A diary of a slimming world consultant

Am thinking about going to an opps event this weekend, I thought being a consultant was 'out' for me totally as I didn't drive but apparently this isn't so as long as you can arrange your own transport (taxi arrangement, family, friends) then you're good to go. Now I'm wondering how much money will I need behind me to start me off? Is if worth me thinking about, I would like to do it as think I have a lot to offer as a consultant.

The best thing to do is to go along to the ops event and hear what they have to say - they will tell you how much money you need as well as everything else you need to know about becoming a consultant and they also mention something about a loan you can get if you don't have the money if I remember rightly. There's no pressure, it's not a hard sell, and you can decide whether you want to take it further or just think about it for now. After the first one I went to 2 years ago I decided it wasn't right for me at the time but I went to one recently and have asked to be considered so it's entirely up to you.

The best thing to do is to go along to the ops event and hear what they have to say - they will tell you how much money you need as well as everything else you need to know about becoming a consultant and they also mention something about a loan you can get if you don't have the money if I remember rightly. There's no pressure, it's not a hard sell, and you can decide whether you want to take it further or just think about it for now. After the first one I went to 2 years ago I decided it wasn't right for me at the time but I went to one recently and have asked to be considered so it's entirely up to you.

I am going :) been thinking about it since I wrote that post and I think it's definitley what I want to do. I only work part time, haven't any kids so I've got all the time needed to promote a group, have lost almost 9st by sticking to slimming world and I live cooking so all the passion is there!! I'm so excited. I've never really been that ambitious cos there's never been Anything I want to do but I live and breath weight loss so it's only right I do something with that :) thanks for your advice I'm looking forward to going tomorrow now x

Good luck Rochelle!

If you have read this thread and still want to then you know what your doing. I've just run my 5th group and am really getting to grips with it all now :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Good luck Rochelle!

If you have read this thread and still want to then you know what your doing. I've just run my 5th group and am really getting to grips with it all now :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
yeah I've followed this thread loosely from the start when Rosie went for the consultant role!
There's a venue that the area team developer wants me to take on, she said there's room for another group in my town :) went to the opps and got all the details, already know how I'm going to afford it, I only work part time so have plenty if time to throw into it, support from family and friends for help with the promo stuff, no stopping me really! Just excited now lol hope I manage to get through to an interview x

yeah I've followed this thread loosely from the start when Rosie went for the consultant role!
There's a venue that the area team developer wants me to take on, she said there's room for another group in my town :) went to the opps and got all the details, already know how I'm going to afford it, I only work part time so have plenty if time to throw into it, support from family and friends for help with the promo stuff, no stopping me really! Just excited now lol hope I manage to get through to an interview x

Did you hear back yet as to whether you've got an interview? After a very long wait, the time has now arrived for my interview :)

Well that's great news - apparently not everyone who shows an interest gets an interview so that's one step closer for you :)

Your weight loss is amazing and you look fab in your photo so I'm sure you'll be a huge inspiration as a consultant!

Last edited:
Well that's great news - apparently not everyone who shows an interest gets an interview so that's one step closer for you :)

Your weight loss is amazing and you look fab in your photo so I'm sure you'll be a huge inspiration as a consultant!
It was our area team leader that really wanted me to go for it, she has a venue for me so hopefully everything works out. What happens after the interview? She's told me to take my before and after pics, and my record books. Nervous but excited! X

It was our area team leader that really wanted me to go for it, she has a venue for me so hopefully everything works out.

Well that sounds really positive if they are seeking you out.

What happens after the interview?

My current answer to that question is a lot of waiting! God do I hate waiting!

For those who have had interviews already, how long did it take to hear and how did they let you know (letter/phone etc)?

OMG. Just got in from my interview and my brain hurts! Haven't had an interview for anything for 6 years then before that 31 years. Why do you think of what you could have said when you get out! Well next thing is agonising wait to hear. They said they were impressed with my research and could tell I was passionate about SW so will see. I posted earlier in the year as I had been to an ops event but time wasn't right for me. Our consultant has just left and no one had gone forward to take over so I went to another ops event and got offered interview for today. The Caretaker answered my post when I asked if anyone loved what they were doing as so many were unhappy. They were doing well and speaking to the relief consultants we have had they were positive, one had done it a year and one 7 years. I don't work now so can give it my all. Will let you know what happens! Good luck anyone else having interviews at the moment :)

For anyone who didn't get accepted after interview, did you ever get any feedback as to why and/or did you get told you'd have to pay £10 for any feedback?

Venue fees vary on the venue, location, facilities etc. I pay £60 for a double session in a school. I've relaunched so that amount was beyond my control. It's from 16.30-21.30. I guess providing a school 52 weeks a year cost money! My other venue is a community hall...That's £50...or £10 an hour. The venue cost comes out of your takings before you do anything else so the cost is jointly covered between SW and yourself. Earnings start at 25%. Fast track your first night and you get 45% otherwise it's 25% minimum 6 weeks. Cat D group takes you to 50%. The Opp. Event explains in detail the costs all round x

Remember me from way back when at the start of your ops event? I'm applying for interview now finally! Think the timing is better now! How are you finishing everything? Have you settled OK?

SO I've been accepted, my pre training meeting is 21st November and first lot of training is 12,13 and 14th December. Woohoo! I am nervous, excited, a little bit worried as Ive never had anything to do with business so paying my own tax and stuff worries me but I have plenty of support from my team developer and consultant and know I can ask advice from the bank. I am borrowing the franchise fee from a family member so hope I can make that back quick ish.

Anyone on on here got those training dates? Excited to meet new people! Also excited about buying some new smart clothes for training and opening my group, LOL already treat myself to some smart tan boots yesterday!

I so can't wait to get stuck right in!

Well that sounds really positive if they are seeking you out.

My current answer to that question is a lot of waiting! God do I hate waiting!

For those who have had interviews already, how long did it take to hear and how did they let you know (letter/phone etc)?
Oh, I heard the day after. Received my forms today had interview Monday night x

Training

SO I've been accepted, my pre training meeting is 21st November and first lot of training is 12,13 and 14th December. Woohoo! I am nervous, excited, a little bit worried as Ive never had anything to do with business so paying my own tax and stuff worries me but I have plenty of support from my team developer and consultant and know I can ask advice from the bank. I am borrowing the franchise fee from a family member so hope I can make that back quick ish.

Anyone on on here got those training dates? Excited to meet new people! Also excited about buying some new smart clothes for training and opening my group, LOL already treat myself to some smart tan boots yesterday!

I so can't wait to get stuck right in!

hi

i have the same training dates as you and sounds like I feel the same as you! Will look out for you x

just looked at your details well done you, you lost double what I did. X

Last edited:
hi

i have the same training dates as you and sounds like I feel the same as you! Will look out for you x

just looked at your details well done you, you lost double what I did. X

Wow looking forward to meeting you! It's really nerve wracking going somewhere where you know you're not going to know anyone lol

thank you, it doesn't matter how much we've lost though we're all equally as brilliant :) it took a lot of dedication and hard work to lose the weight and we've been there wether we've lost 2st or 10 :) x

Back