A diary of a slimming world consultant

Just thought I would let you all know how I got on on my first night. Well apart from not eating all day, crying on and off all day, not knowing what I was doing. All my hard work paid off, as in total I had 32 new members so I have fast tracked and taken my group from a Y up to a C group. So I'm really pleased, the only thing is is that I have to do it all again next week. But still don't know what I'm doing!

That's fantastic Alice! Bet you feel fab!!
I have done my 1st 2 days training and am home again now. Loved it!
I'm so pleased for you - hope I have similar success xxxx

Just thought I would let you all know how I got on on my first night. Well apart from not eating all day, crying on and off all day, not knowing what I was doing. All my hard work paid off, as in total I had 32 new members so I have fast tracked and taken my group from a Y up to a C group. So I'm really pleased, the only thing is is that I have to do it all again next week. But still don't know what I'm doing!

That's fantastic Alice, well done, just like Sarah, I have been going for 5 weeks I have 28 members but have not been able to get them in on the same day :( so have not fast tracked yet :( I have to say I'm very upset about it I have put all the posters out and all the leaflets and of course being half term didn't help :( but I'll keep going I think the thing that hurts the most is the fact that all the established C's keep saying "oh, your so lucky you have a Saturday group it's going to FLY! And it will soon take off!" But as of yet :( :( as I said I'll keep going I want this to work. Keep going Sarah, it will have to happen for us eventually...................surely :)

That's fantastic Alice, well done, just like Sarah, I have been going for 5 weeks I have 28 members but have not been able to get them in on the same day :( so have not fast tracked yet :( I have to say I'm very upset about it I have put all the posters out and all the leaflets and of course being half term didn't help :( but I'll keep going I think the thing that hurts the most is the fact that all the established C's keep saying "oh, your so lucky you have a Saturday group it's going to FLY! And it will soon take off!" But as of yet :( :( as I said I'll keep going I want this to work. Keep going Sarah, it will have to happen for us eventually...................surely :)

I'm sorry your feeling a bit down, is your group a relaunch or a new group? My first night was so scary, looking out at all those people. There must have been nearly 50 people in my first session. Now I'm getting worried about having to do image therapy to them all this week. My TD has just stepped down and I really don't know what I'm doing and I've got many DM to assess me, but I don't know what to do. My head is in a mess to say the least.

My group was a brand new group. I completed all the prongs but I had my A frame stolen the first time I used it and my editorial didn't go into my local paper until my group had been running for three weeks. I hit stage 1 on my 2nd week but you need to keep the magic 25 for 6 weeks and if the numbers drop (which has happened to me) you have to start all over again. I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with numbers too Caretaker. I keep being told that numbers will pick up after half term and that things will be booming after Christmas!! We shall see!! But on the plus side, I love being a consultant, I love helping my members on their journey's and it gives me a buzz seeing how well they are doing. Those reasons alone spur me on to keep going!

Been to op event im so excited about doing this. I have only been on my sw journey 30 weeks and I've lost 7st 6lbs.hopefuly if all goes well days 1&2 wil be on 29th-30th November. I live in northern ireland is anyone else on here training then ?

Last edited:
Well you lovely lot I had 6 members on holiday and 4 new so I had 21 people there for IT , it was amazing 64 lb off and 1 1/2 gain ( the gain was a transfer coming to me ) I gave out 2 half stone awards and my hubby lost 8 1/2 my son 5 and two of my social team lost 7 and 5 .... It was simply amazing loads of food talk and recipes ...
Off Tom to Derby for days 3/4 so busy getting the paperwork ready .....

So to sum it up I earnt £18 as I've not fast tracked but no money compared to the feeling I got when I have out those awards ...
So aim is to get to 40 % within 6 weeks and keep loving and learning xxx

Hi there, hope you don't mind me asking, but can you tell me how I go about transferring to a different consultant/day?

Hi there, hope you don't mind me asking, but can you tell me how I go about transferring to a different consultant/day?

I believe if you go along to the new group that you want to transfer to and let the consultant there know, they will be able to request the transfer for you.

I've been reading this thread for the past week, I had my interview last week and have just found out that I've been accepted and will be going to training on the 28th and 29th.

Looking forward to this new chapter!

It is very inspiring and motivating !! The trainers are very passionate and enthusiastic!
Must mention the ladies loos!! Very glamorous!
Enjoy xx

i know i feel the same i have just finished my editorial . just carnt wait to see everyone at derby
You will love it ! The enthusiasm is infectious!! Great place especially the meals and toilets!! Lol xxx

Back