A diary of a slimming world consultant

I'm fast learning about all the figures that come into play when your group is looked at.

I had a quick session with my team developer about the planning for success document on Friday and know it will be done in a lot more detail on my day 3 & 4 training next week but woah!!!!! Figures don't really phase me, I've got quite a good brain for maths but this seemed pretty tricky (hopefully after training it will make more sense)

There are lots of circles, diagonal lines and squares to fill in, they include figures on average weight loss for the group, number and % staying to group, retention is the number of members who come back each week, 85%+ is what's aimed for, lower than 75% is time for action. I can't get my head around it all just now I'm hoping the training next week does it.

My second week of group went well, I had another 6 new members taking me up to 22 members in total now (21 new and I had 1 transfer in from another group) I had my consultant development visit feedback which was all ok with just a few minor things to work on, so I'm just going to do my best.

Well done. It sounds as though there's a lot of stuff to get your head around. I'm not a maths genius, but my Dad is! So I'll have to ask him!! Hopefully your training will explain it all.

Are you still leafleting or has that calmed down? Are you enjoying it? Are your members nice? x

Hannah

Yeah, I am enjoying it, it's really varied, one minute I'm inputting stock sales and uploading my accounts to Head Office, then I'm making up visuals for group (lots if foam sparkly letters and cut outs) then I'm inputting new member info, ringing my team developer for my weekly development call, then I'm shopping for raffle prizes, then keeping an eye on my Facebook group and helping members on there, then I'll be making support calls, texts and emails to new members, oh and not to forget loading up the car and running my group, it never seems to stop but I am enjoying it. Add in working 3 full days a week and looking after my 2 boys and it makes for a busy life :)

People have told me to write down all the hours I'm putting in but I won't because I don't want to know and it doesn't matter to me lol!

Leafleting has stopped but the next campaign is in Easter so in a few weeks I'll be off again. My promotions never really stop though because whenever I'm out and about I'm looking for opportunities to put up posters and get new members.

You'll certainly get a good insight on this thread!
X

Hannah

I forgot up say my members are lovely, they really are, it's all female at the moment and varied ages from 19-78 I'm getting to know more about them and why they have joined and they are really appreciative if the efforts I make to support them.

We had a real giggle in group last week and lots of confessions about wine but it was all good :)

Hannah

I forgot up say my members are lovely, they really are, it's all female at the moment and varied ages from 19-78 I'm getting to know more about them and why they have joined and they are really appreciative if the efforts I make to support them.

We had a real giggle in group last week and lots of confessions about wine but it was all good :)

That's lovely that you've got such a varied age range! Our group is a bit like that. You'll get those extra members this week. Yes, I believe that's what I remember from the ops day about staying on 25% for 6 weeks, then you'll be on stage 2.

Wow. That certainly does sound very full on and lots and lots of work! Have your managed to get yourself into a routine with your boys, work and SW? Hopefully if I'm successful I will definitely need to do that! Have you had good weight losses so far? x

Hi there, found you Rosie!!! All sounds good :)

hi, you will hit the next stage when youve had 150 through the door altogether so say you get up to 40 per class in the next couple of weeks then you might not have to wait for 6 weeks :)

hi, you will hit the next stage when youve had 150 through the door altogether so say you get up to 40 per class in the next couple of weeks then you might not have to wait for 6 weeks :)

Oh crikey I must have misunderstood, I know I should aim high but think 150 is likely to be not that achievable for me, I am within a 0.5-1 mile of 4 very successful other SW groups so there is a lot of choice for potential members and promotions are hard as I am up against a council that only supports non profit making organisations which limits postering opportunities! I am treating this as more of a hobby than anything and still have my 'day job' for income.

I did have an email tonight from a member that said she really enjoyed the group last week and thought it was really good,it's things like that which make it worthwhile for me :)

DOH! I have a tiired brain lol, I've just realised what you meant by 150, I thought you meant 150 new members lol ooooppps! 150 is achievable after all x

Gutted. Was doing some postering, leafleting and free magazines in hairdressers etc. Went to the sure start centre to leave some leaflets; which I've done before ; now not allowed
because I'm 'earning 'money.
That's a joke, I paid the franchise fee to help other people, and my earnings were less than £12 last week!
Any ideas girls how to get a few more new members? I'm working really hard at this and I love it. Got some ideas for the new 6 wk weight loss challenge, going to try the local schools pta and offer to raise funds for them.
What else could I do?
Ps, I tie my banner to my car outside venue, have a frame outside a newsagents on a busy path, posters in local shops, mags and leaflets in hairsdressers, (8) 2 wedding shops, green grocers, posters in 2 newsagents, cake shop 2 cafes. Have done community event at local nursery, posters on my bike!
Still can't get that elusive 25.................

Gutted. Was doing some postering, leafleting and free magazines in hairdressers etc. Went to the sure start centre to leave some leaflets; which I've done before ; now not allowed
because I'm 'earning 'money.
That's a joke, I paid the franchise fee to help other people, and my earnings were less than £12 last week!
Any ideas girls how to get a few more new members? I'm working really hard at this and I love it. Got some ideas for the new 6 wk weight loss challenge, going to try the local schools pta and offer to raise funds for them.
What else could I do?
Ps, I tie my banner to my car outside venue, have a frame outside a newsagents on a busy path, posters in local shops, mags and leaflets in hairsdressers, (8) 2 wedding shops, green grocers, posters in 2 newsagents, cake shop 2 cafes. Have done community event at local nursery, posters on my bike!
Still can't get that elusive 25.................

Have you got a FB page? Twitter? How about a stand outside your local gym or supermarket? Local paper advert? Where snouts do you live? Big or small town? x

I think it all does depends on where u live. Sounds like u did way more postering etc than I did and ur not getting the members in. I wud agree with the post about standing with a stall at the gym that's what I did with a slow cooker on show and a grid saying for your chance to be entered into a free draw to win a slow cooker put down your name and number. Bam I got their number and texted "hi I met you at the gym yesterday, really happy you was interested in my stall. My slimming world group is...... Please tell your friends.'

My venue is at a school hall and they have been hugely supportive, they sent a text message out to all the parents of the school children to tell them about my group and I dropped off a few hundred leaflets to the office which they put in book bags for me.

It's resulted in 1 enquiry.

Am definitely going to an opportunity event this Sunday (17th) :)
Can't wait!

Back