A diary of a slimming world consultant

Does anyone still contribute to this post? I have read it from start to finish & have appreciated the honest views shared. I am going to an ops event tomorrow with a view to relaunching a double group in January if successful. Would love to make contact with others in the same point in their SW journey. Caroline
Hi I'm new to this site, but have been reading this thread for the last few nights. I'm off to an Opportunity day on 10th March.

Hi I'm new to this site, but have been reading this thread for the last few nights. I'm off to an Opportunity day on 10th March.

Hi... I've been reading this thread. I have my interview on the 15th March and have found this really interesting. Fingers crossed for you xx

I have 2 more weeks to go as a consultant. It has had it's highs and lows. My main advice would be that if you think you are going to be running your own business then think again. You are an employee with no benefits. That has been the biggest disappointment for me. Running the group and meeting lovely people is fantastic but the amount of work is 10 times+ what you think. Make sure you ask the question as to why there are so many relaunch groups and very few brand new......................

I have 2 more weeks to go as a consultant. It has had it's highs and lows. My main advice would be that if you think you are going to be running your own business then think again. You are an employee with no benefits. That has been the biggest disappointment for me. Running the group and meeting lovely people is fantastic but the amount of work is 10 times+ what you think. Make sure you ask the question as to why there are so many relaunch groups and very few brand new......................
Ha! Ha! Will do! How long have you been doing it? If you don't mind answering some questions, I'd love to know where you are from and how many groups, average nos in them. Did you take over an existing grkoup and roughly how many groups there were already. Thanks in anticipation! Hard work wise, I'm from a teaching background so used to 7 days a week lifestyle job and pressure!!!

Ha! Ha! Will do! How long have you been doing it? If you don't mind answering some questions, I'd love to know where you are from and how many groups, average nos in them. Did you take over an existing grkoup and roughly how many groups there were already. Thanks in anticipation! Hard work wise, I'm from a teaching background so used to 7 days a week lifestyle job and pressure!!!
Interesting - I have been a secondary school teacher for 31 years so I am no stranger to hard work and hassle - this is a whole lot of different! I started 8 months ago and decided at New Year that it was not for me - going to have to continue with the teaching for a couple more years. Happy to answer questions but would prefer not to do it on this forum. Do you have an email address?

Interesting - I have been a secondary school teacher for 31 years so I am no stranger to hard work and hassle - this is a whole lot of different! I started 8 months ago and decided at New Year that it was not for me - going to have to continue with the teaching for a couple more years. Happy to answer questions but would prefer not to do it on this forum. Do you have an email address?
Sure : [email protected]

Omg that's wonderful congratulations. I'm still waiting for my call. What dates u going to head office?
Looking at launching w/c 30th July. Pre launch meeting 25th May which should be local. Training at head office 22nd - 24th June. 31st August - 2nd Sept. 10th & 11th November...
Good luck with your call xx

Gosh, different dates to the ones they told us about at the ops event. Thanks I'll let you know what happens MariaH2018 xx
Yes please. Wishing you lots of luck.... that's the dates she gave me at my interview... just got to wait for my letter from head office then I will start to book a place to stay when at head office. Apparently it's a four hour plus drive for me so will be looking to go up on the Thursday before... sometimes I wish we lived further up country but love it down here... xx

I’m off on my training from may 3-6 for the first days! Pre training next week, is anyone else there when I am? I’m so blinking excited

Any news?
Hi ive been for my interview last saturday, still not heard whether they want me or not. My dm contacted me on mon and tues re ctedit score. They couldnt find me, i got bit upset i dont owe anthing to anyone and said words to that effect, so i do hope i havent shot myself in the foot..

I’m off on my training from may 3-6 for the first days! Pre training next week, is anyone else there when I am? I’m so blinking excited
Hi ive just heard today that ive got the job! Think im training the same dates as you. I have to wait till next week to comfirm it.

Back