showing as £10. Each in my stock but new members are £9.95 how does that work out any consultants enlighten me.

I'm quite new myself have only held 2 groups, maybe the £10 one is for when members have lost theirs and need a replacement? I don't know x

I ran my third group this week and it was amazing :) i had two new members so i'm still short of fast tracking by two but thats not the be all and end all for me any more, my group for the second week in a row didn't gain, not one of them :) thats a great acheivment and some thing i'm really proud of them for ;) the whole meeting from NMT the IT was fantastic and at the end of the group they clapped again which is such a lift after you have put so much in to it. I really feel that if i have another group or two like this i'll be offering to do relief cover for other groups i loved it this week and can't wait till my next i have days 3 and 4 training this week so i'll be missing them :( but i'll be back.................as they say :)

I ran my third group this week and it was amazing :) i had two new members so i'm still short of fast tracking by two but thats not the be all and end all for me any more, my group for the second week in a row didn't gain, not one of them :) thats a great acheivment and some thing i'm really proud of them for ;) the whole meeting from NMT the IT was fantastic and at the end of the group they clapped again which is such a lift after you have put so much in to it. I really feel that if i have another group or two like this i'll be offering to do relief cover for other groups i loved it this week and can't wait till my next i have days 3 and 4 training this week so i'll be missing them :( but i'll be back.................as they say :)

great at your enjoying it enjoy day 3&4. :)

Fabulous Caretaker! So reassuring to hear how things are going
I did my pre- training mtg yesterday & go to HQ next Friday/Saturday. Feeling really inspired & raring to go - lots of reading and exams ahead in the next for days but looking forward totl the challenge!! X

Back