A diary of a slimming world consultant

They told me if I get through my interview would be the 27th as well! So there's a chance we'd be at training at the same time!!

Yes I'm so excited I can barely contain myself! Couldn't concentrate at work today either lol!

I will have to choose between taking over an existing group or launching my own.

There'll be no probs on the passionate about SW front lol x

That's great. My interview venue has been change to The Hilton in Cobham. My training (if successful) is 5th and 6th April.

That would be great if we were on the same training dates!

x

They told me if I get through my interview would be the 27th as well! So there's a chance we'd be at training at the same time!!

Yes I'm so excited I can barely contain myself! Couldn't concentrate at work today either lol!

I will have to choose between taking over an existing group or launching my own.

There'll be no probs on the passionate about SW front lol x

What would you feel like doing? Starting your own one or relaunching? x

I think you would have to get 25 in each group. Don't quote me on that though :-/

Relaunch is Definately the way to go. My group lost 25 stone on the month of jan, I emailed all the old lapsed members told them about this and got 2 back last week because they wanted a bit of the success. Hehehe.

Thank you! How did you enjoy days 3 & 4? So sorry you had to miss your Son's birthday, that must have been so so hard on you :-( x

I think missing his Birthday was harder on me than him, he ended up with a 3 day celebration and extra presents so he really was fine with it lol, it still makes me feel bad though!

The training is fab, it really equips you do the Consultants job and the trainers are fab!

I started a brand new group and got 25 in by my 3rd week, I did as much as I could. You have to work really hard to get them to stay to group too I'm finding, some you'll never win, no matter how much you stress the need to stay in your commitment talk and how much you look at what you do in image therapy to keep it pacy and fun, there will always be some who don't buy into the while group thing and have no intention of ever staying!

I've had 6 visiting members in the 3 weeks I've been running and although they will rarely stay as they belong to other groups it impacts on my figures. It's hard getting hold if people for support calls and a lot of members don't respond to my texts or emails which can be frustrating. I think I am being over supportive and need to pull back a bit - too much support out of group And they won't feel the need to stay to group.

<sigh> it's such a huge learning curve and a juggling act to get a good balance of everything!

That's great. My interview venue has been change to The Hilton in Cobham. My training (if successful) is 5th and 6th April.

That would be great if we were on the same training dates!

x
I've been given an interview on the 27th at the South Lodge Hotel in Chelmsford and my training dates would be the 5th and 6th April too!! X

What would you feel like doing? Starting your own one or relaunching? x
I really don't know...it will be a hard choice I think. I'm too excited to think right now lol! X

I have just he'd my pre training on Sunday, so sitting reading my folders. Lot to take in. Am away down to head office the 1st-2nd of march and start my relaunch group on the 3rd April can't wait busy Easter for me the year :)

I have just he'd my pre training on Sunday, so sitting reading my folders. Lot to take in. Am away down to head office the 1st-2nd of march and start my relaunch group on the 3rd April can't wait busy Easter for me the year :)

Good Luck, welcome to the whirlwind that has just started lol :) enjoy head office training, it's fab, you'll love it!

Thank you. Went to the group I will to re-launching last night and introduced myself and they seemed ok, the consultant there doesn't do team fun tec and the room isn't how I would set it up so I hope the members don't mind me changing a few things. Some who didn't get to group were told on Facebook and one didn't sound to happy about a new consultant.

Thank you. Went to the group I will to re-launching last night and introduced myself and they seemed ok, the consultant there doesn't do team fun tec and the room isn't how I would set it up so I hope the members don't mind me changing a few things. Some who didn't get to group were told on Facebook and one didn't sound to happy about a new consultant.

You'll be fine! Some people just don't like change. Our consultant doesn't do team fun etc but she's fun in herself and makes us all laugh. She's the one that hopefully I'll be taking over from! But I'll defo be doing team fun.

When is your first group? x

Just out of interest what is team fun? Is it things like the left right game, points on different sides of the room for awards,losses etc written in a book, ice breakers etc? Sorry just being nosey. If so, this is what our consultant does. No some people dont like change, stuck in their ways, but sometimes change is good. Hope all goes well for you :)

Hi,just have to say I am enjoying reading this thread,you don't realise how much hard work consultants do.

Good Luck to you all x

Just out of interest what is team fun? Is it things like the left right game, points on different sides of the room for awards,losses etc written in a book, ice breakers etc? Sorry just being nosey. If so, this is what our consultant does. No some people dont like change, stuck in their ways, but sometimes change is good. Hope all goes well for you :)

Hiya

It's team fun tech and is dividing the room into two teams and giving team points for weight loss, awards and new members. I tried it with my group for the first time last week, it split the room and they all huddled round in separate groups, I kept forgetting to award the points too lol, it will come with practice, I just need to make sure they all stay in their seats as one big group and that I remember to award the points (oh and get the scores at the end) hehe, it's not as easy as it looks :)

Back