A diary of a slimming world consultant

Great news, I have been accepted and looks like the next six weeks are going to be a whirlwind! Training is 12/13/14 dec, starting in group w/c 5th Jan. I can either open a new group in a currently unserviced area or take over a group- talking it through tomorrow but looks like others recommend taking over one? Has anybody here launched a group from scratch and made it an early success? Hoping that opening in Jan works in my favour too!

Not posted for a while as trying to get everything else in my life straight before my interview as I know from this thread that it's all go from training! Congrats jt, I bet you can't wait for training!

I can't wait for the rest of is to hear, hope it's good news so I can join you all!

With regards to the new group/relaunch, there's less risk I guess with a relaunch but it would be sooooo exciting to launch your own new group!

Great news, I have been accepted and looks like the next six weeks are going to be a whirlwind! Training is 12/13/14 dec, starting in group w/c 5th Jan. I can either open a new group in a currently unserviced area or take over a group- talking it through tomorrow but looks like others recommend taking over one? Has anybody here launched a group from scratch and made it an early success? Hoping that opening in Jan works in my favour too!
See you there on the 12th! I'm taking over a group that's being looked after by releif at the minute x

hi congratulations, another one going same dates. Will try and look out for you x

Had pre training yesterday - excited, scared and overwhelmed all at once! Almost read Secrets of Success 1 and put all loose bits from box in order in folders. Anyone else going to training 12/13 and 14th from down South who would like to share journey?

My interview has been brought forward to this Wednesday - so fingers crossed I get accepted and can maybe join some of you in training next month :) x

Had pre training yesterday - excited, scared and overwhelmed all at once! Almost read Secrets of Success 1 and put all loose bits from box in order in folders. Anyone else going to training 12/13 and 14th from down South who would like to share journey?
Oh god, my pre training is on Friday !! What do you mean putting loose bits in folders?

In my pack came a check list the only things I haven't done yet is arrange to visit two groups and signed contracts not sure wether I have to leave contracts to sign at pre training cos they have to be witnessed? I was going to text my team developer through the week to ask, what did you do?

Id have loved to be your training bud and journey pal if i was in South. Hope Bridget and I hit it off, that's who I'm sharing with, I'm sure we will though! Will meet her on Friday x

Oh god, my pre training is on Friday !! What do you mean putting loose bits in folders?

In my pack came a check list the only things I haven't done yet is arrange to visit two groups and signed contracts not sure wether I have to leave contracts to sign at pre training cos they have to be witnessed? I was going to text my team developer through the week to ask, what did you do?

Id have loved to be your training bud and journey pal if i was in South. Hope Bridget and I hit it off, that's who I'm sharing with, I'm sure we will though! Will meet her on Friday x

I mean after pre training. You get a big box with two files of Secrets of Success plus lots of other bits which I have sorted into files so I can find them again. Hopefully! Have read all if Secrets of Success one now and started planning my promotion time, what I am doing on what day. I know it's not till mid December I start promoting but want to do as much as I can now and not leave all till last minute. Have made up signs like "put your food diaries in here" etc and bought most of my things except the big boxes which I will get when I see what I need to take with me. Been collecting bits for interest table too.

Dont not know how to find you there as we can't swop details. Don't think I can message yet. Can you? I don't think I have done enough posts. If not I'll be the one looking terrified ha ha! No I can't message yet only just done 20 posts but have added a photo now.

you have to have the contract witnessed before you go. They keep one and you keep one. I got a neighbour to do it. The girl I was at pre training hadn't done hers do I witnessed it. SW can't. I hadn't been to groups but we arranged that at pre training of who was best to go to.

Last edited:
I mean after pre training. You get a big box with two files of Secrets of Success plus lots of other bits which I have sorted into files so I can find them again. Hopefully! Have read all if Secrets of Success one now and started planning my promotion time, what I am doing on what day. I know it's not till mid December I start promoting but want to do as much as I can now and not leave all till last minute. Have made up signs like "put your food diaries in here" etc and bought most of my things except the big boxes which I will get when I see what I need to take with me. Been collecting bits for interest table too.

Dont not know how to find you there as we can't swop details. Don't think I can message yet. Can you? I don't think I have done enough posts. If not I'll be the one looking terrified ha ha! No I can't message yet only just done 20 posts but have added a photo now.

you have to have the contract witnessed before you go. They keep one and you keep one. I got a neighbour to do it. The girl I was at pre training hadn't done hers do I witnessed it. SW can't. I hadn't been to groups but we arranged that at pre training of who was best to go to.

Oh it'll all become clear for me on Friday :) looking forward to it but like you, terrified! I've been collecting bits too, but suppose I have from now all over xmas to do it. I get two weeks off work over xmas so will do the shopping bits for my group then like the storage boxes etc. I've got family on sw keeping interest tabłe bits for me like food packaging! My promotion will be fine like I said, I have the whole xmas fortnight to get out leafleting :) can't wait tbh! Will burn some xmas food off with all the walking lol

i will send you my details through private message. I've been here a while so I've got plenty of posts lol

oh ok My teamdeveloper is coming to see me Friday lunchtime she wants to make sure I'm prepared, but I feel I am ive got my cheque, written editorial, got a before and after pic printed cos I took it to my interview, researched local groups around my venue, got some Northern Echo papers like they asked for local newspapers/magazines, the only thing I haven't done own arrange to visit groups but that'll be easy when I've mentioned it to team developer she just says leave it to her lol there's plenty in my area to visit though.

Xx

Thank you :) im going to wait til I meet the lady I'm sharing with on Friday then I think I'll get us a room booked at the weekend. I'll just do it online they are £60 through slimming world but same online anyway x

Hi, I'm James- can't wait to meet you all on 12th Dec!

I have pre-training on Saturday morning, shall I book hotel now do you think?

Derbyshire re full on late rooms and premier inn going up each day!

Hi all again!

Had my interview today, was so nervous and to top it off some idiot drove into the back of me on the way there! ?

Not sure how it went as the questions weren't like a normal interview, I couldn't stop myself talking though ... Oops! Hope they realised it was nerves! How did you all feel after getting interview?

Oooo congrats on getting interview moved forward, I hope it goes well for you ?

X

Hi all again!

Had my interview today, was so nervous and to top it off some idiot drove into the back of me on the way there! ?

Not sure how it went as the questions weren't like a normal interview, I couldn't stop myself talking though ... Oops! Hope they realised it was nerves! How did you all feel after getting interview?

Oooo congrats on getting interview moved forward, I hope it goes well for you ?

X
Hope you're ok? Was there damage to your car?

Oh the interview was very informal wasn't it? I actually enjoyed it, didn't feel nervous at all. I think that was because I'd already met our district manager and she's loveiy and down to earth. Suppose that's why she fits the job lol x

Hope you're ok? Was there damage to your car? Oh the interview was very informal wasn't it? I actually enjoyed it, didn't feel nervous at all. I think that was because I'd already met our district manager and she's loveiy and down to earth. Suppose that's why she fits the job lol x

I've been accepted ? got the job and I'll be joining some of you on the 12-14th for training ? so excited!

Lovely TD called tonight saying she didn't want me waiting til Fri/Mon to find out ha!

No obvious damage to the car, it's going in for a health check in a couple of weeks so fingers crossed nothing comes up there!

The interview was way off what I expected, so personal rather than formal but it was nice and I'll definitely enjoy working with both ladies!

Just need my pack for pre training to come through now.

Have you done you pre training now?

X

I've been accepted ? got the job and I'll be joining some of you on the 12-14th for training ? so excited!

Lovely TD called tonight saying she didn't want me waiting til Fri/Mon to find out ha!

No obvious damage to the car, it's going in for a health check in a couple of weeks so fingers crossed nothing comes up there!

The interview was way off what I expected, so personal rather than formal but it was nice and I'll definitely enjoy working with both ladies!

Just need my pack for pre training to come through now.

Have you done you pre training now?

X

hi. I have done my pre training last week. Ploughing through all the reading. Might see you 12, 13 and 14 too. Nearly read both manuals. Can do diplomas not got consultant code yet. Lots to do and plan!

Good luck to you, Rochelle and James at pre training. If I have missed anyone else I have seen coming same time sorry but just been reading the chapter all about Body Magic and am tired x

Back