A diary of a slimming world consultant

I was soooooo relieved to have my life back but I did feel bad on certain members I had close bonds with but I have their number to see how their getting on x

Hi Rosie and Jaylou,

I started as a consultant at the beginning of January and also have just handed my notice in. Like you, Rosie, I also work fulltime and even though everything was really carefully explained to me at the time, I still was totally unprepared just for how much work you have to put in. It has totally taken over my life! And, I just found out I'm losing my full time job to redundancy later on in the year, so I felt it was a good time to cut my losses and finish SW too. Realistically I'm not going to be able to devote as much time as I'd like to anyway to my group as I will need to look at a new career. I totally understand where you're come from, both of you, and to anyone who thinks there is too much negativity in the post, I'd disagree. People are being honest about what's expected. SW are a fab company, and I would never diss them, but they do expect an awful lot from their Consultants (understandably) and its very hard if you work elsewhere!

Hi Rosie and Jaylou,

I started as a consultant at the beginning of January and also have just handed my notice in. Like you, Rosie, I also work fulltime and even though everything was really carefully explained to me at the time, I still was totally unprepared just for how much work you have to put in. It has totally taken over my life! And, I just found out I'm losing my full time job to redundancy later on in the year, so I felt it was a good time to cut my losses and finish SW too. Realistically I'm not going to be able to devote as much time as I'd like to anyway to my group as I will need to look at a new career. I totally understand where you're come from, both of you, and to anyone who thinks there is too much negativity in the post, I'd disagree. People are being honest about what's expected. SW are a fab company, and I would never diss them, but they do expect an awful lot from their Consultants (understandably) and its very hard if you work elsewhere!

Oh bless you Hun, you started not long before me. I won't give up, not yet, but I can see now why there is such a high turnover of consultants.

I often think a hundred quid is great for a couple of hours work, but its not a couple of hours!!! Oh and I rarely earned that, I've had a good few weeks where I've come away with a tenner.

Did they try and talk you out of it or do they just let you go?
Good luck xx

MrsE2004 - i'm booked in the premier inn too. And then back for 3&4 at the end of June. I'm sure our paths will cross at some stage. Flying on the Thursday night so won't reach the hotel until after 10 probably.

Oh bless you Hun, you started not long before me. I won't give up, not yet, but I can see now why there is such a high turnover of consultants.

I often think a hundred quid is great for a couple of hours work, but its not a couple of hours!!! Oh and I rarely earned that, I've had a good few weeks where I've come away with a tenner.

Did they try and talk you out of it or do they just let you go?
Good luck xx

No I was pretty determined so I think my TD knew there was little point.
I was never earning as much as that, not since early on, and I've tried hard to get new members but its been a struggle. Told my members last night and some of them were really upset. Felt awful!!! :( but it's done now.
Glad you're doing well, guess it just wasn't the right time for me! X

I'm doing okay, some weeks are great, some weeks it's an uphill struggle. New members are coming in but keeping members is hard - why don't people respond??? Common courtesy!!!!

It's a tough decision to become a consultant, but a tougher one to leave. X

I'm doing okay, some weeks are great, some weeks it's an uphill struggle. New members are coming in but keeping members is hard - why don't people respond??? Common courtesy!!!!

It's a tough decision to become a consultant, but a tougher one to leave. X

True. Maybe at some point in the future I'd revisit it, but at the moment I doubt it LOL

I would like to appologise re my negative comment remark. I was having a really off day and shouldnt have written thst. I do thank you for all the comments as it has opened my eyes more and made me determined. Im sorry its not been as expected for those that have given it a go.already and drcided its not for them.

I received contract 2 days ago. I now have my group im taking over and i have pretraining on 13th may and day 1&2 at derby on 7&8 june. Its all starting to seem real now. Have also just resigned as brownie guide leader to accomodate the hours needed so am a bit mixed with emotions

Thats ok we all have off days I know the emotions u go though at this time of the process. I hope u are more successful and I wish u luck x

I would like to appologise re my negative comment remark. I was having a really off day and shouldnt have written thst. I do thank you for all the comments as it has opened my eyes more and made me determined. Im sorry its not been as expected for those that have given it a go.already and drcided its not for them.

I received contract 2 days ago. I now have my group im taking over and i have pretraining on 13th may and day 1&2 at derby on 7&8 june. Its all starting to seem real now. Have also just resigned as brownie guide leader to accomodate the hours needed so am a bit mixed with emotions

Good on you for having the guts to come back and say that shanning75 - it takes a lot of courage to admit you are wrong and even more to post up the admission in public!

I'm glad you see things in a different light now looking back. As Rosie says, we all have off days (I know I do for sure! I'm just not normally as gracious as you have been!).

I wish you all the best with your training - keep posting up your progress on the good and the bad days ;)

I just wanted to wish all those who have recently gone into group and those about to launch the very best of luck!

Remember your first night it's a once in a lifetime experience and will fly by in an absolute blur :)

Enjoy, have fun and be proud of what you've achieved xxx

How are you fairies? How's it going with your group?

Hiya

It's hard to get new members in ( I have another SW venue about a mile away with 4 groups there, although TD said my location was fine with hindsight it's possibly a bit close to the other SW groups, but I struggled to find a suitable venue anywhere else) I'm now up to 25/26 members a week after hovering around 15/18 for a month and I'm finding it a lot of work in amongst my job and family so am bit torn as I'm only getting between £5-£13 a week.

On the plus side I have lovely members, they are losing loads of weight and have said some lovely things about me and the way I run my group so all in all it's heading in the right direction for me and whatever happens in the future I'll have no regrets :)

Bless you sweetheart. Din't give up you're doing a great job and you WILL get there. It's taken me 7 months. I've got 31 in my group and only just hit 25 last week. I get the same feed back as you. It makes a real difference when you can put your own stamp on a group. xx

thanks, first night went brilliant, 16 new members pus the 20 I had 2 previous weeks. I really think. A going to love this job :)

Wow! Absolutely fantastic! Bet that makes all the hard work pounding the streets delivering leaflets worth it:) Did you enjoy your first quarterly on Saturday? I had hoped to introduce myself but my lift was hitting the road as soon as it was over. Maybe you figured out who I was anyway as I was the only one introduced as new that hadn't started yet! I'm in my group to help out for the next six weeks before my takeover night so hopefully I'll be able get to know most of them before the big night. Was it real nerve racking or did a good old dose of adrenaline get you through? For me, no matter how bad it is standing in front of everyone talking the biggest problem is having to fly to get to training!!

Great to hear that your going to love the job! What is it they say...find a job you love and you'll never work again. Something like that anyway.

Take care and keep up the good work!

Bless you sweetheart. Din't give up you're doing a great job and you WILL get there. It's taken me 7 months. I've got 31 in my group and only just hit 25 last week. I get the same feed back as you. It makes a real difference when you can put your own stamp on a group. xx

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, that's really spurred me on, I feel better now, I have 28 on my books and 3 have booked absence for tomorrow so hitting 25 again is going to be tight!

Hello :) I have been asked by my C to go to an opps meeting with the view to becoming a SW consultant now the thing is I have only been a SW member since the last week in January and although SW has been incredibly successful for me I have only ever done Extra Easy, I wouldn't know what a Red or Green day was if it bit me on the bum!
so I guess what I'm asking is surely you would have to know what SW is completely about?
because of my good losses I do get people asking me how to do things and I have actually helped a few members and I do tend to get people coming up to me after group to discuss bits ad pieces, but someone the other day asked me if they could have something as a healthy extra B and I didn't have a clue!!! Unlike Rosie who started this fantastic thread I don't really have a social life to worry about so if I could get more into it as opposed to just finding what works for me and sticking to it, I'm thinking I would be able to do it, I have no problems speaking in front of people, so would enjoy that aspect of it, and I'm guessing being a bloke is a bit of a novelty to a group as it seems 99.9% of the Consultants seem to be ladies, I could see that being a very positive thing. Any advice would be brilliant.

Back