A diary of a slimming world consultant

Hi Ladies & Gents!

I've just returned from the OP event today and was filled with encouragement but came away with many questions that hit my head as soon as I set off on the journey home! Many of the questions have been answered in this thread and I've been reading for hours! It's been really interesting to read about all of your journey's, a real eye opener!

My big question that I'd love to hear advice on is; I currently work full time at 48 hours per week every week (sometimes more), so more hours than the usual 9-5 but I am really interested in the opportunity to become a Consultant. I am a committed and devoted person and if I'm excited/passionate about something I will give it 110%, but in your honest opinions do you think I would be able to juggle both work loads? Has anybody taken on this responsibility with 48+ full time work?

Thanks in advance all! :thankyou:

Hi everyone. First time poster here!! I have been reading this thread for a few weeks but so far have only got up to page 120!! Its been so interesting so far.
I decided to post today as I have just passed my Pre-Interview and am now waiting for information about when my interview date is! I know they will want me in group for September so know all training dates already. Its crazy! I just can't wait to get the ball rolling. Been a SW member for over 4 years! Can't wait to spread the SW love!!

How is everyone doing?

Hi Ladies & Gents!

I've just returned from the OP event today and was filled with encouragement but came away with many questions that hit my head as soon as I set off on the journey home! Many of the questions have been answered in this thread and I've been reading for hours! It's been really interesting to read about all of your journey's, a real eye opener!

My big question that I'd love to hear advice on is; I currently work full time at 48 hours per week every week (sometimes more), so more hours than the usual 9-5 but I am really interested in the opportunity to become a Consultant. I am a committed and devoted person and if I'm excited/passionate about something I will give it 110%, but in your honest opinions do you think I would be able to juggle both work loads? Has anybody taken on this responsibility with 48+ full time work?

I replied to a very similar post not long ago - I would honestly say no. It takes a lot of work, when you you do your support work, new member calls, team developer weekly call, promotion work etc. 12-15 hour minimum on top of your 48 hours.

I work 40 hrs and found it very difficult. Think very long and hard about it, it's not much reward for a lot of work

Hi Tina!! When will your training be?? I'm at head office weekend of 8th August. Awaiting pre training at the min on 23 July. Very excited xx

Hi MrsD, Mine (if I am successful) is the weekend before that. 1st, 2nd and 3rd Aug. I think my weekend is specifically for re-launching groups and maybe yours is for brand new groups?

They are wanting me in group for w/c 1st September so it is all going to move very fast! I have a holiday booked from 8th-15th August but apart from that I don't expect my feet to touch the ground for the next 3 months!

Hi Tina! I'm also going to be in group w/c start of September! I have a weeks holiday 11th August and then will be my 15 day promo! Eeeek xx

Hi Ladies & Gents!

i was there with you yesterday!
:peep:

Hi all just found out got my interview on tues 8th July if I get it when do u think training days will be ?I am Ireland

It depends on if your relaunching or starting a new group. My training (if succesful) is 1St,2nd and 3rd Aug. But I know there are other dates for new groups and for groups launching in October. I would start in group w/c start of September. X

It depends on if your relaunching or starting a new group. My training (if succesful) is 1St,2nd and 3rd Aug. But I know there are other dates for new groups and for groups launching in October. I would start in group w/c start of September. X

Great thanks did you have your interview already is so any tips and how long did they take to get back to you .?I would be starting a new group am would love to be set up by mid September . Excited and worried about interview hope I get it as this is something I really want to do not only for myself but to help other get on the Sw plan and change there life for the better like it has changed mine . Thanks again

Last edited:
I haven't had my interview yet. Its on Thursday 10th July. Personally I think if you are as passionate as you sound and are committed then they will snap your hand off. Especially in Ireland. I have heard there aren't a great many groups there? Good luck! Did you have an ops event that you went to? x

Hi Tina ya I have gone to 2 ops meetings and been waiting a while on interview as change of management and no TD in my area so that's how I don't know dates . Good luck with your interview hope it goes well let me know how u get on ? If I get any tips at mine on tues I'll let you know but sounds like it's just like more of a chat than interview just what to know now if I am suitable or not been waiting for this since jan .

Hi all, ask head office to book your rooms because they get a big discount My room was £131 for two night and if head office do it is £91!! i Am going on training on the 4th and 5th of July anyone else doing the same days? xx

Hi Slimming Annie,
i'm going up tonight (3rd) ahead of training tomorrow & Sat - Staying at the Derbyshire, was £94.40 (i booked)
getting excited now!!!

Hi girls enjoy yourselfs training days sounds great, can't wait untill my turn if I pass interview that is , how long has it taken from interview untill training ? I am getting excited now my interview next tues

Thanks jaylou for your honest opinion!

Jo what a small world!!! What are your thoughts? How did you find it?!

sorry it's been hectic or else I would have replied sooner.

Well I've done the job before with WW so I know a lot of what is involved really although SW is a different company and has a different way of doing things. I had read every page of this thread before I went to the OP event so really everything was a repeat from here I found. I guess the main thing I wanted to find out was the exact cost of a franchise/s and what we got for it!

I have my interview on Tuesday so I will see if I get accepted. But if I do I think I will go for a double franchise which would consist of taking over an existing group (the one I'm currently going to myself which is a double session group) and opening a new one.

It definitely consists of a lot more hours working than they claim...I honestly think if you do a 48 hour week then it would be too much to take SW on as well.
To make any money out of it you need to make SW your career...anything less than that would mean it's a very expensive hobby.
If you want to help people then be on the social team and attend every meeting and interact with the members. It's a lot less costly in the long run :)
Thats only my opinion of course...but I honestly know it is a lot more work than it seems. Then again, it's a very rewarding job...it's so nice when someone says their life has changed for the better and you have played a part in that.

It's all decisions, decisions. I love SW and the food optimising, I love being part of the group, I love helping other people in any way I can to feel better...but I don't want to lose money either. I have the time and the ambition to do it...so long as I don't lose money in trying to achieve a career.

Are you going to go for it Xiana? Is your interview Tuesday too?

Back