A diary of a slimming world consultant

Wow looking forward to meeting you! It's really nerve wracking going somewhere where you know you're not going to know anyone lol

thank you, it doesn't matter how much we've lost though we're all equally as brilliant :) it took a lot of dedication and hard work to lose the weight and we've been there wether we've lost 2st or 10 :) x
Wow looking forward to meeting you! It's really nerve wracking going somewhere where you know you're not going to know anyone lol

thank you, it doesn't matter how much we've lost though we're all equally as brilliant it took a lot of dedication and hard work to lose the weight and we've been there wether we've lost 2st or 10 x

Yes yes I agree, looking forward to it but still a bit apprehensive. My pre training is this Saturday and only found out on Tuesday I was accepted so not had time to write editorial yet. I leave my old job next week then I will have the time to do everything. Relaunch the group I go to now start of January which I hope will be a bit easier than a new group. What are you going to be doing?

My pre training not for another three weeks! The group the team developer wants me to take is on a Tuesday night and she wants to launch it first week in jan. It's all happening so quick hey! I only got my stuff tonight so not 100% confident on what I'm doing with editorial x

Remember me from way back when at the start of your ops event? I'm applying for interview now finally! Think the timing is better now! How are you finishing everything? Have you settled OK?

Hi Xianaleigh and yes I remember you! Best of luck with your interview and thereafter....

I'm about 9 weeks in I think...and it's very time consuming, I won't lie. I run 2 groups, double sessions and a relief group. I did well...fast tracked, got Cat D, 50% earnings and Bronze century club. But it's pretty full time lol
My earnings are great...that's a good part of it.

I'm waiting for the next Team Developer Opp event...I missed the last one as it was on my day 6 of training.

So that's where I'm at so far. Most of it is learning as you go along...

Best of luck and keep us posted on your progress xxxx

Hi Xianaleigh and yes I remember you! Best of luck with your interview and thereafter....

I'm about 9 weeks in I think...and it's very time consuming, I won't lie. I run 2 groups, double sessions and a relief group. I did well...fast tracked, got Cat D, 50% earnings and Bronze century club. But it's pretty full time lol
My earnings are great...that's a good part of it.

I'm waiting for the next Team Developer Opp event...I missed the last one as it was on my day 6 of training.

So that's where I'm at so far. Most of it is learning as you go along...

Best of luck and keep us posted on your progress xxxx
Wow you've done really well. I'm just going to be running a single session for now. X

Hi there ..new to minimins ,I found this thread 2 wks ago looking for info on becoming a sw consultant and I have just finished reading all 205 pages ...CAn I say Rosie thank you for starting this was sad to hear u gave it up but glad to hear u are happy now again and congrats on new baby ...Dougal sticks out too was sad to hear u resigned but totally understand ur reasons ..and Hannah hope ur still doing well ...I know loads others have come gone and some are loving being a consultant and congrats to you all for making the big decision on taking the plunge ...As for me well its somthin i've thought about for a long time it took me a year to feel ready to go to an oppertunity event last wk ...I was buzzing coming out and really think its something I would like to persue in the new yr ,I work fulltime right now and don't feel ive the time to put into the whole promotion side right now ...I've read this post and am still unsure and thank everyone for their honest opinions it has swayed me for and against so many times ,I think the one thing is im not sure if I would be suiteable at the promotion end of it have I the confidence to fulfill that end of it out there speaking to people and selling myself,although my confidence has improved with my weight loss I still am quite shy,and im lacking a business head,also then throw in the fear of the unknown which some of ye spoke about ..My friend says I have no problem to talk about sworld which I agree as I could talk sw for hours on end:D I spend half the day on fb page giving advice tips receipes encouragement to anyone who is in need of it:) ...I love nothing more than being in group and watching people dissapear b4 my eyes I can only imagine how I would feel if I were their actual consultant... After being successful myself with over 7.5 stone gone I feel I have all this knowledge and with proper training I probably could b a great consultant like everyone tells me , and would love to be able help others lose their weight ..i ...Im trying to gather all the info I need and finally help me make a decision and maybe I will find the courage to persue in the near future Sworld has changed my whole world and I just want to share the happiness ...good luck to all going into training and opening ur own classes soon ..u are all amazing ....

Hi Xianaleigh and yes I remember you! Best of luck with your interview and thereafter.... I'm about 9 weeks in I think...and it's very time consuming, I won't lie. I run 2 groups, double sessions and a relief group. I did well...fast tracked, got Cat D, 50% earnings and Bronze century club. But it's pretty full time lol My earnings are great...that's a good part of it. I'm waiting for the next Team Developer Opp event...I missed the last one as it was on my day 6 of training. So that's where I'm at so far. Most of it is learning as you go along... Best of luck and keep us posted on your progress xxxx

Congrats to Rochelle1, SleepySlimmer and DancingSan for making it through interview, how long did it take you guys to hear back from the interview?

An Jo it's great to hear from you! Seems like it truly is as mad as it sounds! My life is in a much more together and settled place at the mo compare to when I went to the first ops event so I definitely feel ready now!

Would you say you're enjoying the full on fast paced experience it's brought? Hope you've settled in nicely to your new groups, it would appear that you're doing very well!!

I will keep you posted on my progress (due to ear tomorrow about if/when my interview is!) and hope to see you ladies at training in Dec if I get through!

Xxx

Congrats to Rochelle1, SleepySlimmer and DancingSan for making it through interview, how long did it take you guys to hear back from the interview?

An Jo it's great to hear from you! Seems like it truly is as mad as it sounds! My life is in a much more together and settled place at the mo compare to when I went to the first ops event so I definitely feel ready now!

Would you say you're enjoying the full on fast paced experience it's brought? Hope you've settled in nicely to your new groups, it would appear that you're doing very well!!

I will keep you posted on my progress (due to ear tomorrow about if/when my interview is!) and hope to see you ladies at training in Dec if I get through!

Xxx

Hi

i had interview last Thursday and heard on Tuesday lunchtime. I am lucky though as taking over my group so know most of them and have had lovely comments they were pleased to hear I was taking over. The relief lady is lovely and going to let me help at group and learn with her till I take over in January.

Xxx
I heard the next night. It's so exciting!! Nervous about training though,hope I can car share as i don't drive I know that sounds mental and it was the reason I didn't think I could do it before but our team developer said it didn't matter as long as I could sort out transport to my venue which I can. It's on the list to learn to drive after ive paid myself the money back!

Also hope I'll get friendly with people at pre-training and find someone to room share with as I don't fancy paying for a hotel room on my own!! So many things to panic about lol x

Ohhhhh that's a stroke of luck! I would love to take over my own group! Do you think you will still continue to weigh at the same group?

Rochelle that's great to hear you got accepted even though you aren't able to drive, they must have loved you! I'm sure somebody will be happy to car share with you at training. Do you know where your staying yet? If I get through and we're staying nearby I'd be happy to car share! Where are you travelling from?

I'm still waiting to hear if I've got an interview, could take up to Wednesday to hear back so fingers crossed! I'd love to join you all at training in Devember!

Ohhhhh that's a stroke of luck! I would love to take over my own group! Do you think you will still continue to weigh at the same group?

Rochelle that's great to hear you got accepted even though you aren't able to drive, they must have loved you! I'm sure somebody will be happy to car share with you at training. Do you know where your staying yet? If I get through and we're staying nearby I'd be happy to car share! Where are you travelling from?

I'm still waiting to hear if I've got an interview, could take up to Wednesday to hear back so fingers crossed! I'd love to join you all at training in Devember!
Aww bless you that's nice of you! I'm from County Durham so quite far fom you. Would be lovely If someone was to pop up on here from where I live! I don't know where I'm staying im guessing that will get sorted at pre training? They use the Derbyshire and the premier inn so one of the two x

Yeah about 2 hours away! You really have got quite a trek to head office! I thought I had a big journey, I'm sure somebody will come along in that time, hopefully!

Yeah the Premier Inn doesn't look too badly priced anyway so hopefully get on there, just wish I could hear back about if I've got an interview or not. Had to cancel works Christmas doo as it clashes with training dates and I didn't want to take the risk, so fingers crossed it'll all pay off shortly ?

Do any of you guys currently have another job?

Yeah about 2 hours away! You really have got quite a trek to head office! I thought I had a big journey, I'm sure somebody will come along in that time, hopefully!

Yeah the Premier Inn doesn't look too badly priced anyway so hopefully get on there, just wish I could hear back about if I've got an interview or not. Had to cancel works Christmas doo as it clashes with training dates and I didn't want to take the risk, so fingers crossed it'll all pay off shortly ?

Do any of you guys currently have another job?

I work this week but it's my last week! I only work part time anyway but needed a change. I am a target member and will weigh at my group if I can, not sure if you can, haven't asked that question. I hope to car share or if not my son will drive me to Derby, have never driven that far on my own before. Hope you hear soon.

I am am lucky to take my group over which is one of the reasons I went for it now.

Good Luck to everyone training, I am starting my SW journey on thursday. Love reading evryones experiences on here.

Hi, I went to an event on Sunday and filled in the interest form etc, how long before they contact you for an interview? Thanks, this is my first post on here so hope I've done it correct :)

Well I wish you the best of luck! And if I don't make it past interview then have fun at training!

I think I waited 3 days after attending ops event to be contacted. So exciting!

Still waiting to hear back so I'm hoping no news is good news.

Well I wish you the best of luck! And if I don't make it past interview then have fun at training!

I think I waited 3 days after attending ops event to be contacted. So exciting!

Still waiting to hear back so I'm hoping no news is good news.

Thanks for replying, fingers crossed I hear soon.

And hope you hear if you're successful very soon very exciting indeed - good luck x

Back