A diary of a slimming world consultant

Off to derby in an hour. Not looking forward to it. I'd rather stay at home got enough work here to b doing!! X

You'll enjoy it when you're there and the days fly by so quickly (Days 1 & 2 did for me) you'll be back before you know it. Have a safe journey x

We've arrived now. Going to the premier inn for dinner in a minute. Then early night ready for days 3 and 4 and back on Saturday night ready for district meeting on Sunday. No rest for the wicked. Prepare for photos of slimming world canteen food tomorrow. Best part of training lol x

We've arrived now. Going to the premier inn for dinner in a minute. Then early night ready for days 3 and 4 and back on Saturday night ready for district meeting on Sunday. No rest for the wicked. Prepare for photos of slimming world canteen food tomorrow. Best part of training lol x

Ooh looking forward to the photos! Enjoy!! xx

The food is amazing, how cool to walk into a restaurant eat loads and know the syn values of it all instantly, will look forward to the pics.

I am excused from our Quarterly on Sunday because I'm in the middle of my promotions, would loose a valuable leafleting Sunday otherwise hehe!

Have fun, oh and you can easily change the pic ;) lol x

How are u doing with the leaflets and posters? has the weather affected you?
ive managed to get all 50 posters up in shops and pubs but the leaflets are not so good.... only done about 1400, not even half!:sigh:

How are u doing with the leaflets and posters? has the weather affected you?
ive managed to get all 50 posters up in shops and pubs but the leaflets are not so good.... only done about 1400, not even half!:sigh:

Leafleting was slow last week in the snow, I had a lot of longish driveways to navigate through, I slipped over 3 times, hit my head on a hanging basket and dropped all the leaflets twice! that said I have managed to get 1,600 through letterboxes in the last 2 weeks, after tomorrow it'll be just over 2,000. I know I won't get all 3,000 out and know that they have to be through letterboxes but rather than waste them I did give 200 to the school where my venue is for a book bag drop and that has resulted in a phonecall from a new member to be, so it paid off. I've also given 100 to a Tae Kwon do instructor that runs lots of groups in my area and she's going to give them out at her classes. Every thing helps!

Posters has been soul destroying, I'm in a town and am up against a Borough Council that I'm not part of so anywhere run by them won't display and organisations that won't display unless I am non profit making organisation. So I've had a few no's :( only one place let me put the poster up myself, the others have wanted to put it up themselves no matter what tactics I tried! If they've all been put up (which I doubt) I'll only have 10 up. I did go into one of the local gyms to see if they would display a poster, they have been a nightmare pestering me ever since as they want to come to group to sell gym membership, they offered to come and help too, absolutely no way, I've stopped answering their calls now they ring so much grrrrrrrrr!!!

I'm going to give it my best shot tomorrow on our last leafleting Sunday, to be honest I'm starting to feel tired and exhausted now, I've given it my best and can only hope it's good enough!

Oh yeah, I had a go at my first visual tonight (trust me I am not creative or artistic at all) I'm quite pleased with it, I used a body magic theme but it took me absolutely ages to do.

Happy leafleting :)

I've read thought this thread with interest as I'm seriously considering being a SW consultant. Been thinking about it for a while and then husband said last night that I'd be really good at it :p
I've applied using the online form on SW website eek how exciting!
Hope it's going well Rosie! X

Please dont underestimate how much work there will be before you even get your first class up and running!! If you work full time anyway there will be no rest for you! x

I only work part time and having read thought this thread, I wouldn't dream of underestimating how hard it is.

Leafleting was slow last week in the snow, I had a lot of longish driveways to navigate through, I slipped over 3 times, hit my head on a hanging basket and dropped all the leaflets twice! that said I have managed to get 1,600 through letterboxes in the last 2 weeks, after tomorrow it'll be just over 2,000. I know I won't get all 3,000 out and know that they have to be through letterboxes but rather than waste them I did give 200 to the school where my venue is for a book bag drop and that has resulted in a phonecall from a new member to be, so it paid off. I've also given 100 to a Tae Kwon do instructor that runs lots of groups in my area and she's going to give them out at her classes. Every thing helps!

Posters has been soul destroying, I'm in a town and am up against a Borough Council that I'm not part of so anywhere run by them won't display and organisations that won't display unless I am non profit making organisation. So I've had a few no's :( only one place let me put the poster up myself, the others have wanted to put it up themselves no matter what tactics I tried! If they've all been put up (which I doubt) I'll only have 10 up. I did go into one of the local gyms to see if they would display a poster, they have been a nightmare pestering me ever since as they want to come to group to sell gym membership, they offered to come and help too, absolutely no way, I've stopped answering their calls now they ring so much grrrrrrrrr!!!

I'm going to give it my best shot tomorrow on our last leafleting Sunday, to be honest I'm starting to feel tired and exhausted now, I've given it my best and can only hope it's good enough!

Oh yeah, I had a go at my first visual tonight (trust me I am not creative or artistic at all) I'm quite pleased with it, I used a body magic theme but it took me absolutely ages to do.

Happy leafleting :)

Away with the fairies, when is your opening night? Isn't it tonight or this week sometime? Wishing you lots of luck. It sounds like you've done well! There's only so much you can do.

I've got my ops day this Sunday. I think I know I want to do it, I just want to make sure that I've got the home balance sorted, as said before I've got 2 children under 3. I want to be able to dedicate the time needs for the 15 days build up!

Rosie, where are these canteen pictures? Hope the training went well. What was covered in this training? x

I didn't take any pics I'm sorry :-( was nice food tho.

Training on the first day was about filling in the paper work side after group. Really boring. Really mathematic and my team developer had already gone through it with me.

The next day was about how to conduct image therapy, seeing as I already have done 4 groups now I found it an odd time to train it but oh we'll. The second half of the last day was about different tools and how to use them eg sas log fast forward success express etc but we left at afternoon break because the snow up there was awful in the night so we were worried bout getting home.

Consultants worked well as a team at the hotel, digging each others car out the snow and pushing each others cars making sure we all got to training safely x

I didn't take any pics I'm sorry :-( was nice food tho.

Training on the first day was about filling in the paper work side after group. Really boring. Really mathematic and my team developer had already gone through it with me.

The next day was about how to conduct image therapy, seeing as I already have done 4 groups now I found it an odd time to train it but oh we'll. The second half of the last day was about different tools and how to use them eg sas log fast forward success express etc but we left at afternoon break because the snow up there was awful in the night so we were worried bout getting home.

Consultants worked well as a team at the hotel, digging each others car out the snow and pushing each others cars making sure we all got to training safely x

Boo!!

That sounds a bit random! You'd think they'd cover paper work before you start the group. Oh well, at least it covered all the bases?

That's good that you all worked together, bit annoying all that snow!

So when is your next training? Is it every 6 weeks? x

My opening night is tonight, I have had butterflies in my stomach all day and can't settle at anything, I'm so glad I took today and tomorrow off work!

I'm going to load the car up in a bit, have been trying to juggle it around the housework,ironing and shopping, my 2 boys are in the after school club as I usually work on a Tuesday so I have a bit longer to get myself organised.

Such a mixture of emotions today, I think I'll have a few tears if not many turn up and have a few if loads do lol!

<deep breath> 4.5 hours until I arrive at my venue OMG :()

My opening night is tonight, I have had butterflies in my stomach all day and can't settle at anything, I'm so glad I took today and tomorrow off work!

I'm going to load the car up in a bit, have been trying to juggle it around the housework,ironing and shopping, my 2 boys are in the after school club as I usually work on a Tuesday so I have a bit longer to get myself organised.

Such a mixture of emotions today, I think I'll have a few tears if not many turn up and have a few if loads do lol!

<deep breath> 4.5 hours until I arrive at my venue OMG :()

Good luck lovely. You'll be absolutely fine, and please let us know how you do xx

Back