A diary of a slimming world consultant

sorry it's been hectic or else I would have replied sooner.

Well I've done the job before with WW so I know a lot of what is involved really although SW is a different company and has a different way of doing things. I had read every page of this thread before I went to the OP event so really everything was a repeat from here I found. I guess the main thing I wanted to find out was the exact cost of a franchise/s and what we got for it!

I have my interview on Tuesday so I will see if I get accepted. But if I do I think I will go for a double franchise which would consist of taking over an existing group (the one I'm currently going to myself which is a double session group) and opening a new one.

It definitely consists of a lot more hours working than they claim...I honestly think if you do a 48 hour week then it would be too much to take SW on as well.
To make any money out of it you need to make SW your career...anything less than that would mean it's a very expensive hobby.
If you want to help people then be on the social team and attend every meeting and interact with the members. It's a lot less costly in the long run :)
Thats only my opinion of course...but I honestly know it is a lot more work than it seems. Then again, it's a very rewarding job...it's so nice when someone says their life has changed for the better and you have played a part in that.

It's all decisions, decisions. I love SW and the food optimising, I love being part of the group, I love helping other people in any way I can to feel better...but I don't want to lose money either. I have the time and the ambition to do it...so long as I don't lose money in trying to achieve a career.

Are you going to go for it Xiana? Is your interview Tuesday too?

Hi your so right I think you need to give it your all if your going to do it for it to work my interview on Tuesday too where are you based

I'm based in Derbyshire...but basically it's the Manchester region.

Jo, do you know your training dates if your successful? X

No I don't know anything along those lines at all. I'm presuming ASAP as the group I would be taking over has been without a consultant for a long time. The TD has been doing the meetings but she has to travel a fair distance to cover the meetings. The group has been 'neglected' it seems...I don't mean that in a bad way...but obviously with someone covering every week they haven't got a local interest in it so to speak. It definitely needs some TLC but the numbers are fairly decent.

The only thing about training mentioned was it's in 3 day blocks now but no specific dates have been mentioned other than it being before September.

Hi Ladies
Is there anything I can do to get started before my pre training??
I have arranged my visits to gold groups, made notes for my editorial and decided on my franchise option.
I have started looking for potential venues too.
I work full time so want to be prepared as poss with venue hunting etc before pre training and training.
Is there anything else I can do to be prepared?? I have pre training 23 July and training at ho 8th August.
Thankyou

Hi sounds great hoping I get there interview tomorrow can I ask how long after your interview did you go to pre training and HO training and when you starting your group

Hi anybody from Ireland on here going for interviews or training at moment would love to know how you get on
If you have the time to read the whole thread there have been a few from Ireland. Flew out from knock. Think it was somewhere after page 160 xxx

Thank you Tina....
been struggling to find a 'fat' photo I was asked to take! I really, really don't have any since about 2001 lol. The last 10 years I've been up and down weight wise but the only time you get me in a photo is when I'm about 3 stone lighter, otherwise you might get a slight head shot at best.
Oh well I barely look any different in the photos I've found of myself...apart from being 13 years younger and less crinkly.

I've filled in the application form, got my 'before' photo of sorts, got my Food Optimising book and I'm ready to go!
Good luck everyone xx

Back